Behemoth recruits ex-Job For A Cowboy drummer for tour

Saturday, July 08, 2017 10:48 AM PT

Behemoth has revealed that drummer Inferno will not be joining the band for their upcoming North America tour with Slayer and Lamb Of God. Former Job For A Cowboy drummer Jon Rice will take his place.

Behemoth has issued the following statement:

We must announce that our drummer, Inferno will not be taking part in the upcoming Slayer tour with Lamb of God:

"I am going to be a father for the second time in my life and it's going to happen in July of 2017. I therefore must apologize to all our fans for not being able to participate in the 2017 Summer, North American tour. I believe that Jon Rice, an amazing drummer, a truly experienced musician, and a good friend of ours, will flawlessly take over my drum throne for this short period and will set the stage on fire!" - Inferno

As much of a disappointment it is not to have our brother with us, we completely support Inferno in this amazing chapter of his life. Rest assured, we're still bringing one HELL of a show with us and look forward to seeing our North American, Legions in full force!

7/8/2017 10:55:51 AM
Seeing this tour in Denver next month. Last time I saw Behemoth the drums really stood out. Hopefully all is well. Fight me, Ill be by the beer booth.

7/8/2017 11:26:45 AM
Charn is a great drummer but a huge douche

7/8/2017 1:52:20 PM
it'll be good. dude's a solid drummer.

7/8/2017 2:03:20 PM

7/8/2017 2:56:02 PM
Baby Charn, I miss you. I'M TELLING YOU!

7/8/2017 3:06:38 PM
^
looking forward to the new guy personally if he stays on for the next release could help propel them up the charts to #49

7/8/2017 3:22:54 PM
inferno is good, jon rice is good, but charmander (czech dude) hits harder than all of them, wish he was on this

7/8/2017 3:27:27 PM
My cousin (Poland native) has been to some of these guys rehearsals. Artists don't owe fans a goddamn thing when it comes to their artistic decisions. They aren't betraying anyone by changing their sound, which is EXACTLY what these guys have done. Talk about minimalist post hardcore done right. Shane is now using his screams only as punctuation and combined with the electronic influence, it gives the new tracks a very dreamy, ethereal feeling. Trust.

7/8/2017 3:51:38 PM
Didn't Saturn eat his kids as depicted in that famous painting which is based off true evidence and so for that reason I am out.

7/8/2017 3:54:09 PM
for real, on that youtube rehearsal clip they were hittin that shoe gaze hard, but I would not call it post hardcore, it's post black similar to the cascadian alt-right shit coming out of oregon

7/8/2017 3:56:59 PM
^knows his shit

7/8/2017 3:57:17 PM
Behemoth/JFAC both wimpy nerd shit want good lifting music you will need the new Decapitated it's daddy af I went to the record release I met my wife in the pit she stood out from the rest she was wearing a hijab and a burka whilst reciting the Quran happily married 12 days in I am proudly a noncuckolded white male btw

7/8/2017 5:00:53 PM
So is ivanka into guys that like behemoth or guys into decapitated?

7/8/2017 6:45:20 PM
Heard Entombment of a Machine cover is being played on the tour

7/8/2017 11:01:43 PM
Get ready for a fck ton of missed china hits. Idiot couldn't even hack it in a 2006 myspace hype band. Hard pass

7/9/2017 1:11:14 AM
^ That's your burn? MySpace? Looks like your skills also didn't get better in 11 years

7/9/2017 7:35:40 AM
Listen to the SoundCloud clip they posted, missed three china hits at 0:28

7/9/2017 9:52:27 AM
Ineedmoregaydick setting the record straight and defending his xX top friend Xx

7/9/2017 9:53:46 AM
Jon Rice is stoked

7/9/2017 1:50:42 PM
Miss JFAC

7/9/2017 5:20:42 PM
Elaborate on groups in Oregon producing "post-black alt-right shit" please.

7/9/2017 11:39:27 PM
Wee wee bar bar

7/10/2017 8:07:14 AM
grown men who go by the name Inferno are not stoked.

7/10/2017 7:01:27 PM
^^ YA MOMM GAVE ME A GOOD INFERNO DOWN IN THE GROIN REGION BITCH JUICEBOX

7/11/2017 12:01:38 PM
"Jon Rice is good, he earned the World's Fastest Drummer title at the 2006 summer NAMM show in Austin, Texas last year"

Is this 2007?

7/11/2017 4:21:17 PM
^ yes + 10 years but - 10 years due to relevant commenting by the comment you are questioning.