Lamb Of God expects to use more clean vocals in the future

Sunday, August 20, 2017 9:18 AM PT

Lamb of God

Lamb Of God fans disappointed with the incorporation of "clean vocals" on the band's latest release, 2016's The Duke EP, will not be pleased to learn that frontman Randy Blythe's use of cleans just might be here to stay.

In a new interview with The Salt Lake Tribune, Lamb Of God bassist John Campbell discussed the title track of the aforementioned EP, which was Blythe's first use of clean vocals with LoG.

"They played ['The Duke'] back for me and said, 'Hey, I just wanna tell you something — Randy's singing on this.' And my heart dropped — I've heard him singing on the bus, just goofing off, and it's not good! But obviously, that's just him joking around. So my heart sank, I was a little nervous, and then the track came on and I was completely blown away. He completely nailed it and effectively used that in his palette for doing vocals."

Campbell was then asked if Blythe will do more singing in the future, to which he responded:

"There is no telling, but I would imagine, yes, probably. I think some people still have a hard time with [it]. But we're always trying to evolve and come up with new ways to present heavy music. Not that it gets boring, but, you know, we don't want to go out there and play the same songs every night, or play the same set and have every song be exactly the same. It's nice to have some different emotions, some different dynamics to the set."

Don't expect to hear new music from Lamb Of God any time soon, however, as writing for their next release has yet to begin, and the band will be taking a substantial break following their current tour cycle.

8/20/2017 9:23:54 AM
ffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttt ttt

8/20/2017 9:43:04 AM
well they have een hanging around code orange

8/20/2017 9:57:09 AM
who cares. shit ozzfest band with sister fcking fans.

8/20/2017 10:05:21 AM
This can't be any worse than when Carley Coma did it. Just look at how well it worked out for Candiria.

/s

8/20/2017 10:24:45 AM
LAMB OF GOD EXPECTS TO USE MORE CLEAN VOCALS IN THE FUTURE= LAMB OF GOD EXPECTS TO SELL MUCH FEWER ALBUMS IN THE FUTURE

8/20/2017 10:43:26 AM
Whatever they do, it'll be better than CODE ORANGE.

8/20/2017 11:23:37 AM
last time i hung out with randy a few weeks ago he was getting big into mid 90s tooth and nail bands and sub pop records bands. not surprised he said this after seeing him weep to Pedro The Lion "diamond ring". prolly on shrooms or some shit but damn

8/20/2017 11:53:52 AM
Bad idea, look at in Flames.

These vocalists want to step up and act like a real singer but they don't have any talent. You shouldn't be singing in a band if it took 20 years to make yourself sound passable. You will be the weakest link.

8/20/2017 12:19:51 PM
these guys used to be one of the best american metal bands, probably still are but new stuff is awful, sounds like it will continue to be.

8/20/2017 12:51:51 PM
No care ever after first album.
First album is fcking great though

8/20/2017 12:59:56 PM
Not that I've given a shit about anything they've done in the past 10 years (besides ATPB remaster), but I damn sure won't be paying attention anymore. RIP

8/20/2017 2:35:28 PM
New American Gospel or GTFO. Subtle Art of Murder and Persuassion hits so hard. Actually that song is all you need.

8/20/2017 2:56:47 PM
people that fart in their own mouths are stoked

8/20/2017 3:02:34 PM
Says the 'Redneck' singer and recent murder defendant, "Nosek who??"

8/20/2017 3:18:56 PM
Ashes of the Wake was their last good album. This band is ass

8/20/2017 3:32:13 PM
Sons of Texas wannabes

8/20/2017 3:48:07 PM
The kid randy killed did not die for this

8/20/2017 3:58:17 PM
Lambgay = new.name sponsored by lambgayt.com

8/20/2017 5:20:41 PM
Randy Gaylord opens up (literally opens his jerk up) for REVOLVING MAGZINE about his upcoming album and his LGBT transgender lifestyle! "Well it was back before I beat my murder case, back then the only thing I beat was my daddys' meat! 'Sucky ducky sucky ducky' I would croon with their nuts planted firmly in my face and as they finished on my pink dress, I would check my lipstick and call the next one in!" New album in stores now

8/20/2017 5:34:26 PM
Metal bands of the world, please take note:

Your fans DO want you to play the same songs and the same sets show after show, month after month, year after year. We are the most fickle of fans and will complain if you deviate from your initial formula.

8/20/2017 6:09:03 PM
I'm much more worried about what the music is going to sound like than a little clean singing. The two after Sacrament were not very good. Sturm or whatever was pretty decent but they're still far from their glory days.

8/20/2017 6:20:14 PM
It's called singing. Not "clean vocals".

8/20/2017 6:39:51 PM
It's called singing. Not "clean vocals". <---- god damn it junior, get the fck off of the internet & clean your goddamned Room!!!!!

8/20/2017 9:03:28 PM
Re: metal fans wanting the same thing. Damn right. If you're going to change formula after years of establishing a specific sound, change the name; you are not the same band. If you start a band where every album sounds different, I get it. But "evolving" after a decade of a similar sound is a cop out of the most pssy proportion and you deserve to lose every fan that doesn't buy into it. Eat a dick.

8/20/2017 10:34:21 PM
tee hee

8/21/2017 5:25:07 AM
Maybe all the fans and critics of the world should start their own bands, and the skilled musicians who play in bands can swap roles with them. Sick of people who can't do anything musical dictating and bitching what bands they like MUST or CAN'T do.

8/21/2017 6:18:22 AM
Every band should just stop after the third or fourth album with a few exceptions. Hardcore bands can probably stop after the second.
1st album - disjointed compositions, poor production
2nd album - finding their sound, better production
3rd album - good
4th album - good follow up, but marks creative plateau.

8/21/2017 10:58:04 AM
lol at the fcking clown attemping to casually mention they hung out with him like anyone cares

8/21/2017 7:00:31 PM
Does the dude not even listen to his own band or something because I'm pretty sure whatever that shit EP was supposed to be was not actually the first time LoG used cleans