Megadeth's Dave Mustaine issues update on cancer battle

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:42 PM PT

Megadeth mastermind Dave Mustaine has issued the following update regarding treatment for the throat cancer with which he was diagnosed this past spring:

"I wanted to take a moment to give you all an update on the current status of my health. I'm almost through the last round of treatment and my doctors are feeling very positive regarding my progress. I want to thank all of you for the support and well wishes these last few months. I can't express enough gratitude as it has made this hard road easier knowing you are in my corner fighting with me!

"Over the next few weeks my condition will be evaluated, and I will keep you posted on my progress as we get closer to the sailing date of the first Megacruise! We can't wait to see you, and I know all of the other wonderful artists feel the same way. Let's make this event one for the record books. Less than 30 days till we are Thrashing through the Pacific!

"See you all very soon."

View this post on Instagram

A Message from Dave Mustaine ???????????????????????? I wanted to take a moment to give you all an update on the current status of my health. I'm almost through the last round of treatment and my doctors are feeling very positive regarding my progress. I want to thank all of you for the support and well wishes these last few months. I can't express enough gratitude as it has made this hard road easier knowing you are in my corner fighting with me! ???????????? Over the next few weeks my condition will be evaluated, and I will keep you posted on my progress as we get closer to the sailing date of the first Megacruise!  We can't wait to see you, and I know all of the other wonderful artists feel the same way. Let's make this event one for the record books. Less than 30 days till we are Thrashing through the Pacific! ???????????? See you all very soon. ???????????????????????? Dave

A post shared by Megadeth (@megadeth) on

201 days ago

201 days ago
Love me some Mustaine

201 days ago
^ Cheeto stuck in beard

201 days ago
Speedy recovery Dave!

201 days ago
^ I hope they do an edition of "Dave Mustaine reacts to comments" and they read that to him.

201 days ago
Waiting to hear what Brendan Murphy from End/Counterparts thinks

201 days ago
He wont be issuing a statement at this time. He is busy shoping for anti aging products.

201 days ago
Luckily years ago Dave found our lord and savior Jesus Christ and he was forgiven of his sins and will get past this

201 days ago
Full of himself choad and yes Metallica is the superior band. Go cry some more to Lars about how hurt you are to hear "Metallica rules"

200 days ago
thanks obama

200 days ago
Lol imagine being so unloved you're damaged perception of reality forces you to convince yourself that Metallica is the superior band. I know it's not a mental illness yet, but it should be.

200 days ago
Two of Metallica's early albums alone are better than the entire Megadeth discography. If you listen to "Sweating Bullets" and don't crack up at the legitimately hilarious vocals then you've got problems.

200 days ago
Love ya Dave, get better my dude. Megadeth > Metallica forever on sheer musicianship alone and ripping riffs/solos. Kudos to Dave for punching Hetfield in the face when he kicked a dog.

200 days ago
Where is Tim Lambesis and AILD?!? Shouldn't they start a fund for their fellow christian?

200 days ago
to be true, as if to only see
i am saw'n within my own manhood, deeply integrated within my own cloins

200 days ago
His music is cancer

200 days ago
Just kidding. ^ but kids with long hair that live in rural areas are definitely not stoked

200 days ago
Voice of the Alt-Right.

200 days ago
anonymous1 day ago
Speedy recovery Dave!

anonymous1 day ago

You are a fckin bitch we.bby

199 days ago
alt40ug4 I am n0t a Meg@d3t4 fan, I d0 w154 "D@ve" well, c@ncer 15 N0 fck1ng J0ke-1t t00k 0ne 0f my g00d friend5 @s well @s @ f@mily m3mb3r. fck C@ncer.

199 days ago
Lyme disease is nothing. How about you carry Sheetrock every day for 10 years and see what kind of chronic back pain you have. Is your Lyme disease bullshit gonna cause you to start getting legit oxys from the dr? You gonna fruitlessly visit chiropractors for years? Your Lyme disease ain't nothing compared to what real men deal with every day<--- I am thoroughly convinced Alex puts these posts up here himself-because they are LAME As fck. Viva La' Lamegoat!!!

198 days ago
Sheetrock is tsill a thing? What about HORSE The Band?

198 days ago
I can't wait for this loser to die