Of Mice & Men release new song 'How to Survive'

Friday, February 15, 2019 6:57 AM PT

Official press release:

Of Mice & Men spent much of the fall hunkered down in the studio working on new material with producer Josh Wilbur. They have stormed out of the gates with a brand new, battering ram of a song entitled "How to Survive."

Listen here:

Hinging on hard-hitting grooves and airtight riffing, the track snaps from visceral verses into an instantly chant-worthy growl of "In a world that teaches eye for an eye, I'll show you how to survive!" It's an instantly raw 'n' real, pit-stirring anthem.

"'How to Survive' is an anthem for those who have been the receiving end of unmerited and targeted hatred and abuse," said singer and bassist Aaron Pauley, offering a deeper insight into the impactful song. "It's for the kid who was bullied, beat up, and ignored in school. It's for the teenager who was told that they'll never amount to anything and that their thoughts, feelings, and opinions don't matter to the world. It's for the person who has been told that they're worthless, useless, or not good enough, time and time again. It's for the person who's repeatedly been targeted by those who only seek to tear others around them down."

He further stated, "This song is for them. This song is for me. I am them, and I'm still standing. So, turn it up. Feel the rage. If you, too, are that person, you will know it well, and it will greet you like an old friend."

130 days ago
WE NEED MORE TIM LAMBESIS

130 days ago
This is band is Five Finger Death Punch for teenagers who haven't developed the requisite meth addiction that leads to Five Finger Death Punch fandom yet.

130 days ago
This is band is
This is band is
This is band is
This is band is
This is band is

130 days ago
Apt description for the track. "Battering ram of a song" implies that it is unwelcome, which is true.

130 days ago

lolololol JESUS CHRIST this hyperbole is stupid. Just fckin say the song's got tight riffing, and is pretty heavy, enjoy. That's really all you gotta do.

130 days ago
of known and gay

130 days ago
Of Mice And Men by John Steinbeck...read it.

130 days ago
who writes these fcking press releases, JFC

130 days ago
I really connect with this singer. I wonder if he went through the same bullying I went through. In 6th grade, Everyone started making up rumors about me. That I was a freak and that I was gay. One time in the bathroom. Conor, Max, and Titus were in there, the 3 biggest guys in my class. They were comparing dck sizes. They made me show mine and said they've seen bigger dcks on hamsters. They laughed and said "We'll make it bigger" (more laughing) They took turns sucking it I was embarrassed.

130 days ago
^ Embarrassed? Seriously? It sounds really cool.

129 days ago
^ "Really, Billy?" "Really! You ain't cool, unless you get your dck sucked at school."