Maynard James Keenan to record final vocals for new Tool album

Monday, September 10, 2018 2:16 PM PT

Meaningful progress apparently continues with regard to the next Tool album, which will arrive in 2019.

In a new update shared today (see below), vocalist Maynard James Keenan revealed that he completed scratch vocals some time ago, while tracking for guitars is currently well underway, to be followed by final vocal tracking.

Keenan summarized their activity by saying, "long way to go, but much closer."

68 days ago
Saw them in Jerome & this kid comes up to me. He says things like 'whaz poppin, this place is turnt, ur whip is goals, u woke af, u got dis, living ur best life cuh' etc, my girlfriend is rolling her eyes, like can we just go. Anyways he's talking...long story short - its the kid who does this site. Turns out the stuggle is real (he just wanted gas money for his 89 Sentra to get back home - Billings MT ha). I say my wallets in my car. Me and gf get out to my M3 only to not return.

68 days ago
^ Lookin for reaction to your absurd comment, huh? Well ok.. your a saddo who has issues of self loathing. Now go to bed and wake up tomorrow and get wise.

68 days ago
That update sounds fake, so I just looked at their insta, looks pretty normal, not too sageish.

68 days ago
^ Ha ha ha, nice try...If you type sage in, it automatically changes it to Nigerian. And if you type triggerish in it corrects to triggerfish - not sageish. You sir wrote exactly what you intended, and are inherently racist. I'm sick of your shit, keep positing shit and I will IP ban you, am I clear?

68 days ago
Whatever happened to the news of Maynard raping that girl?

68 days ago
Lyrics about weiners and drugs are stoked

68 days ago
Which Maynard Keenan? I know a lot of Maynard Keenans. Ohhhh, Maynard James Keenan. It's tough being white in America. Not super tough, but tougher than you'd expect. Not everyday tough, but existentially tough. Like a dull toothache. Does that make sense?

68 days ago
True story, during the 1996 tour, Maynard invited me on his bus to watch a movie. While there, he started massaging my shoulders. He then moved his hands to my supple young buttocks. Before long, he had pinned my arms and sensually pounded me to completion. I'm okay with all that, but he could've at least put on a better movie than Independence Day starring Jeff Goldblum. I'm 40 years old.

I wish God would have spared Mac Miller and taken this favor king instead

68 days ago
It's sad what LG has become. Whoever started this Fronz here bullshit needs to be tortured. It was never funny. D-bags are still doing it. Bring back the lift up my ballsack comments.

I was the 'GUYS ITS FRONZ' persona circa 2016. among many others

68 days ago
Aaand Hillary Clinton is STILL a C U N T !!!

68 days ago
Who cares? Band is a clown cavalcade. Saw them and Maynard James Keenan was a mental midget, a mere shadow of his former self. Van pseudo intellectual flip forever.

i work at metal blade,
we would like to sign tool, we don't care that he abused girls on his bus while watching anchorman. all we care about is making up the money that we lost putting out these As I Lay Dying splatter vinyls that nobody bought.

68 days ago
TIT LAMBESIS HERE... OUR SPLATTER VINYLS WENT 10X PLATINUM. I WILL HIRE RED TO KILL YOU.

68 days ago
5 posts in a row. Congrats. You showed everyone you're just plain out of material. Time to hang it up kid.

68 days ago
Just relisten to old tool. it'll be the same. only less good.

68 days ago
i can promise it will not be worth the wait

68 days ago
Maynard James Keenan IS a TOOL !!!

Oh and Hillary Clinton is STILL a C U N T !!!

68 days ago
Whatever happened to the news of Maynard raping that girl?

That's why he's finishing vocals. So he can go on the road and begin a whole new round of raping

68 days ago
F___A___G___G___O___T, I'm black, suck my thick fcking sage dck!!! fcking SJW on Lambgoat, hahahaha!!! Just a black guy letting you all know that there are black people and there are sageS!!! Truth fcking hurts all you white SJWs, just like I hurt all your ex white girlfriend's creases because they've been fcking your small, white boy dcks. F___A___G___G___O___T suck my fcking dck.

68 days ago
Let me correct that because LG hates free speech. F___A___G___G___O___T, I'm black, suck my thick fcking n gger dck!!! fcking SJW on Lambgoat, hahahaha!!! Just a black guy letting you all know that there are black people and there are N GGERS!!! Truth fcking hurts all you white SJWs, just like I hurt all your ex white girlfriend's creases because they've been fcking your small, white boy dcks. F___A___G___G___O___T suck my fcking dck.

*jerks it onto 17 year old's stomach*

68 days ago
tim lambesis is a sage f a g g o t

67 days ago
n gger f a g g o t

67 days ago
anonymous20 hours ago

Tool was formed in the 90's. Every bro had to have 3 names in the 90's.
Freddie Prince Junior
Sean William Scott
Jonathan Taylor Thomas
Sean Patrick Thomas
Mark Paul Gosselaar
Chad Michael Murray

67 days ago
Maynard likes getting f ucked by Michelle Obama's tranny n igger dck.

67 days ago
no. one. fcking. cares.

jncos is bankrupt, so why not tool?

67 days ago
"tim lambesis is a sage f a g g o t"

Your posts suck even by 2018 lambgoat standards, do your parents a favor and swallow a bullet

67 days ago
Guys with tribal arm band tattoos, chin goatees and black light poster collections are stoked maaan

67 days ago
Maynard James benchod

66 days ago
TIM LAMBESIS > MAYNARD

maynard tries to fck women. tim tries to kill them

hillary is a c*nt

65 days ago
shit band for shit people

65 days ago
victim blaming jocks who like colorful drawings of circulatory systems and can't count time signatures are stoked