ex-The Faceless guitarist says drugs at root of band problems

Thursday, March 22, 2018 7:20 AM PT

In the wake of the latest The Faceless line-up implosion, co-founder and only current member Michael Keene took to Instagram to lament the "betrayal and disrespect" he has received in recent months. Keene had this to say:

"Let me begin by saying, naturally there are two sides to every story and if you knew the events that transpired and the betrayal and disrespect I've received in the past few months, your jaw would hit the floor. It's a miracle I'm still standing. Next just let me tell you that this is honestly a fantastic thing for The Faceless. Not only the morale, but the music and show. This year's touring cycle is going to be a pleasure and it is going to be a Faceless show like you've NEVER seen before. I cannot wait for everyone to see it. Also the confirmed players I'm working with are absolute ANIMALS and I'm honored to have them working with me. We are going to have a blast. Many exciting announcements in the coming weeks."

Shortly afterwards, departed guitar player Justin McKinney (of The Zenith Passage) responded with this:

"Here you go again shifting blame away from yourself and towards the last 18 people who have quit the band. Stealing money from the band, stealing money from fans. Telling fans the reason why you can't play your guitar is because of being 'nervous', not because of your heroin addiction and the fact you never practice. Backtracking your solo in 'Spiraling', getting the band's equipment sold from your storage unit from non-payment and using the money EJ [band manager] sent you to pay for the unit to buy heroin. Getting so high that you can't even make flights on time. Ya, we sure betrayed you, dude. Get your fucking life together and take responsibility for your shitty actions."

Make of this what you will. It appears that McKinney's comment has since been deleted (though Keene's remains).

[via Metalsucks]

3/22/2018 7:51:02 AM
Anyone want some popcorn? I'm gonna go get some popcorn.

3/22/2018 8:01:54 AM
"it is going to be a Faceless show like you've NEVER seen before."

Right, cuz they always get cancelled lol.

Now we know why.

*makes popcorn and sits back....

3/22/2018 8:15:17 AM
I just found out my dad is gay

3/22/2018 8:24:45 AM
Ej shannon save this band! Save Keene

3/22/2018 8:33:10 AM
someone give Keene a hot dose already so that deathcore F4GZ will hold him aloft on some Cobain-esque pedestal.

3/22/2018 8:36:39 AM
Justin McKinney Wins
FLAWLESS VICTORY..
FATALITY..
V1SHUTDOWN

3/22/2018 8:38:45 AM
Waiting for Keene's mom to show up.

3/22/2018 8:54:41 AM
Why'd you lose the equipment? Because of heroin (Didn't pay the facility bills)
Why can't you just hop on a stack of Marshalls? Because of heroin (don't practice)
Why'd you miss the flight? Because high on heroin
Why anxious about travel? Because maybe no heroin

Hmm... I see a pattern here

3/22/2018 9:05:47 AM
yeah, no shit

3/22/2018 9:20:34 AM
This is starting to get real good!

3/22/2018 9:27:59 AM
yeah if you look at the list of musicians who quit this band... it make sense the common denominator is this guy. he really tried to make it sound like everyone was out to get him. hahahahaha. that guitarist dropped the hammer. there's no way that dude wanted any of those stories to get out about him... especially the backtracking of his solo and shitty things he did towards fans. what a fck wad. stop supporting this shit deathcore band and hopefully he'll crawl into a hole and die.

3/22/2018 9:33:33 AM
dude. hang it up. you wrote a good album when you were like 22 years old and you've coasted off of that album for a decade.

the metal community is running out of 20-somethings who give a fvck.

3/22/2018 9:57:14 AM
CHASON WESTMORELAND WAS FIRED BECAUSE HE STINKS

3/22/2018 9:57:47 AM
ALEX RUDINGER WAS FIRED BECAUSE HE LIKES PENIS

3/22/2018 9:58:48 AM
WES HAUCH WAS FIRED BECAUSE OF HIS EGO

3/22/2018 9:59:36 AM
EVAN BREWER WAS FIRED BECAUSE HES A DRUG ADDICT

3/22/2018 10:00:20 AM
Other side of the wall for Keene.

3/22/2018 10:00:34 AM
DEREK RYDQUIST WAS FIRED FOR LACK OF ABILITY TO STAY CONSISTENT WITH VOCALS

3/22/2018 10:01:31 AM
Keene and his poop

3/22/2018 10:03:25 AM
The ex-members sound like they got shafted. Keene comes across as an enabled narcissist who expects the world to feel bad for him while he makes shit decisions that impact everyone around him negatively. He and the Arsis guy should start a band together...

3/22/2018 10:38:59 AM
This made my day.

3/22/2018 10:50:42 AM
Finally they stop beating around the bush!

3/22/2018 10:57:59 AM
LOL@coaster!

3/22/2018 12:10:11 PM
prayers

3/22/2018 12:10:50 PM
obligatory popcorn comment

3/22/2018 12:41:53 PM
Who else loves a 31 year police officer veteran who may commit domestic violence on his children however is allowed to intimidate you into not coming forward. Years later if you break anything under $10.00 you as their child may be charged with domestic violence.

Gotta love this fcking world and the bullshit bully officers.

3/22/2018 12:50:25 PM
V1 KEENEDOWN

3/22/2018 1:48:41 PM
ironically i was already eating popcorn when i clicked this

3/22/2018 2:44:03 PM
EJ SHANNON MADE THE "MICHAEL KEENE HAS NO FACE" VIDEO

3/22/2018 3:20:39 PM
Bryce eats ass

3/22/2018 4:01:54 PM
I thought HEROIN HELPED bands ,with inspiration and what not !!!! How can't ya do heroin and keep it together !!!!!! pssy loser !!!! Handle your drugs PUNK!!!!

3/22/2018 4:48:46 PM
ex-V1 SHUTDOWN guitarist says 2018-03-31 at root of V1 SHUTDOWN problems

3/22/2018 5:49:58 PM
Lmao I been in "biz" for a while u can peep my fine silver locks as proof ;) but neva see SLANDER this bad lmao!! It me- srj tmkn-sod fame and today I use my blog mabe to clear "FACELESS MIKE" of all allagation?? XD lmao hmm mabe! Anway, sit bak and relax- well lmao me? I like to kick up my Dami alligator penny loafers of course in my cashmere dressing robe and drippin in all mine ice xD Lmaoo the boys here too now never get this twiztid thats SHAVO, den Mlkn, respectedly. They the boys! LOL

3/22/2018 6:30:49 PM
Lmao well I start from mine beginning but think ol srj has to take it back even further xD twas 4 score and twain lmaoo and well the ships set sail..America! And well not many ppl know this bout ol srj, but i not a true blooded American! My family set sail from...armnia! & that why every year, sod play 1 show there lmao it is packed u no have fkn idea lmao idk these ppl sell their goats mabe their land?? for a ticket LOL idk but everyone go! Must be a holiday lmao

3/22/2018 6:40:15 PM
Flash forward 30..mabe 40 years. "FACELESS MIKE" as he know, well he gets into some hot waters! and so he hire legal team of "Tmkn, Mlkn" to represent him and also-his new PR team! we hired to improve public opinion on the man & well me and my associate, (that's where den Mlkn come into play lmao I no u were wondering what his role was xP) den Mlkn decide it wise to sit down wit the man himself find out what make him tick, wat sticks & even mabe even get a lil info that might help w the job!

3/22/2018 6:45:53 PM
So we sit down with "FACELESS JOE" Lmaoo inside joke it's mike keen, at his loft - downtown "LA". The spacious 1 BR room overlook a small market/liquor store. Den Mlkn rifle thru some of the papers we bring, as I take the lead with the perp. I ask him what is his name, what he do for work, what I like to call tha "srj burners" lmao cause when I rattle em off- u in the hot seat sister! XD haha lil thing I came up w during interrogations when me and den Mlkn were P.Is xP they crack everytime

3/22/2018 6:51:03 PM
I see my partner, that's den Mlkn crack a smile, he no my "srj Burners" never fail to get what we need-perps, peeping Tom, pervs, pedos- they all crack under mine pressure and den Mlkn know it only a matter of time. He answer his name and I have to play it cool. This guys good. Gotta stay cool srj I think and I say out loud accidently. But hehe let me tell u when it was time to unload the big guns "F MIKE" flop like old fish

3/22/2018 6:59:33 PM
Down at the station we gotta name for faceless mike keen. "Oil slick" we call em...cause nothin sticks to the guy. Leaves no evidence- slick and oily hair too..down at the station we call him "Vince Vaughn"..he a smooth talkin wise guy who could talk u into giving him ur own wallet! Well, my "srj mind" trained to combat such a man, and I had my classic, Tom Ford alligator bi-fold secured in my, tailored to fit Dolce & Gabbana distressed jeans at the time. No one was gettin that wallet

3/22/2018 7:07:13 PM
Lmao well long story short- faceless mike keen was wearing a pair of Balmains distressed, skinny biker jeans, told me he found at them Barneys and just had to have em! Well I no that feelin haha and well one thing lead to mine other and p soon I talkin shop wit the same man I sworn to kill! At this point Den Mlkn panic and mention his black, Stetson fur felt western hat - and I knew our gooose was cooked. Mike keen pull out the Colt Python I had noticed when we met from under his coat!

3/22/2018 7:52:02 PM
Change band name to narcissist

3/22/2018 8:16:13 PM
^ haha good idea but I always think it kind of cheap to use a song name as ur bands name!? Still a good song tho haha I remember, hm..ol Jonny Darvis, he email me, "powersrj @ Hotmail lmao xP) he shoot me the mp3! tentatively titled "NARCISSIST CANNIBAL" lmaoo blew SHAVO ears clean off! He never hear Bass like that! Never new his cool new, blue bass strings could do that. Well anway we come up with sod based on a poem, wrote by den Mlkn! But is my idea to from vod to sod haha xP

3/22/2018 8:20:42 PM
Haha sorry bud didn't mean to tear apart ur idea it would be a cool band name! But mabe try to think of something original haha it all the fun of music! For example haha I got this 1 song right? Off my srj tmkn album lol called "ELECTING THE DEAD" xD kinda a double meaning behind it see? And then lmao got this 1 song on there-it goes lmao get this haha "CANT U SEE MY BODYS BURNING DESOLATE NOW ITS ALL YEARNING DYING FROM A COMPLICATION IM DYING NOW ASPHYXIATION!!" Haha can u imagine xP anway

3/22/2018 10:13:33 PM
drugs are cool

3/23/2018 4:38:10 AM
Lambgoat is stoked, seriously.

3/23/2018 5:03:57 AM
mike is a slave to the butt-hash smh

3/23/2018 7:41:38 PM
I'm sure it has nothing to do with Ken gettin balls deep in their merch girl (keenes now ex)

3/23/2018 8:57:20 PM
KEN SORCERBUN

3/23/2018 8:58:19 PM
KEN SORCERBUN KEN SORCERBUN KEN SORCERBUN KEN SORCERBUN KEN SORCERBUN KEN SORCERBUN KEN SORCERBUN KEN SORCERBUN KEN SORCERBUN