Converge to record new album

Sunday, January 01, 2017 3:22 PM PT

Converge will soon enter the studio to begin recording a new album, their first since 2012's All We Love We Leave Behind. The news comes via a 2016 wrap-up from drummer Ben Koller (see below), who says that Converge will commence tracking in the spring (presumably with Kurt Ballou).

"Fuck 2016 but can't really complain. Just finished recording albums with All Piges Must Die, Mutoid Man and The Armed, the new Converge album will start tracking in the Spring, and there's whispers in the dark of a new Killer Be Killed album. Played a ton of shows all over the world with 3 bands that I fuckin love, did some electronic drum tracking with Room Sound, made some crazy videos with Mrs. Woman and got some Koller cam POV drum footage into the new Jim Jarmusch doc about the Stooges. 2017 is already gearing up to be more productive than ever. See you guys out in the wild world."

1/1/2017 3:29:28 PM
Everyone who comments on LambGoat is a retard, except me

1/1/2017 3:46:32 PM
horrible band

1/1/2017 4:17:38 PM
Who?

1/1/2017 5:18:30 PM
the past couple years kurt has really seemed like a wanker

1/1/2017 5:59:44 PM
Wait, so you DO wanna party? With us...?

1/1/2017 6:03:40 PM
hope this sounds like nails

1/1/2017 8:11:25 PM
The new record will sound like the last record.

1/1/2017 10:22:25 PM
Lamb goat commenters here to shit on one the most respected bands in the genre because they think anonymously dissing something virtually everyone likes makes them cool. I hope they enjoy making taquitos in their mom's basements while Converge records another masterpiece.

SOUPS ON YOU BROKEDICK ASSWHIPES. I GOT ALL THE fckING MONEY. I GOT CLAM CHOWDER, I GOT CREAM OF ONION, I GOT IT ALL YOU fckING IDIOTS.

Can't wait to hear the album!

1/1/2017 10:46:16 PM
I'm honestly not hype. Their bound to "progress" into territory that sounds awful, and they've been getting a little redundant, cliche, and boring.

1/1/2017 10:47:03 PM
*they're

1/2/2017 12:01:26 AM
yeah its the "new converge album" phase of the converge inc fiscal calendar

1/2/2017 7:41:03 AM
can't wait to see all the loyal fan boys cream their pants over the inevitable noise-turd that will be the new Converge album. Sitting around stroking their beards trying to convince themselves what they're hearing is a masterpiece when really, its just audible garbage.

1/2/2017 10:29:00 AM
Looking forward to several months of statements from that spectrum child "singer" about his motivation and the joy of wafting his farts.

1/2/2017 10:45:14 AM
fck Cuck Ballou

1/2/2017 11:49:32 AM
all posters above me were born in the 90s.

1/2/2017 12:46:47 PM
^old guy trying to be cool^

1/2/2017 2:25:45 PM
Fronz baby invite me to his summer blow out pool party for all the metal heros...me and srj den Mlkn of course show up in matching purple board shorts - no one at the party! It's the right address srj tmkn sings (oh hey sry its me SHAVO) 9 seconds later...buckets of chicken feather fall on us from above! Fronz baby laugh with his friends they had humiliated us to no end...this winter, I get them back but I need ur help
SHAVO

1/2/2017 2:28:32 PM
Den Mlkn here im one of the boys sod fame maybe u heard of chip SUY! Lmao it was blassin on everyone from Donald duck to the big business Macy's day parade yall! well anyway fronz baby got us good and well like SHAVO said srj is too famous to get his hands dirty but he'll be there haha in secret!
Den Mlkn

1/2/2017 2:38:55 PM
Dillinger wannabes, Stupid fruits don't have the proficiency technicality or talent

1/2/2017 2:56:29 PM

1/2/2017 3:16:03 PM
try hards with neck and hand tatts will be repping their jane doe shirts outside best buy for this when it gets released. the actual music will sound like cursed with wanky guitar parts and the vocals will be utter shite. fan boys will cream pants to no end.

1/2/2017 3:50:43 PM
^plus they "discovered" tom waits so there might be some dismal croaky acoustic parts

1/2/2017 4:34:54 PM
Jacob Bannon here, i do silk screens. Buy my limited edition silk screens.

1/2/2017 6:03:45 PM
^^ YOUR MOM WILL BUY MY SILKY JUICEBOX

1/2/2017 6:12:43 PM
jake bannon here. i didn't actually sing any actual words. i wrote some bad poetry in my diary, went into the studio and cupped the mic with tons of distortion on it. But hey, who cares because all my fan boys with act like i'm the greatest HC singer and try hards with neck tatts will continue to worship our band. oh yeah, buy my new splatter skull screen print and stay true to hardcore.

1/2/2017 6:33:01 PM
I'll never listen to Converge ever again. fck these Trump haters.

1/3/2017 8:28:31 AM
"Just do a Jane doe tour. Throw in the saddest day as an encore. Call it a day. I liked you fail me and no heroes but come on no one gaf."

1/3/2017 8:31:52 AM
The pensulum swing of haterdom on this site is so predictable, I love it.

1/3/2017 11:20:08 AM
the pendulum swung up too far when they all turned 40 and it's never coming back down.

1/3/2017 11:29:07 AM
JACOB BANNON HERE. I NEED THE MONEY, MY WIFE CONVINCED ME TO OPEN A VINTAGE STORE IN SALEM THAT FAILED. I OWE MONEY TO 378.

1/3/2017 6:34:22 PM
jake bannon here, donald duck is suing me for stealing his voice

1/4/2017 10:44:39 AM
"all posters above me were born in the 90s."

yep, sounds about right.

1/4/2017 10:51:35 PM
"i'm over 30"
you should be ashamed and suicidal then

1/6/2017 7:30:46 AM
Jacob Bannon here. I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time in your day to express yourselves. It's good to still your emotional pot and breathe in the air that stirs within each and every one of us.
My legs hurt and that's ok.
xstaytruetohxcx