Suicide Silence vocalist Eddie Hermida issues statement

Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:35 PM PT

Eddie Hermida with accuser

Suicide Silence frontman Eddie Hermida has put forth a statement in response to this week's allegations from a teenage woman that Hermida "emotionally and sexually" manipulated her.

His statement reads as follows:

"I apologize, first and foremost, to Verena, that she feels hurt, manipulated, and otherwise distressed by any of our past communication. I want to apologize to the people who support my work as a musician (both the fans and behind the scenes) for the discomfort, distrust, and damage these allegations have caused.

"Most importantly, I would ask the music community to abstain from ridiculing, ostracizing, or otherwise harassing this young woman. It's difficult enough for women to come forward with allegations about the behavior of men under any circumstances.

"When Verena told me she'd turned 18, I believed her. I made it clear that our conversations should not be of a sexual nature until that time. However I have learned the lesson, the hard way, that it was wrong to engage in any kind of intimate conversations with someone so much younger than me.

"I was raised by a single mom who taught me to be respectful to all women. I am ashamed that I have failed. I hope to earn the respect and approval of our fans and to prove that I am not the person this would seem to suggest.

"Now more than ever, the responsibility falls on men to be mindful of our words and actions with people, and to listen to the voices of those who come forward, with respect and dignity.

"I am here and I am listening."

LOL nice try. First!

in4 backing your bros and blaming the chick

337 days ago
Notice how he danced around the issue that he attempted to groom a mentally unstable, obsessed young fan instead of, you know, encouraging her to seek professional help and cutting her off for her own good. fcking dirtbag. Dude should play the final iteration of Warped Tour with Blood on the Dance Floor, Brand New, and Slaves, he'll fit right in.

337 days ago
Maybe if he was in a respectable band I would give a fck. Throw him in the cage with the rest of them!!

337 days ago
She's a dumb trick and he's fat faaggot.

337 days ago
Anthony from Downswing here just wanted to show our support for our boy Eddie and again say that statutory abuse is a staple of heavy music. Hare Krsna ECT

337 days ago
he better get good at carrying sheetrock on his work release days

Eddie touched my pp.

337 days ago
This dudes on a whole other level. He went international with his scandal. Can't wait for the domestic accusations to surface. You know they're coming. No way he put all his old eggs into one young basket.

A BIG PIECE OF EMO FADED AWAY FROM US TODAY

337 days ago
Best way to sum this up: "She's a dumb trick and he's fat faaggot"

337 days ago

Wrong. Now's the time to do the opposite: have opinions and not care. fck you

Hi, I'm Chris Hansen

Jim Hesketh is better.

337 days ago
Don't worry Karebare! we forgive u!

337 days ago
Now's the time for girls and women worldwide to realize that when you befriend a touring musician, you are just one in a long time of females being played out. Have enough respect for yourself before expecting others to have any respect for you.

337 days ago
Eddie Hermida here. I still have her nudes saved. I win.

Eddie be TRUE ALPHA

337 days ago
So, those other four weirdos from Suicide Silence are about to become Wovenwar?

337 days ago
should've recruited ricky hoover in the first place.

OLD NEWS.

how long has this been going on, all these people want to come out of the woodworks with their witch hunts. Sad part is a lot of these cases are just seeking attention, its embarrassing to be people who were LITERALLY SEXUAL HARRASSED. Don't be mad because some band dude you consented to fcking to live out your wild fantasies / daddy issues kicked you to the curb

336 days ago
*to the* people who were sexually harassed.

that sounded really bad whoops, haha, edit.

336 days ago
But didn't she sexually harass him if she was sending da noodz
"OMG he showed his shitty core band my flapjack breasts, he harassed me!"

Fake news

336 days ago
I can't wait for a Smash face tour.

336 days ago
Don't really see how he "harassed" her?

336 days ago
i told you bee-four me amigos, I slept with her but "her-ass-meant" nothing to me...

336 days ago
Sam Hyde killed all those people but he never got accused of being a (((pedophile))) YFM bro also inb4 ( ( ( S I N G L E M O T H E R S ) ) )

336 days ago
Using your status to groom an underage fan is wrong. It's a shame so many people on here can't grasp that.

336 days ago
Eddie is actually slightly more dyslexic than Mitch was so he deffo didn't write this.

336 days ago
led zeppelins career was fine, I'm sure eddies will be too lol.

336 days ago
Dude, she was not underage in her country. The ago of consent is 16 in most of Europe. Stupid, yes, illegal, no. I dont even like this dude, but who can blame a dude in a band for trying to get tight pssy and fck this bitch before she hits 21 and ruins her pus with a parade of dicks lol i see nothing more than a hurt jelly girl who didnt get her way and is now saying shit to get attention. What other bands throughout the game didn't fck young girls???

336 days ago
Suicide Silence parts way with Eddie Hermida, currently searching for a new vocalist for the remainder of The Cleansing 10th year tour.

334 days ago
He 'waited' until she turned '18'?
You still were attracted to a fcking kid dude.
You literally sat and waited for the time to hit on her.
This is such a joke of a statement, and totally patronizing to anyone with an IQ over...40.

333 days ago
Not one jerk commenting on this website, playing in any band ever listed on this website or fan who's gone to see them has a single honorable word to say about this situation. ALL OF YOU HAVE PARTAKEN IN THIS EXACT SAME BEHAVIOR. ALL.

332 days ago
Nice try pedophile piece of shit. Way to shit all over Mitch's legacy fcking scumbag

332 days ago
To the guy saying "all of you have partaken in this behavior" fck YOU not everyone is a pedophile piece of shit you low life fcking scumbag