Cave In to release new record

Thursday, January 03, 2019 8:43 AM PT

Cave In band

Seminal Massachusetts band Cave In is apparently planning a new record, their first since 2011.

The group had apparently regrouped sporadically in 2017 and 2018 to work on material (presumably including this), prior to the death of bassist/vocalist Caleb Scofield, and the music will be compiled for a new release later this year.

According to ThePRP, the revelation comes via a recent interview with German zine Visions. Though we cannot locate said interview, Cave In has subsequently shared the report, so presumably it's legitimate.

105 days ago
It will probably sound a lot like Mutoid Man, cool nonetheless

Belmont is hard

Cave out

Frrrrt in

105 days ago
my self esteem has caved in

boom^

belmonT is hard, indeed

Belmont is a pssy

105 days ago
haha lame. Tim has a 5 and a half octave vocal range, widest of metalcore singers. You don't have to prefer his music, but you sure better show the man respect. Almost 20 years in the business with two charting bands (grammy nominated), is a renowned producer, best selling author, master's degree holder, gym owner and a dedicated artist to the music and his fans.?

a collective who lol

105 days ago
nate newton will prob play bass, side note : converge has sucked almost the past 12 years , especially live

105 days ago
"hype beast kids who got into the band via merch swap groups and pay 80$ for converge shirts are stoked but will be disappointed when this record sounds like Imagine Dragons and they play nothing pre-Antenna live."

spot on. And they always wana have an opinion on these old bands, "until your heart stops cant be touched" well yea duh, thanks to the consensus of cool-guys, always say first record was best when you werent around for it and have no real context

105 days ago
also these hype merch kids are wet noodles and the reason hardcore sucks, from the cold world / lockin era through now hardcore has been a shopping mall

just here to say oi

#TRUMP2020

105 days ago
anyone not born between 1980/81 and 1986/87 who talks about early to mid 00s metalcore bands is a try hard or loser. shut up. this was our time poser. 1985 here and this band sucks

105 days ago
^^^^ right. you don't see us backing poison, bon jovi or scorpions. if you weren't old enough to buy a beer or have a fake at SOTU 2005 then stfu. i would know

105 days ago
looks like a group of dudes who ran out of money

Cash grab? Or Cave in?

_
You forgot to mention his most crowning achievement, that he is the owner of a pair of sweet sweet prison seasoned bitch t-ts.

_

105 days ago
^ player out and obviously you haven't been paying attention. i was by his gym in SD last week. was hitting push presses for reps. not to mention the new video. all mass and executing known mid 00s moves like the forward baseball throw closed first to floor. don't cuck me with ur new jack butter sissy

105 days ago
dunce above shut the fck up your posts are always so stupid

105 days ago
always bumbling about Lambesis/As I Lay Dying every article bet your walls are covered with his posters, with 'tier 1' written on all them, such gay fckery

105 days ago
I was born in '90. Believe it or not, first time I heard of this band was an Antenna track. Surprise surprise. It was a radio station sampler CD, "Stained Silver" was the first song I think. Had no idea they had a harder past until about a year or so later when I mentioned them to a cousin of mine. Great band, but I don't regularly listen to any of it.

If you're older than me and what I just said bothers you, holy hell you have one giant bummer of a life.

^ How riveting.

105 days ago
You should be IP banned, not for being offensive, but for being boring. That's what I would do if I had the site, but then again I've been brought up on the streets and learned hardcore the hard way.

105 days ago
Hardcore has a long history of IP bans for sure, I heard E-Town was big on that

Honestly if you're born in 85, I think your children or Tenga Fliphole need you more than this place does.

105 days ago
^^ more zzzzz from the resident lg imbecile

105 days ago
Weird ass projection dude. I had to look up the Tenga thing to even know what you were flapping about this time. Have fun with yours I guess.

Is that band photo Caleb Scofield final pov I don't get it

104 days ago
mallcore

104 days ago
Are Cave In playing old stuff?

104 days ago
^ I'm sure they will play a good amount of older shit. Antenna obviously doesn't have the greatest rep. I think they will play a lot off White Silence though.

103 days ago
you're a 28 year old adult who chose to register the name "fourth grade c-ck tease"

102 days ago