High On Fire cancels another tour

Monday, January 07, 2019 9:27 AM PT

High On Fire has cancelled their second successive tour due to health issues involving frontman Matt Pike, who says he is in danger of losing part of his foot to diabetes. Dates for their January "Electric Messiah Tour 2019" have been scrapped, with refunds available at point of purchase.

Pike has issued the following:

"Dear Friends, Fans, To my brothers, my Crew, and anyone else this affects.... I do apologize for the inconvenience of this cancelation. I feel as though I'm explaining lightning striking twice. For I wanted nothing more in the world to play these songs live, nor ever cancel something I say I'm gonna do. I am a warrior for our art and have endured some painful things to what we do. The timing of this and repeating nature are my nightmares and almost impossible. Nevertheless, to save yet another toe, my big one. I have been grounded by circumstances out of my control. I will have more of a medical report to come. Right now I'm at Great risk of losing it, and or a bigger portion of my foot due to Diabetes. Which I have been managing very well. It just shows how this disease can affect our lives. Please forgive me, and if you know anything about me, you know this is not like me. We will be back!"

161 days ago
Damn let this be a lesson kids! Alcoholism is NOT cool!!

161 days ago
David Gunn a.k.a. the Bando Commando slash Rambo a.k.a. the Pyrex Pirate here. You ain't grow up in a place known for war, but I did, and that place is Flint, MI, which is CRAZY. I don't know if you know this or not, but that's where KING is from, and it's CRAZY.

Gonna do some reverse pullups while reciting some Aquinas, then it's time to prowl the streets to catch a body.

As I Lay Dying should jump on this

dude,

your years of bodily abuse are catching up. Go vegan. Spend some time out at Joshua Tree. You will feel better.

161 days ago
Unfortunate to hear, hope all goes well.

161 days ago
now the pistol's shaking in my hand

161 days ago
What a meat-eating cuck beta p*ssy. Eat your veggies, kids.

High on Frrt

161 days ago
You want a toe? I can getcha a toe. There are ways dude, you don't wanna know about, believe me.

Hell, I can getcha a toe by 3 0'clock this afternoon WITH nail polish.

Get well soon brother

High on sheetrock

161 days ago
at least he'll be home to maintain his lawn

160 days ago
i have trouble maintaining my pubes

160 days ago