Soulfly set to record new album

Friday, December 08, 2017 8:59 AM PT

photo by Rodrigo Fredes

Soulfly has announced plans to enter the studio in January to record the follow-up to 2015's Archangel. A summer 2018 release via Nuclear Blast Entertainment is expected.

The as-of-yet untitled album will be recorded with Josh Wilbur (Lamb Of God, Gojira).

In a recent interview with Backstage Axxess, frontman Max Cavalera said: "I'm actually writing right now. I'm collecting the riffs right now and getting the ideas.I'm excited, because I think the album will have a little bit of a return to some tribal sounds that I haven't done since Prophecy. So that'll be cool, to return to some of that. And then the rest of the album will be a continuation of Archangel; a lot of people like Archangel. And, of course, I think that it will be also somehow influenced by Psychosis, 'cause Psychosis was such a cool record that I'm sure that somewhere in the Soulfly record we'll have the influence of that on top of it too. So it'll be a really cool record to work on."

12/8/2017 9:22:36 AM
DURR HURR LITERALLY NO ONE ASKED FOR SHEETROCK BUT IMPENDING DOOM IS STOKED THAT EMMURE SHOULD BE ON THIS YOU BETA CUCK F@GZ LOL IM SOOO FUNNY LIKE MY NIQQA DOUG CREEPIN ON THAT PATTI MAYO PU$$Y

12/8/2017 10:03:26 AM
^ -Ronzilla

12/8/2017 10:10:06 AM
That's great Doug

12/8/2017 10:13:12 AM
Look at dudes weinery son way in the background

12/8/2017 11:28:16 AM
Can't wait for those ol 'tribal sounds!

12/8/2017 1:53:10 PM
Can't wait. Love cranking soulfly while I sheetrock and mud the new track homes were doing

12/8/2017 4:26:52 PM
Salty sheetrockless betas who didn't grow up with Doug and unironically are stoked about an Emmure/Impending Doom co-headliner are stoked.

12/8/2017 5:23:44 PM
Frontsman Max Cavlena says this abot new recod: "its gonna be cool people like cool and cool will be pretty cool and once you cool guys kno how cool its gona be then cool cool cool and also cool"

12/9/2017 2:56:22 PM
"I'm excited, because I think the album will have a little bit of a return to some tribal sounds that I haven't done since Prophecy. "

Literally no one wants this. This guy is so self unaware. He does something decent that people kind of like then he turns around and and does something terrible. Put the pipe down.

12/9/2017 3:05:50 PM
Max needs to hit the treadmill

12/10/2017 7:45:36 AM
I just jacked off to danielle bregoli

12/11/2017 7:36:00 PM
More tribal sounds is exactly what Soulfly needs, said no one ever.

1/13/2018 10:37:05 AM
Hey everyone, Soulfly will be back on the road April - May 2018 with Nile for upcoming From the Amazon to the Nile Tour!
i bought tickers here here www.soulflytickets.xyz