Rage Against The Machine bassist sued over car crash

Friday, December 07, 2018 9:08 PM PT

Rage Against The Machine bass player Tim Commerford is allegedly being sued over an auto accident that left a California man with over $65,000 in medical bills.

According to The Blast, Alec Chaice claims that he was riding his motorcycle on a Los Angeles freeway this past April when Commerford changed lanes and collided with him. Chaice apparently underwent "lumbar spinal surgery and a nerve root black procedure," leaving him with a six-inch scar on his back and $65,000 in medical expenses.

The Blast says that Chaice is suing Commerford for medical expenses, economic loss, property damage, along with interest and costs.

In addition to his role in dormant Rage Against The Machine, the 50-year-old Commerford is also a member of Audioslave, Prophets of Rage, and Wakrat.

75 days ago
Bills On Parade

75 days ago
Hard back..get it. Hey I'm on break and my boss came in and introduced me to the new girl. Total smokeshow guys -- she looks like Chrissy Metz. #bestdayever. And get this--I think she likes me! She licked her lips but I couldn't tell if it was at me or, the 5 Frostys I was havin for dinner:D For a midnight snack I just have 3. #livingmybestlife For the record, Chrissy is on my rushmore. Along w Tess Holiday, Rebel Wilson, and of course Melissa McCarthy... xoxo

Wendy's Jon fka 'Beatdown' Jon

75 days ago
The Blast is a wanna be TMZ bullshit site, don't even give them the shine they're trash

75 days ago
Killing in the name of...merging

75 days ago
Cant believe shit like this is news... the media clearly has nothing credible to report on other than pointing out other peoples problems. Give us more Tim Lambesis articles, or how the shape of Devin Townsends head is similar to the shape of my nuts when squeezed together - (I tried last night in the shower).

74 days ago
Honestly, $65k is nothing. Seems like the guy is just trying to get what he owed as opposed to all these ridiculous multi million dollar lawsuits.

74 days ago
Get that money boy. Drain that bitch dry.

74 days ago
Maybe if he did not drive his car like he plays bass he would not be in this type of situation.

74 days ago
Odd how you can but when I smoke what tastes like pesticide from someone I suspect did something similar to another its a joke apparently with family

74 days ago
Fake news. RATM dude is fully insured. Old Man Harley won't get shit.

74 days ago
Time to pay up commie

Also, when his wife was assaulting him hopefully she was screaming fck you I won't do what you tell me at him

74 days ago
bunch of tool soft gays here lately. if you knowingly admit to backing this band and weren't born before 1985 you are a deluxe pssy. I ll be at the lounging around tomorrow in my All shall perish XL reversible jersey and King conquer beanie. . . if you have something to say about it... I wouldn't recommend getting the living fck bashed out of you in front of your boyfriend.

'Deathcore' Jon

74 days ago
RATM are corporate phonies, and they're a bunch of dirty commies too. Garbage band. Hope they all die in a burning building.

73 days ago
Your mom is garbage

73 days ago
People hating on RATM like it's cool. You're fcking whack LOL

73 days ago
Ha okay - so if Tim caused the accident then like anyone else he should be responsible for these costs. It's called life sonnnnnnny.

72 days ago
100% chance the c*nt was driving his motorbike between lanes as they often do in LA traffic.

71 days ago