Municipal Waste adds new guitarist

Thursday, June 9, 2016 8:08 AM PT

Official press release:

Richmond, Virginia's speed metal punks Municipal Waste has announced the addition of Nick Poulos on second guitar.

Guitarist Ryan Waste comments "Nick joining the Waste is a big deal for us, we couldn't just add anyone to the fold. It had to be a close friend, and he's one of our best buds in fact. It doesn't hurt that he can play his ass off too! He gets our style and totally adds to it, making us an even heavier force to be reckoned with. We're all having a blast working together, cooking up new tunes and pulling out some classic Waste cuts for this upcoming European tour!"

Poulos adds, "I couldn't be more thrilled about teaming up with the Waste! We're no strangers when it comes to making music together and when they asked me to join on second guitar, there was zero hesitation. The history of this band and watching the growth has not only made me proud but excited for the future."

Poulos currently plays with Ryan in Volture and Bat, and formerly played with bassist Phil Hall in Cannabis Corpse.

6/9/2016 9:38:56 AM
fck yeah.

6/9/2016 9:46:09 AM
Hell yea

6/9/2016 11:38:52 AM
sh!t yah

6/9/2016 11:56:42 AM
Frat dudes disguised as punks are stoked

6/9/2016 1:39:53 PM
^ professional virgin

6/9/2016 4:44:32 PM
do these guys still try to get stoked and do boogie boarding and on stage pizza eating and shit? i got stuck at one of their shows like ten years ago and they were already an old band

6/9/2016 8:16:12 PM
^ no doubt. remember that show like 10 years ago when they opened (lucky even that) for Lamb of God, Nails, As I lay dying and children of bodom and got blown off the stage. was like amateur hour. weak.

6/10/2016 12:17:51 AM
ahh yeah, i was at the nails stage watching nails do the opening set for nails, so i missed them

6/10/2016 1:46:28 AM
i sprayed skeet on my computer

6/10/2016 9:51:02 AM
"Municipal Waste asked me to join their band. Instead I invented a meaner style of grindcore, bought Jeff Hanneman's unreleased guitar solos from his widdow and put out this badass motherfcker. Then I called Tony Foresta and played him just one of this album's breakdowns over the phone and he started to cry. He said 'Why?' and I anwered 'Because I can.' and hung up." -Todd Jones

6/10/2016 6:19:17 PM
the only worse band is iron reagan

6/11/2016 5:47:46 AM
GUYS, let me know if you need any guest vocals done for your album, I'm doing features lol, I know... I'm not even in a band anymore but I need some money. If you guys want to donate to my "living without having a job" fund I would greatly appreciate it. HELP ME NOT HAVE TO EVER GET A JOB BY BUYING A FEATURE AND DONATING TO MY FUND ... LOL THANKS

-SHAWN DEADPAN SPAN