Killswitch Engage finishes recording new album

Saturday, December 29, 2018 7:37 PM PT

Killswitch Engage band
photo by John McMurtrie

Massachusetts metal/metalcore band Killswitch Engage has finished recording their new album. The outing is now set for further arrangement, editing, and mixing courtesy of Killswitch guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz and is expected to hit streets in the spring.

Vocalist Jesse Leach had the following to say via Instagram:

"All vocals for the new Killswitch Engage album are complete. Blood (actual blood), sweat, tears, more sweat, anxiety, anger, hope, love, frustration, passion and full on heartbreak are injected into every single word. Can't wait for you to hear it when it's all complete! Adam D is at the controls with more mixing, editing and arranging to do. I absolutely have to give Adam D a massive massive thank you for helping me more than any other record I've made. He is my musical soul mate and I don't know what I would do with out him. This album wouldn't be what it is without his determination and many many MANY hours of work. This process was the single hardest process I've ever had to deal with far beyond any album I've done, hands down.

"The sheer amount of material, my vocal surgery, depression, anxiety and full on mental breakdowns all contributed to the painstaking process. Adam was patient and motivating me along the way. The man is a total champion! Grateful to all of the guys in the band for their support. Stoked on their great and interesting song writing skills as well as just being patient with me. I believe the album has something for everyone who is a fan or digs what Killswitch is known for. I personally leaned a bit more on the heavier side of things, but we'll see what makes the album when all is said and done. I'm looking forward to 2019 more than words can express. It's been a super hard year for me personally as well as this album just haunting my thoughts and daily meditations. If nothing else I've given everything I have to this album. I truly hope my words on this piece of music are therapeutic, motivating and perhaps even inspiring for some of you out there. I know music is a huge part of my therapy and my life's blood so it would be an honor to help anyone in anyway with the music we make.

"Welp… enough out of me I'm going to drink a few dark and stormy beverages by a fire and try to relax and enjoy the fact another album in my career is complete. Cheers and thank you ALL for your patience, it's been a difficult (yet I hope rewarding in the long run) process."

109 days ago
more importantly did you hear that mallcore norma jean riff rip offers vein are touring with them?!? im the authority on hardcore so you should listen to me

Howard Jones was better

Cum..

109 days ago
Hey Jesse, can you add a giant crease patch to the back of your tattered sleeveless jacket? Thanks bro.

109 days ago
good. tier 1 metalcore with likes of aild, idt, norma jean, tas, bt and byd.

(cont)

most importantly did you hear that i think vein is a hardcore band and they are good music that plays from maine to florida in the highest regard since 1991!? i am the authority on known homosexuality. you should listen to me.

109 days ago
Man, does he sound like high maintenance.

109 days ago
Where do they find these guys? Seriously, it looks like they found these guys taking a dump in a dumpster five minutes prior to photographing this. Jean vest appears to be a homeless guy.

109 days ago
my uncle who lays sheetrock for a living always talks about these guys. loves em

109 days ago
I cringed while reading that garbage.

109 days ago
So dramatic. Shut the fck up.

109 days ago
I love Danzig-lite on the far left. Hahaha. Also thumbs up guy. Who even likes this band?

108 days ago
Translation: "Adam helped me, my band is good, this year was hard for me, my thoughts and meditation and crystals and reiki and surgery and depression and my self-concept and me and my career and me and me also. Have I mentioned me? Also, me. c-m."

108 days ago
vocalist is a cringe loser. worst social media poster around. bring back howard and the better vox

108 days ago
anonymous4 hours ago

No one "lays" sheetrock. You hang it, you dweeb.

108 days ago
And I just realized...one is allowed to do as they wish yet potentially degrade others for the same mindset.

108 days ago
memphis will be laid to waste > anything botch / coalesce
blue 42 > anything zao
tower of snakes > anything martyr AD
rose of sharyn > aftershock or prior kse

and it isn't even close.

108 days ago
grammy nod incoming

108 days ago
ok but why?

108 days ago
Thumbs up guy is the type of guy you would love to have on the side. Not bf material at all, just someone to empty myself into or onto.

108 days ago
"Danzig-lite on the left" got me LOLin

108 days ago
Yet you're not reacting to any of my 7 posts. Pathetic little man.

108 days ago
LOL got Danzig-lite on the left and Pickles The Drummer Ding Dong Doodly Do on the right

107 days ago
Diet Danzig

106 days ago
Howard Jones was better and that entire band looks like they take fashion advice from teenagers at the mall. Like seriously, Jesse looks like a pedo, an old man who comes out to the new school shows and hits on the young chicks

106 days ago
Everyone saying Howard was better.... yeah better at writing a fcking SEVENDUST album. Have any of you even heard his new band? Absolute trash.

106 days ago
the releases with howard crush any other kse albums

106 days ago
the releases with howard are still cringy soggy garbage for soft coward dummies who still live at home with mommy. tier 1 my b-hole

106 days ago
the releases with howard singing sounded like a tier-3 metalcore band in an Andrew Lloyd Webber production

Phantom of the Operacore

105 days ago
howard was peak kse. two dip sh*ts above wouldn't know tier 1 if it landed every china hit in the set

105 days ago
shut up you have dogshit taste in music

105 days ago