BTBAM frontman signs deal with Sumerian, debuts song

Friday, September 16, 2016 10:55 AM PT

Official press release:

Sumerian Records proudly welcomes Thomas Giles, aka Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried And Me.

His new album Velcro_Kid is out on November 4, 2016. The deluxe edition (available on CD, digitally, and on vinyl coming soon) includes both the full album and instrumental versions. Exclusive pre-order bundles are now online. Listen to the debut track "Strangers in a Paranoid Mind" and get this song instantly when you pre-order on iTunes.

The music was co-produced and mixed by Navene Koperweis and additional mixing by Jamie King. This new record also features guest vocals by Devin Townsend and Jake Troth.

Tommy Rogers: "With Velcro Kid I wanted to step outside of my comfort zone and channel a part of me that I haven't explored yet. Taking a more electronic stance was a very natural evolution for me at this moment. The outcome was something I never would have imagined and I'm very excited for the world to hear what's been in my head for the last couple of years. I'm more than fortunate to have Navene work with me on this music and have some amazing collaborations on a few of the tracks. This is my next chapter, and I'm already looking forward to where my music will go in the future. As always, thanks for listening."

9/16/2016 11:00:11 AM
terrible

9/16/2016 11:02:11 AM
Hows about he worries more about making another good BTBAM album instead of mediocre solo output?

9/16/2016 11:06:22 AM
todd jones died for this

9/16/2016 11:07:57 AM
band is over - metal blade lost lots on this band and the last giles album

9/16/2016 1:40:08 PM
How many solo projects is this douchnozzle gonna queef out before everyone's had enough?

9/16/2016 2:04:03 PM
Holy shit this is bad. Why is he acting like this is anything new? He does this every few years and it's always terrible. Sad

9/16/2016 2:46:14 PM
fcking Tron soundtrack, great.

9/16/2016 2:48:41 PM
Daft Kunt

9/16/2016 5:18:59 PM
Tommy Rogers has always sucked. I don't know who encourages him to keep pursuing his stupid dream

9/16/2016 5:24:33 PM
Go centipede

9/16/2016 7:16:44 PM
A COUPLE YEARS!?!?!?!?!? if this shit was stuck in my head for more than 1 day i'd fcking eat a bullet.

9/16/2016 7:44:27 PM
Kids that listen to ICP are stoked! This post proves that if you are in a somewhat known band, you can put out complete garbage in a solo project. Seriously, this sounds like dudes in their 40's wearing overalls and facepaint playing in a shitty shack in the middle of Alabama! Still love BTBAM though.

9/16/2016 10:24:09 PM
Didn't work on Victory, didn't work on Metal Blade, so now Sumerian is gonna give it a go? Terrible

9/17/2016 6:27:21 AM
Embarrassed for him on this. It's gonna be real hard for this guy when his music career dries up and he has to get a real job.

9/17/2016 12:43:23 PM
I have a shirt from back in the day. Go Centipede. Will sell for $60 shipped :)

9/17/2016 4:22:49 PM
Tony brummel lost his shit when he put out that Giles album back when just being on victory OR being associated to a popular band could sell 30k easy. It was so bad nobody wanted to touch it. ALSO does jamie king still record in his parents basement

9/17/2016 9:09:24 PM
remember the oldschool giles track that was like "shake yore oss....shake youre ahss"

9/18/2016 9:36:25 AM
Too bad Tommy Rogers has more talent in his pinky toe than any of you idiots in here will ever have. Every kid on this site is a douchebag keyboard warrior who trashed on bands cause they are upset they never did anything significant in their lives. Tommys "Shitty" album is greater than anything you pieces of sh It will ever do. So why don't I little shitheads go back to whacking off in your mom's basement

9/18/2016 9:40:22 AM
"Tommy Rogers has always sucked" ....but what have you ever done in your life except be a piece of shIt?

9/18/2016 2:02:18 PM
"mom's basement"

9/18/2016 6:25:39 PM
anonymous8 hours ago

Not get mad at Internet opinions? But I guess that makes you better than me, kiddo

9/18/2016 6:31:43 PM
anonymous8 hours ago

Funny seeing a kid calling kids kids.

9/18/2016 6:35:40 PM
I bet you ankle-biters think hash tags help raise awareness about idiotic new-age shit without actually doing anything to help, don't you?

9/18/2016 10:48:33 PM
Good for him, even though I don't care for it much.

9/19/2016 6:36:42 AM
Too bad Tommy Rogers has more talent in his pinky toe than any of you idiots in here will ever have. Every kid on this site is a douchebag keyboard warrior who trashed on bands cause they are upset they never did anything significant in their lives. Tommys "Shitty" album <--- Tommy comes to his own Aid as an anonymous keyboard warrior-don't get too upset Tommy, you'll spring a finger then how are you going to play your "Casio keyboard?"

9/19/2016 6:15:55 PM
Talent does not equal writing good music, you neckbeard.

9/19/2016 7:54:23 PM