ex-Strapping Young Lad, Threat Signal members launch band

Saturday, March 17, 2018 7:12 AM PT

Imonolith band

The new metal band featuring current and former members of Strapping Young Lad, The Devin Townsend Project, Vimic, and Threat Signal has now given itself the name Imonolith.

Imonolith, which is currently working on new music, is composed of vocalist Jon Howard (Threat Signal), guitarist Jed Simon (Vimic, ex-Strapping Young Lad), guitarist Brian Waddell (ex-Devin Townsend Project), bassist Byron Stroud (ex-Strapping Young Lad, Fear Factory), and drummer Ryan Van Poederooyen (ex-Devin Townsend Project).

Regarding their name, Van Poederooyen had this to say:

"Jed Simon had a list of over 50 band names he thought of over the years. He sent them to all of us in the band. The word 'Monolith' was one of the band names. It caught my attention and I started playing with the word. At first, I thought of various names with words in front of, or after the word Monolith, then I thought of 'I Monolith.' But it didn't sound right, so I added the letter 'i' to the front of the word 'Monolith' and voilà… Imonolith was born. A brand new word used for a band name. The guys dug it when I brought it up to them. It sounds heavy and is easy to say. So we're sticking with it! It still somewhat carries the meaning of Monolith, which is a monumental, black stone of significance. Sounds metal enough for us!"

3/17/2018 9:18:57 AM
^^ you dumb fck. waste of fcking air.

3/17/2018 1:15:18 PM
Definitely an interesting group of musicians, and love their previous work. Will keep an eye out

3/17/2018 1:48:49 PM
LOL WOW. You can tell they brought guns to school back in the day

3/17/2018 4:25:42 PM
NICK GOSS IS STOKED

3/18/2018 2:37:23 AM
Oh, I thought it said ex-Strapping Young Lad threatening to launch band. Scared me a little.

3/18/2018 9:48:27 AM
Well the boys flippin burgers all the way to the bank and my pockets just get fatter and fatter xP LOL it me, srj tmkn-sod fame. Lmao & the news keep leakin like a pair of SHAVO poorly marketed "SHAVO WATER SHOES" lmao xD poor guy try to break into the shoe business but instead of making shoes u wear in the wa-wa u know for rocks and such, he get confused and draw up some sneakers u fill with wa-wa!!! Lmao they give u trench foot like a mother and well the smell?? Simply rotten xD

3/18/2018 10:25:35 AM
bunch of old dudes looking for a quick buck... no thanks

3/19/2018 2:57:54 AM
No Andrew Neufeld no care

3/19/2018 8:18:54 AM
Good to see shavo and dem boys back not good to see the imminent shutdown of V1 on 3-31-2018...is anyone even prepared for this shutdown?