Killswitch Engage guitarist Joel Stroetzel leaves tour early

Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:33 PM PT

Killswitch Engage have revealed that guitar player Joel Stroetzel has left the band's current tour (in Europe) due to a family emergency. As you can see below, KsE production/stage manager Josh Mihlek will fill in as needed.

Killswitch Engage guitarist Joel Stroetzel leaves tour

64 days ago
new Revolve is good

64 days ago
Killswitch Enrage

64 days ago
Killswitch Disengage.

How does someone just fill in "as needed" when replacing a guitar player? "We are just going to go without guitar tonight and see it how goes. We may need your services tomorrow night though."

64 days ago
I'm sure all of their crew are musicians and know the songs for this type of thing

64 days ago
Uninteresting band, with uninteresting members to boot, but how they came with the band name is somewhat amusing IMHO. I read an article a while back and a couple people commented that they knew them all from back in the day and bore witness to the five guys sitting naked on a bed getting ready to have an orgy. Adam Dorkowitz walked over to the light switch, waited patiently until the members called out "killswitch" in unison, then Adam D walked back to the bed and yelled "engage".

64 days ago
^ Thank you. I wondered for 20 years how they came up with that. For COM 110 I have to give a speech tomorrow on Metal Music and I don't have anything to say yet. I might use that.

63 days ago
Uninteresting band,<- statement makes ZERO Sense, you try hard to be funny, but come across as illiterate & begging for acceptance upon a board of strangers"witness to the five guys sitting naked on a bed getting ready to have an orgy. Adam Dorkowitz walked over to the light switch, waited patiently until the members called out "killswitch" in unison, then Adam D walked back to the bed and yelled "engage". you're probably the same retard behind the "Serj" gimmick-fck HIM & fck YOU T00"

63 days ago
This sure sounds like this will be his last serenade.

63 days ago
I used to eat those Toast Stroetzels when I was kid. Now I'm 30 and settle for 1/2 an Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Muffin. I fondly think back to those days from time to time.

63 days ago
Don't worry, everyone. Ben Weinman has been following their tour bus anxiously waiting for this exact opportunity to fill in on guitar!

62 days ago
is it a strudel or a pretzel? I am confused....