Vektor frontman David DiSanto responds to abuse allegations

Monday, July 08, 2019 7:08 AM PT

David DiSanto, frontman and founder of Arizona thrash metal band Vektor, has issued a statement in response to the allegations of domestic abuse leveled by his wife, Katy, last month.

"There's a lot of misinformation going on. I tried to stay quiet, but there is too much hatred spawning off of everything. I've gotta say something but keep things vague. I need everyone to know that sometimes relationships get tricky and people say and do bad things when things turn sour. I never wanted my life to turn into a dumb reality show/Soap Opera, but here it is. It really demeans the music this band has created. There's a person who has destroyed this entire band and, (surprise!) it wasn't me. I honestly feel very embarrassed that I lied for many years trying to save that person, while hurting myself, band mates, friends, and family in the process. All I ask is for all the hatred to stop. That's all I've wanted from the beginning.

"Please don't get swallowed up in drama. Think for yourself, take the best knowledge you're presented with and make up your own mind. That's what Vektor is all about. Personal BS doesn't have a place in all this. Be nice to each other. Be fair and ethical. I got stuck in a difficult situation, and one 15 second instant of my personal life was blown up on the internet. I'm sure a lot of you out there have lived through something similar, maybe to less of an extreme... Not fun for both sides. I'm lucky to have such supportive friends and family. I don't want to imagine what would've happened to someone who didn't have that kind of support... Anyone who has something bad to say: Go ahead. I'm sorry for you in the future because it probably means you haven't been through something like this before. It's hard, and it will ruin you. I've received a lot of hate mail... Please, please, please do not send any hate mail to the other party involved. Don't even respond to negative comments. Let those people say what they gotta say and let's be cool to each other. Let's stop this hatred and move forward. This personal crap, dirty laundry doesn't belong online or in metal, especially when dealing with false accusations. For the fans... I've been talking with Erik. We're friends again, and we'll see what happens."

8 days ago
Oh, well that explains everything

8 days ago
Imagine how funny John Dyer Baizley would look if he had the tall afro like the dude from Kid n' Play?

8 days ago
I never liked Every Time I Die. I thought their schtick was stupid.

8 days ago
is it true that Chocolate Ice Cream comes out of Demi Lovato's butt?

8 days ago
Thank god he is talking with Erik again! What an embarrassing reponse

8 days ago
TL;DR Man should've made this man some Bacon and eggs and then he would've had the strength to stop dregging on about soy.

8 days ago
"Don't judge me for beating my gf because most of you have never gone through it before. But whatever, I'm gonna be making music again with my boy."

HesherFlip

8 days ago
It wasn't me, it was all her fault. But don't get down on her cuz, uhhhhhhhh.......

8 days ago
Yeah this guy is a piece of shit, and this response reads like it was written by a 10 year old

vektor flip

8 days ago
Idea: Just start f*cking men, then we won't have to read about BS abuse and rape allegations anymore. We will also be on track to begin ending the existence of humanity, which is desperately needed.

Varg here.

Hate Has No Home Here!

8 days ago
Shut up Vektor dude. The entire rest of the band told me they were leaving you about a month before you found out about it - while you guys were on that last tour. They said they were leaving because of how much of a dick you are. "I am Vektor, you're all replaceable". Remember?

Yes, you in fact killed your band.

8 days ago
Honestly it sounds like this guy is exactly the type of alcoholic abusive asshole his wife claims. Asking everybody to make their own minds up, well, she provided proof and you sound like a dismissive asshole.

8 days ago
Cool story, Kyle. Why don't you go punch some more holes in the wall and cry about it?

7 days ago
lol that little bitch boy deleted their whole facebook page now

7 days ago
Why the f*ck is your band called Vector with a f*cking "K" replacing the "C"? Change it to Vector A.D. like all the other lame ass bands. This isnt 1996.

7 days ago
Brb gonna listen to that shitty video below from Crushing the Deciever. Dude has a Megadeth patch, they might suck but not as much as you. Yer spare parts bud.

7 days ago
Virtue signaling sanctimonious liberals get off your moral high horse

7 days ago
"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullshit, I did not hit her, I did nahhhhht. Oh hi Mark." -David DiSanto

7 days ago
I'll take some of that Demi lovatos butt ice cream. Sounds delicious ??

6 days ago
Let Madi know of this asap so she can rep this guy

6 days ago
Does anyone remember the Genesis game Vectorman? That shit was legit

Oh yea. f*ck this guy

6 days ago
Metalhead jerking off on this like it's a Kardashian show... So you've seen a piece of CROPPED video where he hits her with a pillow after asking to be left alone, that makes it all true? What if this was the worst it ever got and resulted from years of her being horrible to him? That's no excuse, but she is no angel, and he clearly asks to be left alone there, so wouldn't be a surprised if she pushed hard until it comes to that point.

6 days ago
If you knew them, you'd probably have troubles to believe any of it. His wife has been a pain in the ass of everyone on tours, including other band members (no, they didn't leave for that reason, and she wasn't very nice to them online when that happened, so...), other bands touring with and fans, and he's always shut up about it and had to go along with her dramas, she was clearly in charge. If an ex-member (the least violent person ever) is supporting him maybe you should wonder why.

4 days ago
katy's gofundme is a scam but they are both psychopaths