Phil Anselmo announces En Minor album

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 9:58 AM PT

Phil Anselmo

Vocalist Phil Anselmo (Pantera, Down, Superjoint, Scour, etc.) has announced the forthcoming debut record from his En Minor project. The band's debut will be released in early 2018 through Anselmo's Housecore Records.

During a recent interview through Jimmy Cabbs' "5150" series, Anselmo described En Minor as influenced by, among others, 80s alternative/goth rock bands like The Sisters of Mercy and The Cure:

"I have a record coming out that's been finished for two years almost now, of course — just like every other fucking record. It's with a band called En Minor. And I guess it would be my, 'Hello, great dark eighties of Sisters of Mercy, of The Cure 'Seventeen Seconds' record and 'Faith' album.' Early The Cure. Early U2. Nick Cave and the fucking Bad Seeds or The Birthday Party. David Bowie... I take all these influences and then somehow we came out with results.

"It is what it is. I'll let the people decide at the end of the day. And we'll see. But, once again, I'm not shootin' for radio time here; I'm just trying to broaden my horizons, write some harkening songs. But I think they have their own life, honestly. It's retro only to a certain degree, I think, within me, because I know where it's coming from. But I guess when a listener hears it these days, most people react… I hear the word 'cinematic' a lot, and I hear, 'This is the best record you've done in thirty years,' or some shit like that, something like that."

10/4/2017 10:39:47 AM
Hmmm, interesting. I love all of those post punk bands.

10/4/2017 10:49:00 AM
"En Minority"
its about how much he hates black people , and gays

10/4/2017 11:05:23 AM
White power

10/4/2017 11:28:52 AM
Its time to stop.

10/4/2017 12:51:28 PM
LOL, this is going to be a Skrewdriver rip off band. Sounds exactly the same from the description. Can't get any more washed up racist than that.

10/4/2017 1:47:22 PM
About time there was some white power post-punk

10/4/2017 2:40:20 PM
Does he still seig heil at shows? Idiot.

I bet he still thinks he did nothing wrong when he did that.

10/4/2017 3:49:08 PM
Total jerk keeps shitting everywhere and expects us to eat it. fck you.

10/4/2017 5:58:32 PM
Into the description, but too bad his voice is totally shot and couldn't pull something like this off at this point. Dude needs to stop with the new band every year shit. It looks desperate and pathetic.

10/4/2017 6:22:41 PM
Sponsored by 10 dollar white while zinfidel infidels.
I love WHITE WINE
I love WHITE WINE

10/5/2017 1:15:20 AM
MOOOOOOM, HES BACK AGAIN!!!!!!

10/6/2017 9:41:59 PM
Love this guy

10/7/2017 8:37:50 AM
Hate this guy

10/8/2017 7:25:32 PM
Lol

10/10/2017 2:45:57 AM
JAHARZI IS STOKED

10/22/2017 11:16:14 AM
Certainly not music for jigaboos or cucks like the ones who frequent this site