Thrice sign with Epitaph, premiere song, announce tour

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 7:24 AM PT

Official press release:

Epitaph Records is thrilled to announce that Thrice has joined its roster. Formed in 1998, the Orange County-based four-piece is widely regarded as one of the most innovative rock bands of their generation.

"We grew up listening to and being inspired by Epitaph bands, and have always admired and respected the label's independent spirit and ethics," said the band in a statement. "To finally be a part of the family there is an absolute honor, and we couldn't be more excited about our future with them."

Today marks the premiere of "The Grey," a deeply evocative track that's equal parts intense guitar work, furious rhythms, and indelible melody. Watch the lyric video for "The Grey" by Thrice now:

Thrice has also announced a headline tour this fall with The Bronx and label mates Teenage Wrist:

9/21 San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
11/16 Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
11/17 Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
11/18 Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

hot water music?

321 days ago
" Formed in 1998, the Orange County-based four-piece is widely regarded as one of the most innovative rock bands of their generation."

What are your sources for this assertion?

i hate christians

321 days ago
either attempt to kill someone or no care

3 things:

1. They are NOT widely regarding as one of the most innovative rock bands of their generation.

2. They definitely appreciate and need all of your prayers.

3. Thrice is one of the most overrated bands of their generation. I can name multiple bands who did what they do better......

Peabo Bryson is better

321 days ago
As I Lay Dying attendance is going to demolish this.

321 days ago
Dudes that wear Hurley are excited. "I was the assistant manager at the first pac sun to play thrice"

321 days ago
Thrice in a nutshell: Orange County metal bros start punk band, discover Deftones "White Pony" and promptly change musical direction for the next 15 years.

321 days ago
This song has ZERO references to the Liam Neeson movie of the same name.

Don't waste your time.

anonymous30 minutes ago

this.

Band was never innovative in any way, shape, or form. I don't know what these assclowns are on about.

321 days ago
This band is about to get rich AF. This is some top 40 hot garbage if I ever heard it.

Epitaph must be desperate. Badinvestment.com

321 days ago
Great band! Great song! Terrible press release! Where is the album info? I'm glad to hear this awesome new song but I want to know about the new album!

321 days ago
glad to hear Thrice still blows. Can't wait to pass this show up when they come to my town

Yautja are sick

321 days ago
I'll say right off the motherfcking bat that this is one of my favorites. Some might find The Grey a bit hard to vibe to, but really it's goddamn chill and provides summer ass vibes. Shout out to the underrated lyrics of "The parasites will come and go, live inside you, waste you away." I'd be remiss if I didn't mention 'The Great Bitch-Ass Funky Bridge' (2:20). It brings what was, up to that point, a chill song, to a stunning climax. And the bell/alarm thing before the breakdown: LOVE IT. 5/5

321 days ago
Yautja are sick dude. I saw them last year lol

321 days ago
Go see The Bronx and make it back home in time for family guy.

Phagz

321 days ago
dontcha hate when one of your fav bands breaks up, then they get back together and suck. do you pretend to like it? or do call it what it actually is. very bland.

321 days ago
Typical break up for a few years and couldn't find a real job scenario. Surprised they didn't go the go fund me route. God isn't real

fck you Tim Lambesis!

320 days ago
This band has been getting shit on by the metal-core scene in OC forever. Even when said scene has become somewhat non-existent dudes from 2002 are still making their way on this board to trash Thrice. Whats funny to me is 99% of bands who talk shit on this band are/were fcking terrible musicians themselves who have been in terrible bands. I could care less about Thrice just pointing out a fact.

320 days ago
i like the part that smelled like carrots

320 days ago

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO L.
Who didn't wear hurley at one point tho? haha

319 days ago
I've N E V E R worn Hurley or was a manager of PAC SUN- I was a store manager for a store as equally horrible,"Journeys"<--- shit sucking corporation

317 days ago
after like 5 listens it actually is acceptable to my ears. however i still find this new thrice as bland as Michelob ultra. i hope they bring back some porter stouts and ipas on their albumb.