As I Lay Dying vocalist Tim Lambesis issues statement to fans

Saturday, December 08, 2018 1:55 PM PT

On the day of the "biggest headline show" of As I Lay Dying's career, vocalist Tim Lambesis has issued a statement addressing both those who currently support the band, and those who do not. Lambesis had the following to say:

"I stand against who I became in my past and am pursuing a new purpose in the rebirth of AILD. We collectively are.

"People who support AILD are not supporting the person I once was, because part of my life's work now is to undo the hurt I've caused and to help others in addiction. Instead, I think AILD fans are supporting the belief that people can change.

"I will never be able to undo my greatest mistake, but I believe it's better to do something rather than give up.

"AILD collectively condemns all forms of domestic abuse and violence. Its aftermath is one of pervasive, long-lasting hurt and there is no acceptable excuse or defense for such behavior. Our agenda as a band is to actively back and work with organizations who offer support to those who are emotionally suffering and in pain. Whether it be from a history of abuse, hardship, or mental illness—pro-activity in healing and recovery is at the core of what this band is now.

"Tonight we'll play the biggest headline show of our career (topping our second biggest headline show earlier on this same tour). Our fans in Germany did not know this when they bought their tickets, but we will be donating a portion of proceeds from our show to HeartSupport; an organization we believe in that functions to provide emotional support and counseling to young adults caught in cycles of addiction, depression, sexual abuse, and family turmoil. Our mission is to continually seek and implement ways to facilitate positive, meaningful change in the world around us.

"For now, we don't want to miss out on bringing purpose into our biggest moment yet. We've been given a second chance we thought we'd never have again and we certainly don't take it for granted."

Needs more sheet rock

135 days ago
we are with you Tim. been an honor following and looking up to this band since early 00s.

Seig Heil

135 days ago
This would be in Germany.

135 days ago
I use to look up to you, play your songs in private. I deal with pain; where even family doesn't seem to understand that concept, but seeing how you were years ago...you ever do again I am pissing on your albums. First class mailed back to the label.

135 days ago
fck you Tim, and fck your fence-walking bandmates.

135 days ago
lol smart guy to lie like this

We all know trenbolone has restructured your genetics to that of a psychopath

135 days ago
You can't walk back trying to get someone to kill your wife. fck this guy, his bandmates, and all the clueless fans.

135 days ago
It's absolutely crazy that people aren't allowed to screw up, acknowledge said screw up, do the time for said screw up, and make a change for the better in this day and age. AILD Fans, ex-fans, haters, etc...... no one is perfect, most of us are far from it and it's hypocritical of people to hold back the same forgiveness that they would ask for, if they screwed up like Tim. You're all like the religious people who vehemently condemn others without acknowledging their own shitty decisions.

135 days ago
Look at all the Lambgoat chodes all on their high horse. So quick to judge.....pu**y a** SJW's.

135 days ago
I want to unpack this, but I'm on fries rn. Maybe later when I take a Chili break. Quick update: I'm training the girl who looks like Chrissy. Her name is Bertha. I don't want to rush it--I think this is the one guys. I gave her a mesh Frosty holster--she LOVES it. It's v cute when she dips a handful of fries in and slurps them down:) I told my mom about her and she said "Jonny, if it's love, give her your Wendy's wall flag for Christmas." Stay tuned guys..

Wendy's Jon fka 'Beatdown' Jon

Red Tim Redemption

135 days ago
Yay, social justice, or something.

https://lambgoat.com/news/ comments.aspx?id=30881#9

Lol

135 days ago
"Faux metal butt rock singer attempts to repent for past sins while simultaneously trying to cash in... more news at 11"

135 days ago
I honestly don't care. I hope the collapse of the dollar and the initial bloodbath of the rabid beta SJW commie scum bring about a Viking renaissance on the North American continent. All shall be pillaged. All shall be abused. Cities will burn, and your lamentations shall be heard. Your eyes will look upon us and despair.

135 days ago
"we will be donating a portion of proceeds from our show to HeartSupport". Notice how this chode doesn't say much much. $10 is a portion. I bet they give $200 TOPS.

135 days ago
I feel like they made the decision to donate well after the ticket were on sale too, probably right around the time Tim decided that he needed to make this dumbass statement

If you wanna donate your life to helping addiction, donate your time not your money. Believe it or not working a full time job as an addiction counselor is probably more helpful to that cause than fronting a washed up metalcore band

135 days ago
This tool needs to understand that guys like Johnny Craig and Michael Keene have been written off for far less

135 days ago
I hope bertha works out for you.

135 days ago
I hope bertha works out for you.

135 days ago
American BEATDOWN. back this... won't even be able to see me in a hood up camo windbreaker before you get murked in the pit. support nu-HATE.

'Deathcore' Jon

np: Skeleton Burial - Church Tongue

135 days ago
^ not a bad rendition. pretty close p

135 days ago
All u warriors are really sad boys inside that used to love AILD and you will grow to love again. Dont be mad at me be mad at your dad.

135 days ago
Butt-hurt people in the comments are just mad that Tim didn't kill himself like their weak asses would have in the same position. It must anger a lot of these people hating on this dude that he managed to succeed again while they probably haven't managed to do shit with their own lives but don't even have a major fck up to blame it on either. Keep being triggered, you delicate flowers, you.

t-ts Lambesis

135 days ago
I've watched you guy's in Holland and Belgium and you still have all the support from many many ppl in Belgium and Holland. Everybody makes mistakes...but you have to be a man to admit that...so big up to you Tim and the band for giving you that second chance!!!
And to all the negative fckers here...only judge when you were/are in the same situation...otherwise shut the fck up...

135 days ago
"look at all these dainty homos cucking over Tim and Trump. lol to the loser up top calling AiLd washed up while repeating every trash shai hulud or misery signals album. known gay"

^ this guy wears a skull cap and chain wallet

135 days ago
Pleeeease continue to lay dying.

135 days ago
My favorite Cannibal Corpse song is Bloodstained Cement. I am sure Tim knows what I am talking about.

134 days ago
You'd think he would still be on probabtion and wouldnt be allowed to tour outside of the US. Usually you cant leave the country. Nice job, America. Another dog off its leash.

96 hours to kill my wife

134 days ago
Why are police officers allowed to display full nude photos of a wife, later years later beat their wife out of anger yet do not allow family to speak up...instead picked on like years ago...a phone ripped out of a wall due to their suicidal mindset=abuse of power/abuse. yet have the power to pick on someone where they as officers fcked up when raising kids of their own.

134 days ago
Bunch of pssy ass gays that have to whine about someone else and their band. Go kill yourselves ??

134 days ago
Larry Hogan supports physical abuse + more by sworn officer, plus nude viewable for family and afterwards abuse of power by the same who fcked up years ago.

suicide notes=diary;abuse by community+officers

134 days ago
I support this 100%, no jest. Terrible band, but this is how you earn forgiveness, little by little.

134 days ago
You want to convince the public that you've changed? Stop dragging this stupid dead band along and get an actual job that actually helps people you fraud

134 days ago
Why does any of you care this much one way or the other? This isn't even news.

Go throw a football around or something.

134 days ago
dead band? selling out venues around the world after a multi year hiatus, hitting millions on streaming apps, new record poised to crack top 200 in 2019, full US with known metalcore support. shut and quit crying gay about how another man earns a living. virtue signaling cuck. none of you care what Tim did, just butt sore he can make living playing music and you cant. zao sucks

134 days ago
in4 this. no need to explain Tim. the masses are still behind you and we will contribute many $$$ to see this influential band keep putting out material. SOTU 2006 was best show ever

134 days ago
None of you are gonna do anything anyway so who cares whether he still does music? What are you going to do to stop him? Talk on the internet? Yeah that's about it. Keep giving him more publicity.

134 days ago
To the person who says "get a real job that helps people".
Uh, pretty sure the dude is in school to get a job counselling others... dumbass.

134 days ago
^ you don't even need a bachelor's degree to start working in the recovery industry.

134 days ago
What's your point? Maybe he wants to earn more money or work in a clinical environment where you do require a degree.

Oh really gays?

Did you see what happened to SS? Their vocals got removed based on accusations. AILD will do minimally sized venues that pail in comparison to their previous tours before he got locked up. They will not play any large festivals and most likely wont play anything in EU. They are paying for this tour and the venues aren't popular ones that have shows all the time.

Zao's ability to not sellout as hard as AILD did makes them a tier above AILD for ever.

134 days ago
You can't put toothpaste back in the tube after you squeeze it out right? Yeah, attempting to orchestrate ones murder does leave a filthy stain you can't really recover from. All about the money..

134 days ago
Of course Europe forgives you. They killed all the Jews and gays in the 30s then forgave themselves for it.

134 days ago
GET THAT CASH MORHERfckER!!!!!!!

134 days ago
If you stand up against domestic violence you should towards officers towards us as kids also.

134 days ago
Not one time have I gone through a fcking traffic light jerks, how about you look at who I mentioned much more in-depth.

134 days ago
I saw this band live at the bar. 7 seconds in...Everybody erupted. It reminded me of a big orgy. That part actually bothered me. Crazy ass band.? I can't get mad over it though because it was so funny to watch it go down. The pit floor, my oh my. It was a mixture of blood sweat and tears and some hot come too. I wanna see the video if someone out there has it. It was Billings intimate evening with 2004.

134 days ago
^ why do you say 'crazy ass band ?' like you are not sure..

134 days ago
This mans children would be without a mother if the hitman he hired hadn't been a cop. You don't just get your old job back after that.

134 days ago
It's because their lead singer was actually arrested for plotting a murder. So he's crazy but idk about the rest of them. I probably should have said, '20% crazy band' but again, idk if the other members are crazy. One of them is married to dokken guitarists daughter.

134 days ago
greatest mistake is his alliance with god and his 2 brothers. I think. Isn't that the holey moley trinity?

134 days ago
And another has been growing his moustache for so many years that looks like a zz top beard smdh :)>>>

oops :{>>>

134 days ago
Molinero; seeing I get fully exploited entering your business then made fun of after...you all may royally go fck one another.

134 days ago
Say it with me now;...and a one, two...three - I am not a punching bag nor a person to have anything thrown at by officers...nor picked on by community. Wont you be my neighbor. From the top again...

134 days ago
All of you hating motherfckers are just made you cant get wives that you can try and kill

133 days ago
Get a real job and cut your disgusting hair. Fool us once with the "we're a christian band" for bug bucks, shame on you. Fool us twice with this "I've changed and want to help people" bullshit, shame on us. Eat it

133 days ago
homosexuals. all of them. the band, the fans. gay

133 days ago
tiddy milk

133 days ago
the fcking of butts. gay butts

133 days ago
on behalf of the staff of metal blade records. we with tim all the best of luck in his future endeavors. we wish we could have continuted on with the relationship but there simply is no demand for the band based on the number of splatter vinyl sitting in our warehouse.

133 days ago
As a crime victim, thank you for trying to silence me while playing mental manipulation as a policing department; fck your PR problems for it.

133 days ago
Seeing I get taken advantage by everyone over the years then mocked by the same...fck this family home...along with a bullshit community and officers alike.

133 days ago
Altomare; go fck yourself, mock me one more fcking time I charge you in the fcking street.

133 days ago
D/J/T+others, thanks for your input and influence. B...someday I'll learn why your mental health had a massive decline.

133 days ago
Burn cr@cker n@azi burn. You will h@ng like we did. We will wear your blond hair as a wig and shit on your child's gr@ves.

133 days ago
lol @ incel refugees in the comment section thinking Tims crocodile tears mean anything all. It's funny condemning attempted murder is now SJW to these subhumans

132 days ago
Christians are STOKED. How do you spell cashgrabbbbb?

132 days ago
christians are stupid. not shocked they are falling for this

132 days ago
Lambgoaters "get a real job" comments always = commenter's band was shitty and nobody cared hence the butthurt

132 days ago
t-ts or GTFO

132 days ago
This band is the t-ts.

132 days ago
The other day I strolled through the lambgoat post on facebook about As I Lay Dying and stopped to take a look at some of the people actually defending this band. Was thoroughly unsurprised to discover they were all dumb rednecks around the age of 25, most of them already having kids.

132 days ago
This band was liked by a lot of people once, sure. They got a grammy nom and made it on some soundtracks. Then Tim tried to have his spouse killed and went to prison. Now they are a band for the type of people that fall for pyramid schemes. This is an objective truth. Go drink a bud light, make sweet love to your fat wife and throw on an Ocean Between Us.

132 days ago
Once again, someone who took the time to register the name "Fourth Grade c-ck Tease" is the voice of reason on Lambgoat.

132 days ago
Please note officers seem to have unlimited immunity to child abuse charges.
Chris A. a retired law enforcement officer, go fck yourself would you love to hear the audio of my mother being beat by your POS partner; sincerely go fck yourself. For my dream job shit on or personal finances, fck you all.

132 days ago
seriously its a terrible username

131 days ago
This website is a cesspool, so my friends and I created a username to match

After 10 years though I think I probably need a new one

131 days ago
What is this, some tribute to Duckbutter?