Terror frontman Scott Vogel sidelined with injury

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:30 PM PT

Scott Vogel and Terror

Scott Vogel, vocalist of California hardcore band Terror, has missed several successive shows on "The Life & Death Tour 2016," also featuring Power Trip and Harm's Way, among others. The group has yet to address the matter, and the date of Vogel's return is unknown. Promoters are being told that Vogel has "thrown out his back." Footage of Terror performing without Vogel can be seen below.

You may recall that a year ago Vogel left tour early due to a "disc problem" in his lower back, ultimately forcing Terror to bow out of the "Life & Death Tour 2015."

UPDATE: Scott Vogel has now issued the following statement.

"This is a pretty tough thing for me to write from my apartment in Los Angeles while the rest of Terror is out on the road. Truth is, the last few months have been a few of the worst in my life. I've been dealing with neck and back disc issues since Hellfest in New Jersey and the Sick Of It All / Champion tour we did in 2004. Physical therapy has always solved the problems for the time being and I'd be back out on the road; but not this time. Terror finished a European tour in mid-May, I flew home and went right into a surgery on my neck - a three level posterior decompression.

"I knew this was going to be hard on me, but I don't think I really had a clue just how intense spinal surgery really was. I rested a ton and when I was ready, I began the post-surgery therapy, knowing I had two months before the Life and Death tour started. The tour began July 6 in Chicago and probably against my better judgement I was there on stage. After the next show in Louisville I was feeling fucked up and in a lot of pain. It was pretty obvious I wasn't healed enough to be out on the road, so I decided rather than try to 'tough it out' and really mess myself up permanently, I was going to put my health first and fly home.

"Leaving the other guys in Terror to fill my void is a terrible feeling, but I think this is one of the beautiful things that separates hardcore from most other forms of music. A Terror show is way more then me on stage or even the other guys in the band. It's an energy. It's a pulse and a feeling you get from the music, words and also your love and belief in this scene. David will be taking over for me on the Life and Death tour and for anyone that's familiar with Down to Nothing, you already know he's a great frontman. If you reading this and you are a supporter of this band and you're coming out to one of these shows - we could really use your postive energy more than ever. Terror has always invited and welcomed all of you to get involved with the live show so move up front, sing along and help us get through this. With the right attitude, we can turn this shitty situation into something positive.

"To anyone that feels let down by me not being out there: I am very sorry. This sucks worse for me than you probably imagine and I hope you can have some understanding. I'm not exactly sure when I will be back to playing shows, but I know I am focused on getting myself healthy and back to full strength. More than anything, I want to not be living my life in constant pain and for Terror to continue making music and playing around the world."

7/13/2016 1:37:36 PM
Fronz?

7/13/2016 1:37:54 PM

7/13/2016 1:52:38 PM
if axl and dave ghoul can do it from a chair why can't vogel

7/13/2016 1:55:01 PM
LOL!! THIS TOUR WONT MAKE NE MONEY! BUSTD OLD HARDCORE TURNING OUT 20-30 PEEPS A NIGHT WITHOUT A STAY SICK SEMINAR TO CLOSE LMAO MAN THATS CRAZY!! #STAYSLIME... GUYS ITS FRONZ. IF YOU WANT A 7 ROOM, 3 AND A HALF SPA BATH CRIB THEN 'GRAM TAG THE HOMIEZ #SLIMESQUAD ... 1ST 25 THAT SIGN UP FOR MY TXT NUMBER SERVICE GET A NASA X STAY SICK RAIN PONCHO SPACE SUIT FOR WARPED THIS SUMMER AND A NICKELODEON GAK!!! HAHAA THAT SHIT WAS ILL!! #EBOLAPOLAEBEAR

7/13/2016 2:15:38 PM
This clown needs to stop drinking and get into shape. SOFT BODY probs.

7/13/2016 2:30:48 PM
Love Vogel. Haters shut up.

7/13/2016 2:40:58 PM
One of the best frontmen in Hardcore and super cool in person. Unlike all you dickheads i wish him well

7/13/2016 3:09:33 PM
yeah this guy is great and a respected mainstay in the scene. get well!

7/13/2016 3:13:19 PM
Guy is old as shit anyway. Get that pregnant gut out of here and go take your medication old fart.

7/13/2016 3:33:08 PM
WORST band, WORST dudes, way to copy NAILS. This band wouldn't even be around if it wasn't for Todd Jones. Buried Alive was a Nails side project for Jones.

7/13/2016 3:37:19 PM
Not a surprise for a 40 year old still on tour year round. Sucks for Terror, who I used to love when I was in high school. Good luck to them.

7/13/2016 4:25:31 PM
Keepers of the Prescription Pain Meds.

7/13/2016 5:05:28 PM
I'm not gonna pretend that talking shit on Vogel isn't a good time, because it's easy and fun, but if you genuinely wish him anything but the best get the fck out of hardcore.

7/13/2016 5:07:19 PM
Man that sucks, I hope he heals up ok. Terror is the greatest, hope it all works out

7/13/2016 5:33:28 PM
karma for running the ghost inside off the road

7/13/2016 5:46:57 PM
#putdownthefckingphoneand drive

7/13/2016 5:54:30 PM
I had a severe herniated disc and ultimately had spinal surgery from it. Most non-stop agonizing pain of my life for three months until I got surgery. I know exactly what he's going through, the pain is no joke. Hopefully he finds relief somehow.

7/13/2016 6:01:27 PM
David Wood is better

7/13/2016 6:06:46 PM
Might as well break up

7/13/2016 6:42:08 PM
This wouldn't have happened if Hungry Hungry Hippo Rich Thurston was still in the band.

7/13/2016 6:46:50 PM
Looks like he....Shattered the insides

7/13/2016 6:52:01 PM
Scott felt the need to namedrop his 2004 tour with sick of it all and champion to remind us that he has been into hardcore the longest

7/13/2016 7:12:13 PM
Power Trip is the only band on this tour worth a shit.

7/13/2016 7:14:43 PM
Best wishes for Scott. I don't know him or listen to Terror but if you read that statement and look at the photo and don't feel for him you are a worthless piece of shit.

7/13/2016 7:18:40 PM
Most people on this board grew up listening to one of Vogel's bands, so show some support

7/13/2016 7:26:07 PM
Back flip

7/13/2016 7:41:00 PM
I've been on 3 different tours with this fcking lowlife. He's an alchy jackass with about 2 IQ points. I hope he's permanently sidelined because God knows we don't need this c-cksmoker proliferating even more of his fcking nonsense around the globe. Hang it up, Gramps - you're a motherfcking joke. fck you.

7/13/2016 8:04:32 PM
The ghost inside is stoked

7/13/2016 9:22:04 PM
Wow so hardcore

7/13/2016 10:11:15 PM
Amanda , call me , you know my back ain't fcked up. ;)

7/13/2016 10:34:14 PM
*truth is ever since the NAILS headliner I stood front row in 1994. . .

7/13/2016 11:19:40 PM
thats what happens when your 57 years old..

7/13/2016 11:21:49 PM
hmmmm. A. todd jones zero part of BA. so fck yur life pssy. B. terror furthest thing from nails and around first you fcking ass bag moron. scotts been at this since the early nineties and your all just jealous, hating, fck tard mamas boys that are butt hurt your terrrrrible bands never did as well as any of scotts bands. so fck the haters. get well soon scott.

7/13/2016 11:22:12 PM
i like how the band name is terror but yet ask for positive energy...

7/14/2016 3:34:58 AM
Who did that back tattoo? Michael J. Fox? Muhammid Ali? Amirite, Amirite?

7/14/2016 6:24:56 AM
Time to tone down the live show Scott, you're not a young buck anymore.

7/14/2016 7:29:50 AM
Activate the pit!

7/14/2016 7:58:59 AM
A Terror show is way more then me on stage A Terror show is way more then me on stage A Terror show is way more then me on stage A Terror show is way more then me on stage A Terror show is way more then me on stage

7/14/2016 9:14:44 AM
wannabe poser tough guy mall hardcore. Jones and NAILS were putting out certified concrete albums and mean music longgg before this joker was around haha. leave it to the professionals.

7/14/2016 10:49:13 AM
Life is pain. Vogel will prevail.

7/14/2016 11:02:27 AM
He forgot to check spelling and grammar before summiting

7/14/2016 1:05:19 PM
Was probably trying to catch a Psyduck

7/14/2016 1:09:38 PM
only disc problem those shitheads have is not selling any records. am i right??!

7/14/2016 1:57:53 PM
#putthepillsdownanddive

7/14/2016 2:13:18 PM
'Wow, that's what happens with your a Nails cover band AND you're old as fck trying to be "down" with it. Also, that Martin ghey in the band is a total ghey.'

^Down Syndrome

7/14/2016 2:23:47 PM
Scott.. You listen to me LITTLE GIRL.

7/14/2016 2:39:20 PM

A genre that requires so little talent or skill members are completely interchangeable

7/14/2016 2:47:48 PM
^^^

exactly. polar opposite of Power-Violence... the mean, bone-sawing, dissonant, tempo changing / cross punk, socio-politically charged thrash concrete agenda that JONES and co. pioneered in the early 80s.

7/14/2016 4:15:47 PM
Sick back flip Vogel, maybe next time you'll think twice before touring in a NAILS cover band. You owe your entire existence to JONES, he's just taking back what's rightfully his.

7/15/2016 6:09:56 AM
Scott. Come to st pete fl and i can rehab you for free. I have fixed many of injuries before. You have to avoid using your heels bro. All muscle all the time. You have 10 toes for a reason!!! Use em bro!!! If you avoid your heels you avoid compression through your spine.

7/15/2016 4:22:02 PM
Scott
One of the nicest guys ever
Get well

You are Hxc

Rtl

7/16/2016 5:55:24 AM
Chaka Malik is stoked. Maybe he can fill in when Burn is not releasing new shitty music.

7/16/2016 11:19:47 AM
Todd Jones, founder of Nuclear Blast Records, has issued the following statement: "Scotty, I've got something to say. You will never be one of us"

7/19/2016 12:58:33 PM
I'm pretty sure this can be cured with more stage dives.

7/29/2016 9:09:33 AM
I waited a long time time to see Terror live especially in the home town of Los Angeles, i love our roots but LA is where i stay and LA hardcore needs a name. Hollywood/LA union gig was good. Terror did great .....never appreciated scott so much til he wasnt up there -.- but get well you owe me a hometown gig !!!