Arkansas senator calls for venue boycott over Eyehategod

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 9:04 AM PT

Arkansas state senator Jason Rapert has taken to social media to call for a boycott of the Vino's venue in Little Rock over the promotional graphic used for an upcoming Eyehategod show. Said graphic shows Rapert biting an infant (see below).

Rapert is demanding that Vino's cancel the event and issue an apology:

"Boycott Vinos in Little Rock... Friends, I rarely share with you the hateful posts and pictures that extreme liberals make about me to torment my stand for better moral values. But this time I want you to see what they have done. They use my image on an event without my permission and they depict me 'biting a baby' in my mouth. A wicked and evil depiction on an event entitled 'Eyehategod'. I call on Vinos in Little Rock to cancel this event and apologize for such a disrespectful image that shows the dehumanization of babies lives. It is disrespectful of all who value babies lives and people of faith. They also clearly welcome the Satanic Temple in another post I am sharing. I urge you NOT to frequent Vinos and stand against their hateful rhetoric."

[via Metal Injection]

166 days ago
There's a dead baby in my mouth! ::Happily eats the babies of cows, chickens, pigs, lambs, and other animals::

166 days ago
Your eye would hate god too if it was blind, had cataracts or even needed contacts - having to get poked while a plastic film is forced on it day after day.

166 days ago
I think theres more serious problems to be addressed by the state senators.

He should boycott The Acacia Strain for ripping off Attila

166 days ago
They should cancel because they are a terrible band

166 days ago
This wins the Interweb for the forseeable future:

166 days ago
So its some snarky little twerp at the venue who decided to make some retarded political statement, what's it got to do with the band? lol

All involved should run straight into traffic

166 days ago
Anyone think that black lady from SNL is hot?

166 days ago
Republicans are a weird bunch, blabbing about free speech and free market capitalism while silencing those that dare to disagree with their Bible thumping/Israel loving point of view.

166 days ago
This dude sounds like a triggered soyboi beta cuck

166 days ago
To be fair, that's a realistic Photoshop and I can understand how people could take it seriously. Senator flip.

#EYEHATEEYEHATEGOD

166 days ago
Kill all politicians. fck this anti-Trump, anti-American bullshit.

166 days ago
this guy is far from a triggered soyboi
He is a state senator who happens to be a fundamentalist Christian preacher that does a lot of attention whoring via dogshit like putting the 10 commandments at the state capitol building and railing against the church of Satan

He's constantly going on about passing repressive abortion laws, which is why he the baby in his mouth got under his skin.

Lol. What a whiny pssy.

anonymous47 minutes ago

Good point. It's funny that repubs/the right dont also disagree with the treading on of free speech in situations like this.... even it it's over the top. Hating on people being PC apparently only works when it benefits them. The irony and hypocrisy is very fun.

166 days ago
LOL, who the hell Photoshopped? Well done.

anonymous47

It really is wild, goofy, n funny that repubs/the right dont also disagree with the treading on of free speech in situations like this- even if its over the top.

166 days ago
Hating on people being PC apparently only works when it benefits them - even though this is some pssy PC shit. The irony and hypocrisy is very fun.

166 days ago
fck you webby and your shitty website design.

It showed it wasnt allowing me to post a comment over 500 yet apparently did post/ allow it like 4 times. Then I had to waste time cutting and pasting. I am pissed.

166 days ago
This has actually little to do with Eyehategod, the band. This is more against the flyer and the venue. Though if the venue has links with satanic retards, then fck em.

166 days ago
The venue should be thanking this dweeb politician for gettin the word out bout the showwww!

The senator should go to the show and demonstrate some mosh skills to clear his name

Stan from Terminal Nation is stoked

166 days ago
Eyehategod has big dick energy

166 days ago
Atilla punches security guard in the face seems be very important to put the video at the end of every comment section.

Oh and EYEHATESATAN.

166 days ago
Arkansas is still a state? Good for them!

166 days ago
Doesn't he know it's "babies' lives"?

166 days ago
As someone who lives in this god damned state... this is preddy gud.

166 days ago
Wow all of these leftists who hate free speech are suddenly triggered when politicians attack their free speech gets taken away. Pathetic

165 days ago
^ completely unable to see the irony of a hardline republican being upset because someone said a mean, insensitive thing about them

fckin hell some of you are dense

165 days ago
This whole story is so much fun

165 days ago
You're a public figure thus subject to mockery and derision, and abortion is legal - deal with it.

164 days ago
I'm British, so American politics doesn't impact me the same way, but I'm pretty sure I'd want to respond if my image was being used without my permission in a cheap effort to offend me.

163 days ago
The venue should be more concerned with letting a racist abusive thief and his band play there than some poorly made flyer.