Ringworm to release new album this spring, first single online

Tuesday, March 05, 2019 8:52 AM PT

Official press rleease:

30 years into their storied career, Cleveland's metallic hardcore legends Ringworm return to take the world by force with their 8th studio offering Death Becomes My Voice, coming May 3rd on Relapse Records.

Listen to the self-titled, opening track on YouTube here:

Death Becomes My Voice is due out May 3rd on CD/LP/Digital. Physical packages are available for pre-order via Relapse.com. Digital downloads and streaming services are available as well. Limited to 100 physical bundle includes an album art flag designed by Human Furnace.

Ringworm ascend to new levels of hostility with 35+ minutes and 11 tracks of no-holds-barred aggression on Death Becomes My Voice. Tracks such as "Let it Burn," "Acquiesce", and the band's explosive title track unleash Ringworm's visceral urgency, spawning one of the bands most chaotic albums to date. Death Becomes My Voice was recorded at Mercenary Studios & Spider Studios, Mixed by Taylor Young (Nails, Twitching Tongues, Cannabis Corpse) and mastered at Audiosiege (Integrity, Full of Hell, Iron Reagan).

Death Becomes My Voice track listing:

01. Death Becomes My Voice
02. Carnivores
03. Acquiesce
04. Do Not Resuscitate
05. Dead to Me
06. The God of New Flesh
07. I Want to Tear the World Apart
08. Dying by Design
09. Separate Realities
10. Let it Burn
11. Final Division
12. I Hide in You (bonus track)
13. I'm Not Right (bonus track)

133 days ago
lol @ the song titles

133 days ago
30 year career WHO?

133 days ago
Human furnace vs real furnace....at the same time say the word furnace about 10 times and it gets really lame.

Lame like not paying child support and lying about 90s merch revenue. What a deadbeat midget.

133 days ago
Really lackluster track, imo. No wonder why most of their sets are The Promise + Birth Is Pain material.

133 days ago
Why do hardcore bands - pseudo-hardcore bands in the case of Ringworm - insist on being around forever well past their best days? Eight albums? Hang it up already. Them and Sick Of It All. So many bands are the music version of old baseball players who just won't retire and do something new. Only in hardcore do bands literally live off their first album or two or three like RW and SOIA.

133 days ago
What's he talking about re-issues? Last time I checked, only the Promise was re-issued. And what does that have to do with the new album? Confusing..

133 days ago
No wonder why most of their sets are The Promise + Birth Is Pain material.

Last few times I've seen them it's been mostly Justice and after.

133 days ago

I'm sure Ringworm is REALLY living off of that multi-platinum first album.

132 days ago
Biggest posers ever. Real hc kids don't even live till thirty

132 days ago
i had ringworm once from eating bad taco bell

132 days ago
^Obviously doesn't know that ringworm isn't actually a worm.

132 days ago
Consistently great band. Nearly everything they've created has been better than 95% of the garbage on this website that is paraded about as quality music

132 days ago
Yeah I enjoy Ringworm, even their later releases that all sorta blend together. Obviously The Promise and Justice Replaced are still the best but it doesn't really bother me. Absolutely true that modern kids have no idea what to do with this band though. I saw them with Vein last year and they just looked confused.

132 days ago
I've really liked the Relapse records. Think it's been some of their best stuff next to Justice. Albums may, overall, be better. Saw them with Gwar last year and all the normal hessian types seemed to love em.