Thomas Giles (BTBAM) announces new album, debuts song

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 12:26 PM PT

Official press release:

Thomas Giles (aka Tommy Rogers, the visionary vocalist and keyboardist of Between The Buried and Me) has today announced the release of his fourth solo studio album, Don't Touch The Outside, to be released on November 9th 2018 via Sumerian Records. The album is available to pre-order now from donttouchtheoutside.com

Speaking on his latest creative offering, Thomas said: "Don't Touch The Outside" is my attempt at creating a journey for the listener. It touches on many new aspects of my musical mind and it's another step towards me finding the sound of Thomas Giles. I wanted to structure the album to make you very comfortable and uneasy within a few minutes of each other… the battle between beauty and noise."

The first single to be taken for the upcoming album is the wonderfully ethereal "Milan" featuring Kristoffer Rygg (Ulver). Otherworldly synths and strings conjure a Pink Floyd-esque canvas for the beautiful, rich blend of vocals from Giles and Rygg. Speaking of the track and the inspiration behind it, Thomas says: "Milian is a slow tune written with one of my biggest musical influences: Kristoffer Rygg. I really channeled old soul ballads for this song. I attempted to make the simple and stripped instrumentation compliment the vulnerable lyrics that speak of hiding our emotions."

The album also features Thomas' Between The Buried and Me bandmate, Blake Richardson on drums along with several guest appearances from Leprous frontman and keyboardist Einar Solberg and Candiria's Carley Coma.

Don't Touch The Outside track listing:

01. Church Friends
02. Incomplet
03. Milan (feat. Kristoffer Rygg)
04. Radiate
05. Everyone Is Everywhere (feat. Einar Solberg)
06. I Win (feat. Carley Coma)
07. Awake From Death
08. Sway
09. Mr. Sunshine
10. Weather Moods:Panic Start
11. Take You Seats:Time Gentlemen
12. Exordium

265 days ago
"I wanted to structure the album to make you very comfortable and uneasy within a few minutes of each other… I basically ask the listener to hear me play piano and beat off interchangeably," Giles went on to say.

265 days ago
Giles then added, "For the vocals, I tried to channel the warbling sound of a robot short on batteries. I feel that the more exasperated and boring I can try to sound, the more uncomfortable my listeners will become. Truth be told, I'll probably just use text-to-speech for the singing live because i'm far too tired from farting with my throat from the BTBAM days of olde."

265 days ago
You want more on this Ford woman? Okay.

-Her grandfather was CIA and received an award from Dulles.
-Her Dad is CIA and ran their bank, he now runs a protection company that provides bodyguards for congress (let that sink in).
-Her Dad's contract runs until 2030, and Doctor Blasey-Ford is the head of the CIA.

265 days ago
She is head of the CIA Internship Program at Stanford. NOT HEAD OF THE CIA PROGRAM. You're posting on the wrong site.

265 days ago
Lovley story, but can anyone tell me what, CIA means please? I keep seeing it on comments?!

265 days ago
crease Internally Annihilated

265 days ago

265 days ago
I like BTBAM but I've never been a fan of his vocals

265 days ago
no one cares about between the butt and me. no one cares about your pretentious fecal discharge. no one cares.

265 days ago

Thank you for this. This comment sums up this bullshit perfect.

265 days ago
Cocaine Import Agency

264 days ago
Comment 3 through 7 is all the same guy. The similar sequence of questioning happens frequently with him responding the same.

You must be a monster at devouring fat c-ck to lock up 5 spots just to try to make a point. Cia links or not...kavenaough acted like a fckface on the stand.

264 days ago
Hopscotch through the closet of raunchy, y'all!

263 days ago
between the buttcheeks and me

262 days ago
Your majesty, beef curtains surround me.