ex-Ice Nine Kills bassist Shane Bisnett dies

Thursday, January 03, 2019 7:07 PM PT

Shane Bisnett, former member of Ice Nine Kills, passed away earlier this week. Bisnett, age 31, died on January 1st in New York. He leaves behind a wife and two children. A funeral will be held on January 10.

Bisnett played bass and provided clean vocals for Ice Nine Kills from 2009 until 2011.

Ice Nine Kills vocalist and co-founder Spencer Charnas had the following to say:

"I was so heartbroken to hear of Shane's passing. He was such a kind and wonderful guy who always had a smile on his face. His laugh and charm were absolutely contagious. I remember when I first met him I already felt like we had been best friends for years. Not only was Shane a loyal friend but he was also an incredibly talented musician. I will always cherish the memories of us creating music together and touring the country with our band. I love you bud. RIP.

My heart goes out to his friends and family in this difficult time."

View this post on Instagram

I am so incredibly sad to hear that my old friend Shane Bisnett died on New Year's day. Shane was an immensely kind and talented musician who had such a powerful and beautiful tone to his voice. In addition to touring with Ice Nine Kills for years, Shane also wrote a ton of the great melodic elements of our 'Safe Is Just A Shadow' album with me. I'll always remember those cold Rochester, NY nights in 2009 working on songs with him and searching for that "perfect chorus" together. Shane was built like a tough looking dude, but as soon as you engaged with him you realized what a lovable and gentle soul he was….and that smile! He was the kind of dude that would always have your back, no matter what. This video of us playing was filmed probably around 2010 when the band was still crashing on people's floors after shows. It breaks my heart that I'll never get to play music with him again but I'm so thankful that I got to know him. My thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP my man. #RIPShaneBisnett

A post shared by Spencer Charnas (@spencerink) on

48 days ago
RIP. you did it and did it well during the height of electronicore. I would know my band charted in 2011

48 days ago
Look at all you sadistic fcks going on and on "Was He killed by Ice Nine???" and "I'm still looking for the tough looking dude" In a world full of hate all this bassist cared about was love. He banged about 40 broads in the last 5 years alone. The stories -- how he battered nice, glimmering, tight pussies with his stiff, enormous c-ck and turned them into punched lasagni. You sick, sick, barbaric brutes.

48 days ago
Who? and who cares?

48 days ago
Prayers for the family.

47 days ago
Scumbags in the comments. Shane was a great dude.

47 days ago
Thoughts and prayers... light some candles... pray to allah

shit whippets

47 days ago
So, do most of the people who comment here play in shitty metal bands and have severe social problems?

I wonder what it's like to never get out if your teenage angst. You all must make dead baby jokes too

47 days ago
wtf how many band dudes have died in the past few months

47 days ago
not as many as non-band dudes

Rice Wine Spills

47 days ago
"not as many as non-band dudes"

damn, so sad when you think about it. :*(

47 days ago
disable the people, think of the comments

47 days ago
Everyone is dying lately....

better luck next time

47 days ago
Came here for the boohoo "how dare you people" comments. Not disappointed.

47 days ago
^ you seem like you have low standards. that's good, better to not be easily disappointed i suppose.

46 days ago
Shane was such a great person. He will be missed.