Deicide frontman slams Corey Taylor and Slipknot

Monday, August 08, 2016 8:03 AM PT

During a recent interview, Deicide frontman Glen Benton made it clear that he's no fan of Corey Taylor and Slipknot. Speaking via the Talk Toomey podcast, Benton had this to say:

"Not to fucking bust balls, but I'll bust balls. Slipknot: 'Oh we're going to take you guys out man, we're going to take you guys out dude.' Yeah blow me. That's what I say to you. Fucking blow me Corey Taylor and all you fags. OK. 'Oh we're going to take Deicide out on tour with us and blah blah blah.' Blowing air up our asses, back in the day You know what, you never did a fucking thing for us. You introduced us at a show once. Great, thanks. How about a fucking tour? How about fucking helping us out a little bit? I mean we've only been doing this for several years. You guys were like 'Dude you were what got me started.' Well you know what, return the fucking favor. You know what I mean?"

Obviously, Benton is upset that Slipknot never took Deicide on tour, despite apparently citing them as an inspiration. He added:

"I'm not trying to bust balls, but when bands like Slipknot and shit, they fucking… say they're going take us out and shit… It's just one big fucking puff of air up your ass. Not that I give a fuck about opening for them, you know what I'm saying? Because I don't. I'll tell ya this about our band, we've done it our way, we'll always do it our way and the success we've achieved, we've earned every little bit of it. We don't compromise, we're not about to kiss corporate America's ass so that's why we're still underground man."

In related news, Decide will begin tracking a new album in September.

[via ThePRP]

8/8/2016 8:13:49 AM
What a f**king cry baby

8/8/2016 8:25:32 AM
BLAME IT ON GOD.

LIARRRRRR!

8/8/2016 8:25:54 AM
Next week...Slipknot announces Deicide as support. Surly frontman apologizes and begins kissing ass.

8/8/2016 8:27:14 AM
Both bands should just autoerotique asphyxiate each other and get it over with

8/8/2016 8:27:53 AM
I'll take slipknot's side on this. SlipKnot is obviously looking at it from a financial stand point and only wanting to have artists that'll boost ticket sales. Artists don't make money off of albums anymore. It's all about selling tickets and merch. So Yeah... sorry Deicide sucks and doesn't have a huge calling like other shitty bands slipknot has open (ie lamb of god). Glen is a butthurt baby boy who wants money but isn't getting it.

8/8/2016 8:29:47 AM
aren't all Deicide's tours all local openers anyway? Didn't 2 supporting acts drop off the last tour due to 10 people crowds? NO ONE CARES GLEN, NO ONE.

8/8/2016 8:33:09 AM
"have a blessed day may christ be with you" glen 'todd jones' benton

8/8/2016 8:34:16 AM
What a bitch.

8/8/2016 8:34:41 AM
"Blow me", "you gays."

Glenn Benton has the mental capacity of a 15-year-old on Xbox.

8/8/2016 8:47:03 AM
This is bad...

8/8/2016 8:47:44 AM
Nobody band tries to prove how little they give a shit about being nobodies by shit talking a band in an interview that didn't put in enough effort to make them anything less than nobodies. Rock n' roll, man.

8/8/2016 8:54:58 AM
Decide says the word "gay" and everyone is cool with it. If any other band says it, "they hate homosexuals". Which is it?

Maybe stop being a gay, LambGoat.

8/8/2016 8:55:50 AM
Gay = F@G^

8/8/2016 8:57:54 AM
"Not that I give a fck about opening for them, you know what I'm saying? Because I don't. "

Clearly you do, you old, washed up fcking loser.

8/8/2016 8:59:23 AM
This coming from the guy who has treated a lot of people in struggling bands like shit, Not on a label, not world renown and you treated them like shit cause your Glen Benton of Deicide, So poor you feeling betrayed, lol I guess now ya know and maybe the next time you wanna treat someone like shit cause your Glen Benton of Deicide youll think twice, but prolly not... cause your Glen Benton of Deicide.

8/8/2016 9:07:59 AM
this is getting so ridiculous CAITLYN JENNER IS A HERO

8/8/2016 9:11:48 AM
wahhhhhhhhhh baby want a tour!!! wahhhhh!!!

8/8/2016 9:12:45 AM
It sounds like...ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI!! ANS SHE WON'T GIVE IT TO ME!! (~_~;)

8/8/2016 9:18:52 AM
SOOOOO SALTY!

8/8/2016 9:22:20 AM
Slipknot is laughing their asses off at this broke ass loser with an upside down cross branded on his head.

8/8/2016 9:32:56 AM
Amen, fck Slipknot, I'm sick of posers like Iann Robinson trying to claim they were "death/thrash with groove" and their apologists.

And fck all you child molesters defending Slipknot. fck what's "good for business," respecting your roots means taking them out on tour even if they'll DRIVE AWAY fans.

8/8/2016 9:38:10 AM
*BEEEEEEEEEEEEELCH*

8/8/2016 9:43:11 AM
Celine Dion

8/8/2016 9:43:32 AM
taking them on tour even if they drive away fans. hahahaha. yes

8/8/2016 9:47:40 AM
I bet the clown is ambiguously talking to his plebes about this and how he's gonna make Benton eat a shit sandwich....cus eating shit sandwhichs is funny

8/8/2016 10:04:09 AM
using the term f a g in 2016 is brave and admirable. I give this one to Deicide.

8/8/2016 10:23:32 AM
glen benton is a washed up weekend warrior who hasnt been relevant since the 1990s. go write more songs about satan while secretly praying your light bill doesnt default, you insufferable idiot

8/8/2016 10:32:19 AM
Glen benton is a celine gimmick and vise versa

8/8/2016 10:48:05 AM
anonymous2 hours ago
Both bands should just autoerotique asphyxiate each other and get it over with

What's next, team solitaire? fcking dumb

8/8/2016 10:55:53 AM
All flights for Deicide tours use THREATENING SKIES as their airline.

THANK YOU FOR FLYING, THREATENING SKIIIIESSSS

8/8/2016 10:57:11 AM
was he crying while saying all of this shit?

8/8/2016 11:20:40 AM
what a dork

8/8/2016 11:35:14 AM
What a whiny little bitch. This world owes you nothing you jackass!! Boo hoo. Give your sob story to the thousands of musicians who never even have half the opportunities you get.

8/8/2016 12:26:56 PM
Saying f@g in a public forum without getting swamped with social justice bed wetters calling your band homophobic....respect.

8/8/2016 12:32:12 PM
Woah, I was unaware that The Undertaker was in a band. Should probably go back to wrestling dudes in underwear and shiny boots.

8/8/2016 1:10:50 PM
Where my maggots at?

8/8/2016 1:46:54 PM
Maggot or f@ggot

8/8/2016 2:02:04 PM
fck this fat fcking washed up loser. Slipknot doesn't owe you shit. You're responsible for yourself and the popularity of your band. Stop looking for handouts. And retire. Because nobody cares about you and your shit music. When you play in Jerome Idaho on a headlining tour after several studio albums it's time to hang it up.

8/8/2016 2:20:53 PM
I'm with Glen on this one because the only thing worse than new slipknot are new slipknot fans. Get outta here you nerds. Go post about him much metal sucks sucks.

8/8/2016 3:17:44 PM
I wanna know what Corey Taylor thinks about this??

8/8/2016 3:22:42 PM
I highly doubt this crusty washed up Geriatric Glen motherf**ker would call Mick Thomson a f@g to his face ..dude would get stomped

8/8/2016 3:23:06 PM
Celine c-ms on his own face

8/8/2016 4:15:50 PM

Something makes me think you wear sweatpants all the time and have lots of horror posters on the falls. Also assuming you push shopping carts for a living.

8/8/2016 4:18:02 PM
I'd be worried about how much money my music is making too, if I had an upside down cross branded on my head. It's pretty much death metal or bust from there on out after you get that on your forehead.

8/8/2016 4:47:53 PM
BRIAN BARR here. I'm the old guitarist from death trap/near death. WE NEED TO STOP ARGUING AND UNITE METAL TOGETHER!

8/8/2016 6:26:36 PM
your band blows if Slipknot choose talentless in white over you

8/8/2016 6:27:19 PM
Slipknot wouldn't be as successful if it weren't for Deicide, ungrateful fruits.

8/8/2016 6:43:40 PM
Deicide had nothing to do with Slipknot getting popular idiot. They got popular because they played metal with goofy Halloween masks and jumpsuits on.

8/8/2016 6:46:00 PM
Glen, dude, you're 49 years old. One would think you'd be able to organize and convey your thoughts at a level slightly higher than...this, whatever this is. You sound like some whiny jealous teenage girl, which is about the intelligence level that someone branding inverted crosses into their forehead has.

8/8/2016 6:58:15 PM
Not sure this was a "slam" in any sense.

Also, both of these bands are terrible. Who fcking cares?

8/8/2016 9:24:08 PM
fck Corey Taylor and all the other PC hipster gayS that now occupy the metal and hardcore scene. You know who you are. Always complaining about crowd killing and stage diving. Go back to your gay ass push pits.

8/8/2016 9:40:14 PM
Chaka Malik slams Corey Taylor for not letting Burn play knot fest. Quote "I can't believe he blew hot air up ass again".

8/8/2016 10:04:37 PM
Benton never killed himself. Benton never killed himself. Benton never killed himself. Benton never killed himself. Benton never killed himself. Benton never killed himself.

8/9/2016 12:06:33 AM
"We're not about to kiss corporate America's ass so that's why we're still underground man."

Lol don't kid yourself Glen, you're way too ugly to have made it in the mainstream

8/9/2016 3:15:30 AM
Fat Benton is just "Hangry"... give the slob a Snickers

8/9/2016 5:40:08 AM
i'm sure calling people gays is going to help your crossover appeal. so is being mad at someone for not doing something you say you don't care about happening while being mad about it.

8/9/2016 5:53:33 AM
Please censor the use of the word f a g. Being that I am Corey Taylor and I'm gay, this is really offensive.

The rest is fine.

8/9/2016 6:24:53 AM
so we can say 'gay' again without it being a PC nightmare?

8/9/2016 6:25:42 AM
so we can say f a g again without it being a PC nightmare?

(lol that lambgoat censors it in comments)

8/9/2016 7:56:39 AM
Ffs just make out and fck already.

8/9/2016 11:03:43 AM
Deicide took off with all of the ill-fated "Hellfest" refunds-how else do you think they still have the cash to keep recording the same Stale slab of "death metal" fight me, Lambgoat keyboard warriors.

8/9/2016 1:49:56 PM
Put him in a barrel marked 'gay' and throw him over Niagara falls...

8/9/2016 3:22:14 PM