Devil You Know parts ways with drummer John Sankey

Friday, June 24, 2016 9:20 AM PT

Devil You Know drummer and co-founder John Sankey has announced his departure from the band. Sankey has issued this statement:

"After communications over the last few weeks, my band devil you know and I have decided that I move on from my role as drummer. I'm currently working on establishing the legion open air music festival in Australia and with imminent major announcements coming in the near future I simply no longer have the time to commit to both projects.

"I have lived abroad in Los Angeles for 15 years dedicating 100% of my time and energy on my career as a touring musician and have lived out my dreams performing all over the world. I am now ready to pursue other avenues and am very excited for a change where I can use my experience and knowledge of the industry to help provide the Australian metal and hard rock scene with a new live music platform.

"I'm extremely proud of being a founding member of devil you know and will always respect what we have achieved, it's been an awesome ride and I wish Hojo, Fran and Womby nothing but the best as they continue to kick ass into the future!"

Meanwhile, Devil You Know had this to say:

"We have decided to part ways with drummer John Sankey and will be back on the road this fall. We are NOT taking any unsolicited drummer audition videos. Big news in the coming weeks!"

6/24/2016 10:02:40 AM
John Sankus

6/24/2016 10:27:26 AM
mr. sankey the christmas poo

6/24/2016 11:22:09 AM
#whothefckcares

6/24/2016 12:12:08 PM
Drummer You (used to) Know

6/24/2016 1:03:51 PM
Francesco's temper probably flared up over some bullshit again.

6/24/2016 2:23:41 PM
Joey Jordison to be the new drummer.

6/24/2016 2:44:32 PM
Hopefully they get the good drummer formerly of trivium. The new trivium guy sucks donkey dcks. Trivium does as well.

6/24/2016 8:34:45 PM
Hard rock

6/25/2016 11:56:57 AM
Meth problems...

6/26/2016 5:57:38 AM
Oh howard....how can you go from BHBS to KSE to this bullshit

6/26/2016 1:24:12 PM
Literally no one cares who's drumming for this band, outside of the band and their families.

6/27/2016 3:53:36 PM
awwww sh*t! You're telling me I can't send my drum video I did of your cover songs to audition...??? F**K! That was a waste of my $17 Sony Hi 8 tape...