ex-Thy Art Is Murder drummer Lee Stanton breaks silence

Monday, September 30, 2019 6:22 AM PT

Roughly one year ago Thy Art Is Murder drummer Lee Stanton abruptly disappeared from the band's ranks. His status has remained a mystery in the interim, though drummer Jesse Beahler quietly became a full-time member of TAIM this past spring.

Stanton has now broken his silence, revealing that a mental breakdown compelled him to step away from the band he co-founded in 2006:

"First off, I'd like to apologise for my absence in person and online as you may have noticed I haven't been touring with TAIM for over a year now. Early last year I started noticing a shift in my state of mind which eventually resulted in me having a breakdown. As much as I would love to still be up there ripping gigs with the boys it is in my best interest mentally and physically to step back from everything and continue putting in work to get back to being 100%.

"I can't thank Sean, Kevin, Marshy and CJ enough for being extremely patient and very understanding during this whole process. My wife, family, friends and our fans who've reached out, checked in, gave me someone to speak to or offered advice and help, it really does mean a lot. It wasn't easy coming to terms with what happened, and having to walk away from something you invested a large portion of your life into building, but I have lots of positives to take away with me.

"I've built a lot of great relationships with people; I've been able to see the world and connect with people through music which couldn't have happened if not for touring. I don't want this to come across negative, I am in a much better headspace than before. I just wanted to let people know what's been up and that if you do notice that something isn't right within yourself or someone you know, don't be afraid to have a conversation or to seek professional help.

"Be honest and kinder to yourself and those around you, your body and mind will be grateful for it."

188 days ago
Guy who used to be in a band says hes mental =/= news

188 days ago
Alcohol is the only cure.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Love you buddy!!

188 days ago
Democrats hate America. Trump 2020.

188 days ago
When paranoid Trumptards who believe Hillary Clinton will hang because a baseless, engineered video made by Joe M post to Lambgoat. #getf*cked

188 days ago
"His status has remained a mystery..." No it hasn't, nobody has given a f*ck where this guy or what he's been doing.

188 days ago
Is Wild Mike Donning still in this band??

188 days ago
Didn't the singer quit because they didn't make any money and he's back with the band making said no monies?????? I guess he realized handing a satanic bible as his resume as subway open interviews wasn't a good idea, mate.

188 days ago
He left because he finally realized what dog shite his band is.

188 days ago
the band was good until he quit tbh, new album is pretty boring

188 days ago
^ Holy War was ok but the vocals were so monotonous. Dear Desolation was a great comeback. This new one though....honestly WOTY material, just purely on how boring it is.

^^^
Oh they were making monies, just not enough to support his addiction then.
He's gotten fat since he stopped.

188 days ago
^^^ yeah I think you're right

188 days ago
He can not and never could play 75% of they're set. Jesse can and maybe like a handful of other DM drummers. Regardless band is dogshit

188 days ago
I can't wait for this loser to die

188 days ago
I can't wait for Trump to get reelected.

only retards like trump

188 days ago
"I need help!">"I am Hell!" What was the reason for the mental breakdown? You fkund out, I was banging ur old lady!! Fight me. But really TAIM first two albums are solid. People who dis on this band are retarted hardcore fhags that are stoked when Knocked Loose rubber goose comes to their town. Bunch of sags. Listen to real hardcore not Crapcore, or CricketCore

188 days ago
Are you honestly trying to say that liberals are smart? Trump 2020.

187 days ago
"wishing death on bands because we don't like them huehuehue f*ckin cool am i rite"

187 days ago
Never noticed this shitty band to begin with, let alone some random clown who used to be their drummer. Nobody cares bro.

187 days ago
If he wanted something more casual he should have tried out for Coldplay

185 days ago
The only solution is to crucify the Democrats, flog the Republicans, and mercilessly beat anyone seeking public office.

176 days ago
Lost his mind from sucking so much cawk.

161 days ago
Wtf is up with this band and their members being mentally unstable.u got selfish dudes like CJ who literally cried about not making enough money so he quit and when the band got "bigger" and started making "more money" he decides he wants to come back. Oh and had the nerve to start a go fund me account so ppl can donate money to him to pay for his wedding and to buy a new boat... and I'm sure their stupid fans willingly donated money to that clown.