Life Of Agony recording new album with Sylvia Massy

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:42 AM PT

Official press release:

Brooklyn, NY's Life Of Agony is currently tracking their highly anticipated sixth studio album, The Sound of Scars, with esteemed producer Sylvia Massy (Tool, System Of A Down) at her recording studio Studio Divine in Ashland, Oregon. Additional recording will take place at various studios in New York. Sylvia Massy will also handle mixing duties for the album. The Sound of Scars is expected to drop this fall from Napalm Records.

"Sylvia has a deep understanding of what this band is all about and we've wanted to work with her for a very, very long time," says bassist Alan Robert. "Especially, since this is a concept album continuing the story of 'River Runs Red,' we're extremely grateful to have her on board to help capture the darkness, raw emotion and heaviness of the new material."

"Life Of Agony began boldly over 25 years ago with its hard musical discourse into the human condition, a darkly hued story which continues to evolve today," explains Sylvia Massy. "This is a unique band with a remarkable history of personal discovery - a phoenix tale of flight, fire and resurrection. This month we begin again to record the latest chapter. I am excited to be the witness to the creation of the new Life Of Agony album!"

The Sound of Scars marks the first Life Of Agony album with new drummer Veronica Bellino, who joined the group last January and performed all-year long on LOA's highly successful "Rise of the Underground" tour. Bellino is best known for her work with Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Jeff Beck, DMC, Richie Sambora/Orianthi, and Carmine Appice/Slamm.

159 days ago
I can't imagine this being good, at all. They were not good when I saw them a couple of years back (granted Sal didn't look like he wanted to be there) and they are more than 20 years removed from the only album anyone wants to hear shit from.

159 days ago
^^ actually you're wrong, I saw them last year on the tour with the new drummer. Very progressive band and should be praised from bands such as Seeyouspacecowboy and bands like that.

158 days ago
They need to seriously consider calling this "River Actually Runs Red (For Keith)"

158 days ago
"^^ actually you're wrong, I saw them last year on the tour with the new drummer. "

I'm wrong because I saw them with the old drummer and they were bad? I made it pretty fcking clear that a large part of it was Sal. Do you understand the words you're using, fckboy??

157 days ago
Sorry they suck and have sucked before Keith cut his pecked off. I've seen video where he/she sounds like the old days and I've seen video where he sounds like Chandler Bings drag queen dad in the tv show friends walking around like it's a burlesque show. Sorry but they should have changed the name or broken up and stayed broken up