Code Orange fan with broken jaw, brain bleeding speaks out

Sunday, January 29, 2017 7:42 AM PT

On January 21, Emily Hoffman suffered a broken jaw and brain bleeding after being kicked in the head during a Code Orange show in Salt Lake City, UT. According to Hoffman, she was kicked in the face by someone wearing steel toe boots. She subsequently spent six days in the ICU and remains on a liquid diet (her jaw is wired shut). Yesterday, Hoffman took to Facebook to express her dismay with anyone who attends a show with the intention of injuring others. Here's what she had to say (Hoffman's Facebook post has been shared several thousands times during the past 24 hours):

"I went to the Code Orange show this last weekend at Kilby Court and I left with the worst merch ever. Some guy was there who decided to wear steel toe boots. He round house kicked me in the face. He hit my jaw so hard that it moved the entire thing to one side breaking it in two places on each side. My right side of my jaw was no longer connected to my skull or muscle, it was still in my face because of my skin. I know can give TSA hell every time I go to the airport with the two nose rings and 4 metal plates in my jaw.

"My jaw has been restructured and my brain has stopped bleeding, I'm feeling better but my face still hurts so much. I stayed in the trauma ICU for 6 days, my jaw is wired shut I can't speak and I have lost 9 pounds in 7 days because I can't have anything but liquids.

"I had a hard time figuring out what the worst part was about my situation for a bit. Between the medication that is being pumped into me all day everyday. Getting my jaw shattered, having to get reconstructive plates put in, being confined to a bed for the next few weeks. There are many more I could list. I finally figured it out. When you go to a show where there will be moshing and you wear steel toe boots, your intentions are to hurt someone. when you swing kick your feet in your steel boots you're trying to hurt someone. When you hit someone in the face then you see her unconscious and you run off to not get caught. You're something else, I really don't have the words for what you are.

"In case you see this, I'm the girl from the show at Kilby court 1/21/17. This is what my face and smile used to look like. This is what you did. Hope you don't glance past this post like you did with me."

For their part, Code Orange did briefly address the matter from the stage. Additionally, Code Orange said via Twitter this morning that they've made contact with Hoffman and "want to support" her. See below.

UPDATE: A GoFundMe campaign has been launched to help with Hoffman's medical bills and recovery.

1/29/2017 8:00:16 AM
I wear steel toed boots to most shows I go to. Especially packed clubs. I do it to protect my toes....

1/29/2017 8:06:38 AM

1/29/2017 8:10:56 AM
"Let this be a lesson for anyone considering supporting this shitty band. Every panic cord in the world isn't worth a broken jaw"

Getting hurt like this has virtually nothing to do with the band, dumbass. How could this be a "lesson"?

1/29/2017 8:17:44 AM
Lesson learned. Don't go see awful garbage bands like code orange.

1/29/2017 8:26:04 AM
Sounds like she learned her lesson

1/29/2017 8:33:06 AM
Lessons. Learned.

1/29/2017 8:53:16 AM
Thankfully those boots didn't mess up her terrible haircut.

1/29/2017 8:57:41 AM
Lol @ the girls face to the right of the guy in glasses

1/29/2017 9:16:47 AM
The band had nothing to do with the girl getting hurt and they spoke out against it and are supporting the girl tho...?

1/29/2017 9:23:31 AM
Face to the right with glasses, would kiss. If you are reading the comments girl, know that you're beautiful and you are still going to look great when you recover. You're strong for speaking on the issue. Don't let that knuckle stagger get the best of you

1/29/2017 9:25:29 AM

1/29/2017 9:28:08 AM
Swing kick in steel toed boots? How is this even possible?

1/29/2017 9:33:29 AM
Every member of code orange looks like they eat their boogers

1/29/2017 9:45:53 AM
Someone just wanted to be a thinner of the herd

1/29/2017 9:46:56 AM
LESSONS LEARNED?? LESSONS LEARNED.

1/29/2017 9:48:24 AM
"When you can't write music for shit, this is the only way to PROMOTE your band to the top."

THIS JUST IN!! 25k of the 125k associated with RR's signing bonuses used to kick this bitch in the face!

1/29/2017 9:49:00 AM
BREAKING STORY!!!!!

Even with the scandals, band cant sell 4k copies in first week. fck!!!

1/29/2017 9:49:53 AM
No cl*t in the pit

1/29/2017 9:50:50 AM
people who randomly punch/kick at shows are doody-eating neanderthals. true story.

1/29/2017 10:36:09 AM
I hope they find this dude and publicly rip out his intestines and then let everyone piss on him. And if he's Mormon, I hope they shit on his face too.

1/29/2017 11:03:25 AM
fckin Mormons, man

1/29/2017 11:11:32 AM
Maybe next time she won't listen to the shittiest music possible or get a dyke haircut. People who go to code orange shows voted for trump and support incest.

1/29/2017 11:24:38 AM
Dude fck this dumb bitch, I don't feel sorry for her at all. She should be trying to crowd kill if she didn't want to get fcked up.

1/29/2017 11:34:27 AM
Hardcore and Metal are no place for chicks. Hopefully this scare wakes her up. Grow your hair, wear a dress, be grateful that you can still smile and commit yourself to a man/family! Let yourself be happy!!!

1/29/2017 11:51:01 AM
Johnathan "Jason" whittle from Vatican here . You are welcome at our shows with open arms I hope you get better punch a nazi in the face,not a fan eYAhhhhhhYOW lets go!

1/29/2017 11:57:04 AM
code orange is absolute shit music. And they incite violence at every show when they're hygiene deprived drummer/vocalist calls for it in his tough guy voice before yet another absolutely fcking cheesy breakdown.

1/29/2017 11:58:10 AM
Make a whole novel about it you fcking pssy

1/29/2017 12:12:55 PM

1/29/2017 12:15:08 PM
maybe now gays, transgendered and men-acting lesbian SJW bitches who wear Naysayer shirts at weekend pop punk clubs will learn to steer away from trying so hard join that trendy tough guy hXc tirade. you dumb fcking wealthy privileged fakes

1/29/2017 12:19:41 PM
> rants and raves harder than anyone else about Utah hardcore, who and what is real/isn't
> goes to a show with full passion on social media
> uses her leverage as a woman to cry like a dumbass incompetent bitch after being stupid enough to get hit

10/10 would read again

1/29/2017 12:28:15 PM
everyone in this comment thread is an ugly pssy

1/29/2017 12:45:06 PM
All Jon Mackey wanted was a Pepsi..

1/29/2017 1:10:41 PM

^ Is probably 17 years old and being a tryhard or 37 years old and still lives with his parents.

1/29/2017 1:25:51 PM
Jamee here from code orange kids.... were doing EVERRYTHING in our power to make sure this situation gets taken care of... rebus and i have been in contact with the promoter and they pretty sure to know who did this crime.. be on the lookout.. don't snitch but cmon..

update on haircut - she did in fact have the haircut before the incident more info soon

1/29/2017 1:36:40 PM
This stupid bitch don't even go to UTHC shows.

1/29/2017 2:05:38 PM
https://www.gofundme.com/3 b5g5ew

1/29/2017 2:58:00 PM
I HOPE THIS fckING BITCH DIES.

1/29/2017 3:08:15 PM
I think i saw a video of it happen on the fsu Boston beatdown video

1/29/2017 3:15:59 PM
She look cute in that before pic. After pic is just plain hot.

1/29/2017 3:28:11 PM
Next time don't stand by the pit biiiiiiitch jajajajajajajaja

1/29/2017 4:41:42 PM
"It's real now, motherfckers!!!"

1/29/2017 4:55:20 PM
I know its pretty risky but I guess I'll post. My mouth is in permanent favor position and I'm soo pissed :( I'm a femminist more than evaarr! Grrr!!! Guys it's Emily Jane. I have no Idea what I was doing at a Code Orange show when my fav bandz r Kings of Leon and DNCE. Next show I'm dressin up as a big old vag and I'm going 2 swallow Mr. Steeltoes. Oh and I'll be okay cos I'm losing weight and soon my glorious jugg's will be history !! Trabsformation Complete !!! Luv u all Emily Jane

1/29/2017 5:44:31 PM
A venue in philly that does hardcore shows and is a "safe space" makes attendees put there shows/boots in cubbies and put on these slippers things so this sort of thing doesn't happen

1/29/2017 5:44:59 PM
Must be a glasjaw fan

1/29/2017 6:04:20 PM
This stupid bitch don't even go to UTHC shows.

CUTE. 16 yr old mormon kids still trying to impress. Theyll all be on their missions by the next wave of shit music, fck you.

1/29/2017 6:05:44 PM
I would rather send out band publicity photos.

1/29/2017 7:33:26 PM
Must be a glasjaw fan

^^ Hiyo, fruit

1/29/2017 7:58:48 PM
In the 90's feminist dykes thought they were being revolutionary by being "xgirlsupfrontx" at hardcore shows. When they get injured because they are delicate, they have gofundmes for their pit injuries. Stop the fcking "equality" fa.ggotry. Hardcore is violent. There should not be a dress code. fck you. Stay at shitty pop punk shows. No sympathy for this garbage.

1/29/2017 8:08:02 PM
"No one should ever leave a show in this condition, no matter what kind of music you are going to support. Have fun out there but please, not in such an inconsiderate and violent way. Please be mindful"

1/29/2017 8:38:17 PM
We intentionally make music for people to go crazy to. When something crazy actually happens, we act as if this is a problem. We have to act like we "care" and we'll "support" her. The truth is that we don't care, we're just stoked we're selling a ton of merch and getting fcking paid on this tour. If we really cared we would donate a percentage of our earnings to help this girl but there's no way that's fcking happening.

-Jami

1/29/2017 8:39:45 PM
IT'S REAL NOW, MOTHERfckERS.
-JAMI

I AM KING
FOREVER
I RUN CODE ORANGE
I WANT TO HURT YOU MENTALLY

1/29/2017 9:24:01 PM
T.O.T.H.

1/29/2017 9:34:35 PM
Dumb bitch got a free face-lift and became 300 times hotter and still I wouldn't bang

1/29/2017 9:43:55 PM
Five comments, so far, critical of her appearance. I think it is sad that we are so judgemental. Emily strikes me as a very intelligent and talented woman. I think she looks great.

1/29/2017 10:09:29 PM
Her boyfriend looks like a retard.

1/29/2017 10:39:45 PM
Anyone notice Frankie Palmeri donated $50 bucks on the go fund me?

1/29/2017 11:24:40 PM
I bet right before she got kicked, Code Orange's downs syndrome drummer told everyone to "be negative".

1/30/2017 1:46:03 AM
Being it's slc, there's a good chance she got targeted for being a girl. Unfortunately that's a really common thing here. There's a few dipshits that come to mind in doing this and acting like an idiot constantly and very commonly wearing boots. Ryan, Anthony, Braydon. Unfortunately wasn't at the show to be a real "snitch"

-cb

1/30/2017 1:50:03 AM
Yo it's Bryan Anthony CYC from DROWNING

YOU P SLURS GET HIT IN THE DYKE PIT AND CRY ONLINE WHEN YA BILLS GOTTA STACK. You ain't from chiraq you got money. Fix your head. Fix your face. Fix your brain. Listen to REAL beat down and support a REAL scene.
325cyc325 gayts go bearz

1/30/2017 1:57:45 AM
lmao a lil late to this SAUSAGE FEST- but i do my best to stay with tha times! needless to say twter blowin mine brown jerk up so it time to throw mine hat in ur rings! xD srj tmkn-sod fame. it ture den mlkn and SHAVO, the boys, beat up a fan at the corn oj concert and well the press is havin a field day! sod fame members in jail for assult well u can imagine how TMZ is spinnin the story! anway, back in hm..96! xD same story diff time LOL well anway, this wil blow over in hm a WEEK! xD lmao

1/30/2017 2:21:42 AM
is the police out searching that dumb jerk?

1/30/2017 3:19:10 AM
Hey guys, code orange sucks. Vocalist sounds like he chokes on dck. The girl in the band (usually shirtless on bass) looks like a goon when she throws a tantrum on stage. The other guys playing guitar are actually okay, but the one that looks like a dude is kinda gross

1/30/2017 5:59:29 AM
code toilet

1/30/2017 7:14:30 AM
Lmaooooooo ^^^

1/30/2017 7:21:07 AM
This wouldn't be news if it was a guy right? I mean, only if the band beat the shit out of him.

1/30/2017 7:44:23 AM
"He round house kicked me in the face" Wearing steel toe boots, Must have strong legs.

1/30/2017 7:48:43 AM
"Ive seen plenty of people knocked the fck out, I've seen blood countless times, broken limbs, you name it. I wasn't even part of a violent scene. People like this would not survive 90's NY, NJ, or Boston shows. Hardcore for hardcore."

Strange thing is, some of those shows noone was safe anywhere. You could hide in the bathroom of The Rat in boston but then you have a chance of getting aids.

1/30/2017 8:07:07 AM
"anonymous20 hours ago
Maybe next time she won't listen to the shittiest music possible or get a dyke haircut. People who go to code orange shows voted for trump and support incest"

^lol nah i voted hard as fck for trump and do not support this shit band.

1/30/2017 8:37:12 AM
I'd still knock her down.

1/30/2017 8:44:38 AM
Karebear here, for once it wasn't me.

1/30/2017 8:52:57 AM
how bout some more code orange stories

1/30/2017 8:59:58 AM
I wonder if Shawn Michaels was the culprit

1/30/2017 9:13:56 AM
Why are Mormons at a Norma Jean show?

1/30/2017 9:36:00 AM
It's fcked up, I have been going to shows for 20 yrs and you don't see damage like this to someone, especially to a girl. I think the Go Fund me page is good and although Code Orange have become another "DUN DUN, BREE BREE" band, it is cool that they are speaking out.

1/30/2017 11:38:30 AM

1/30/2017 12:35:21 PM
Wah Wah Wah.

How about all of the people that have been hospitalized and actually disabled permanently from groups like FSU back in the early to mid 2000's?
What...because they were men they get no sympathy?

Yet we feel sympathy for some dumb broad who thought she was hot shit, standing at the edge of a "pit"?

But really, I'm sure the dude didn't INTEND to do that to you, so of course he's going to peace out. Idiot.

1/30/2017 12:55:42 PM
anonymous1 hour ago

You must be new to the internet.

1/30/2017 1:14:07 PM
Late post but bands wrote mosh parts to get people to move rather it be headbanging, circle pits, push pits, dancing, skanking, two stepping or whatever. That's the point of it. There's literally riffs that make me wanna drive a TNT truck through a nursery. Music is fcking powerful

1/30/2017 2:09:29 PM
I don't know what's funnier, her thinking the merch was shitty, buying it anyways
and then saying "I left with shitty merch" or complaining about steel toed boots when it's Winter in Utah. AHAHAHAHAHAHA

1/30/2017 2:49:17 PM
Everything about Code Orange seems like a SouthPark episode about the Columbine Shooters

1/30/2017 2:54:46 PM
You people commenting are a disgrace to the human race. She obviously wasn't trying to get kicked and people who crowd kill? Grow the fck up you imbeciles. Music is supposed to be enjoyed, why the fck has it been turned into a "who can be a bigger dickhead" contest. News flash, you all have baby dicks so get over the competition.

1/30/2017 2:56:39 PM
The fck that roundhouse kicked her deserves to be roundhouse kicked in his ugly mug. Pay attention to your fcking surroundings before you act like a fcking hooligan. The hardcore scene is full of fake ass people anyways, maybe she will start liking some real music from here on.

1/30/2017 2:58:18 PM
Johnathan "Jason" whittle from Vatican will kill whoever this was

1/30/2017 3:21:05 PM
Sure wish these libtard pussies in most of these bands would quit spamming ACLU donation links and would be spreading some fcking awareness to this situation, that actually DOES effect people in our community. fcking idiots, this is disgusting.

1/30/2017 5:13:15 PM
"lol at all these basement dwelling keyboard warriors shit talking CO and this chick."

Mom's basement, how original. I have my own apartment and clean sheet 2016 audi Q7. Yourself?

1/30/2017 9:06:04 PM
fck Andrew orozco!

1/31/2017 5:48:46 AM
Don't want to get hit, don't stand in the front. Cry when you do. You're nothing but a c*nt.

1/31/2017 6:03:26 AM
She didn't get kicked on purpose not was it steel toed shoes. Good thing she didn't grow up with hardcore in the 80s or 90s when everyone wore steel toes. Find the guys who did it? This doesn't make sense at all. She was dancing at a show and got moshed on. Injuries happen at shows. Stay the fck home or at the very least in the back of you don't want to run risk of getting hurt.<--- put down your Revelation Records "All Ages" book,

1/31/2017 6:10:08 AM
I'd be willing to bet you were not even around that early to be at a hardcore show....

1/31/2017 6:34:46 AM
when you least expect it... Jeff Goldblum

1/31/2017 8:40:21 AM
This little d I k e feminist lookin hoe deserves it. I bet she doesn't shave her arm pits. Good thing this Vegan farts no more. #nocl*tinthepit

Saying you actually care about this is like saying you actually would prefer as woman president over trump. If this was a dude everyone would be calling him a pssy and to toughen up. Equal rights. pssy

1/31/2017 11:06:04 AM
maybe Code Orange should spend less time supporting rapist Justin Ogden(their merch guy who looks like a thumb) while they're at it.

1/31/2017 11:09:42 AM
She left with shitty merch cause Justin Ogden didn't think she was under 18, so he didn't wanna fck her. JUSTIN, How's fcking children going for ya?

1/31/2017 11:26:05 AM
Standing close to the pit, your intentions are to get hurt. Dummy

1/31/2017 12:57:52 PM
It was Jonathan Blake. He broke edge a while back and went to slc to dry out.

1/31/2017 11:42:20 PM
Should have stayed in the kitchen making dinner for your husband you dumb bitch

2/1/2017 12:39:36 AM
What bothers me the most above all these other comments I just read is that crackwhore obviously went to a show to be a slut and get noticed by men. Then when she gets the sort of interaction she didn't expect but yet is normal and happens often, she wails out for more attention on the net like a lil bitch. If you can't take the heat then stay the fck out of the kitchen. Or stay in a real one like the femmetard bitch ass hoe you are

2/1/2017 12:41:11 AM
At least this ended up not in a shooting and a casualty in UT last year

2/1/2017 11:30:57 AM
Richard Spencer did nothing wrong.

2/1/2017 11:48:40 AM
They should make a gofund me for Ogdens abuse victims.

2/1/2017 9:42:47 PM
Surely she must have offended kek