Lamb Of God guitarist Mark Morton details solo LP, debuts song

Friday, December 14, 2018 7:41 AM PT

Official press release:

Mark Morton, the prolific guitarist of Lamb of God, has announced a new project that sees him further explore his creative drive for writing and collaboration. Joining forces with WPP Records and Spinefarm Records on a worldwide basis, Morton will release a 10-track album under his own name and titled Anesthetic. It arrives on March 1, 2019, but CD and vinyl pre-order and merch bundles are now available.

Listen to the lead track "The Truth Is Dead," featuring his Lamb of God bandmate Randy Blythe and Arch Enemy vocalist Alissa White-Gluz, here:

The full track listing, complete with the list of guest artists is below. The album was made alongside a dream team of highly respected musicians from a multitude of musical worlds; some friends and some who would never be expected to collaborate with metal genre leaders Lamb of God.

Starting as idea between Jake (leader of heavy rock band Oni and founder of WPP Records), producer Josh Wilbur (Lamb of God, Trivium, Oni, Gojira), and Morton, the project quickly gathered steam — with Mark at the creative center, Josh Wilbur co-writing, recording, mixing, and producing, and Jake Oni also co-writing and performing.

Morton had been writing some of this debut for years. "This album wasn't a concerted effort to start something outside Lamb of God," he explains. "Music is always in my head, and until I write and record it, it's stuck there. But once I record it, it's out. It's a catharsis, more for my own sanity."

Singers on the album include Chester Bennington, Randy Blythe, Jacoby Shaddix, Myles Kennedy, Alissa White-Gluz, Mark Lanegan, Chuck Billy, Jake Oni, Josh Todd, Mark Morales, and Naeemah Maddox. Musically, Morton performs all guitars, with Roy Mayorga, David Ellefson, Ray Luzier, Paolo Gregoletto, Alex Bent, Mike Inez, Jean-Paul Gaster, Steve Gorman, and Marc Paul rounding out the band.

Anesthetic track listing:

01. "Cross Off" (feat. Chester Bennington)
02. "Sworn Apart" (feat. Jacoby Shaddix)
03. "Axis" (feat. Mark Lanegan)
04. "The Never" (feat. Chuck Billy + Jake Oni)
05. "Save Defiance" (feat. Myles Kennedy)
06. "Blur" (feat. Mark Morales)
07. "Back From The Dead" (feat. Josh Todd)
08. "Reveal" (feat. Naeemah Maddox)
09. "Imaginary Days"
10. "Truth Is Dead" (feat. Randy Blythe + Alissa White-Gluz)

First post. Meh

68 days ago
I've never been less interested in something.

68 days ago
Far worse than Lamb of God, and that's not an easy task. Those guest "musicians" are pathetic.

68 days ago
feat. a bunch of retardos

68 days ago
02. "Sworn Apart" (feat. Jacoby Shaddix)

uh...His name's Coby Dick. Mr. Dick if you're nasty.

68 days ago
I'd like to put my wiener in her.

68 days ago
Can't believe Chester Bennington rose from the dead for this.

68 days ago
Pick on me as a community or officers; you only embarrass yourselves in the end.

68 days ago
Did Randy get randy and put his white glue in White Gluz 8===D~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~{(.)}

I read it as Mark Moron at first :(

68 days ago
I love this song best song of 2018. I especially like how they brought their unapologetic brand of metalcore to the masses with their messages of hope and freedom. Their lyrics are powerful: "STEP THE fck UP, BACK THE fck UP, GO fck YOURSELF MOTHER fckER". Even considering getting that tattooed on me haha

68 days ago
Molinero; seeing I get my family + reputation ruined, I no longer give a shit if anyone or everyone knows me being exploited in your billiard hall. Same towards a fallen officer, same towards my family or two bullshit police departments.

68 days ago
As long as "Jake" thinks it's cool.

67 days ago
616; beat my fcking mother again.....double dog dare you, pissing on your grave for that.

67 days ago
Tell Jakes fat fcking ass come on down to my fcking house, you all hired who asked...how's fcking GE doing...

67 days ago
Dear Jake...from State Farm; please ask everyone in their to stop asking I do this or that for them, gets old...especially after having a dream destroyed where I was sooooooooo close years ago, kinda like who I love watching play billiards accomplished his. Whenever I've said no or ask it not to happen...always charmed by the bright and beautiful...lots of <3 tataaaa

67 days ago
^ Rather pointless comment. Why not do something more constructive with your time. There's so many Advertisers on here - Get involved and buy something from them. Make a difference.

65 days ago