ERRA announce new album, singer, premiere song

Friday, February 05, 2016 11:15 AM PT

Alabama progressive metalcore band ERRA has announced the addition of new frontman J.T. Cavey, who replaces departed vocalist Ian Eubanks. Cavey was a member of Texas In July prior to their 2015 dissolution.

Meanwhile, ERRA has revealed plans to release a new album titled Drift this spring. The effort will hit stores on April 8th via Sumerian Records, and its first single, Luminesce, can be streamed below.

2/5/2016 11:27:04 AM
As an outspoken member of the djent community I can say with confidence this is the best possible news of 2016. JT has been in such djent acts as the great and holy Sean Hall and the all mighty (although only slightly djenty Texas In July) I love djent so much and I believe the djent community will welcome JT with open arms.... Welcome to the team brother!
Ray Djent Clark

2/5/2016 11:29:02 AM
I must also send my thanks and gratitude to Ash Avlidsen and Royal Divison management for making this happen. A group of well paid self-made businessmen with nothing but the best interest of the djent community in mind.
Keep it fun and keep it djent
Raymond Djent Clark "RDC"

2/5/2016 11:35:54 AM
looks like i made an ERRA by clicking on this page

2/5/2016 1:13:51 PM
stop saying fing djent. this is not djent. none of you know djent, and yes, please stop bringing up meshuggah. everybody fcking knows who they are. you're a fing idiot if you think this is/djent is gay. f you. look up real djent bands and you'd know this is not even close to djent you uneducated fcks.?

2/5/2016 1:19:54 PM
This 'progressive' metalcore thing has gotten a bit redundant...

2/5/2016 1:21:44 PM

2/5/2016 1:26:03 PM
This track needs a lot more separation. I love ERRA but they have so many parts to their music and their tracks are always mixed into one big mess. Particulary the drums. The cymbals sounds like a big mess of "PSSSHHHH"... And the production sounds really synthetic.

2/5/2016 1:30:36 PM
I'm so blown away at how great this is. I am a tough critic when it comes to our oversaturated progressive metalcore genre but this is superb.... 100% impeccable. I love the mixing of multiple music theories. Simply sublime genius. Please come around the Ft. Smith/Little Rock area we have a pretty savage scene that would accept you with open arms! Just let me know when you'll be down guys! I'm usually putting in ALOT of overtime at journeys!

2/5/2016 1:45:29 PM
What the fck is this complete idiot talking about?

2/5/2016 1:48:13 PM
the overtime at journeys comment must be 12 year ols commenting .

2/5/2016 2:23:48 PM
Damn JT fits in so well with these guys, at least from hearing this song. Looking forward to the rest.

2/5/2016 4:13:11 PM
Hi, we are Erra! We would like to introduce our new vocalist with a new song where he contributes less than 49% of the vocals and those he does do sound like he is a block away!

Yeah great one guys! Instead of shutting up your whiny bitch guitarist who hits the same three notes in every song with his emo singing, you give him MORE?!! Why?!! As usually, musically it's good but the guitarists vocals are awful!!

2/5/2016 4:46:56 PM
Djent= bands who want to be as cool as ......Shuggah

2/5/2016 5:59:40 PM
Lambgoat always takes the highroad. That's why they've been my music news destination for like ten years. Thanks so much. I am a Christian Youth Leader of a group of outcasts, runaways, and thrown away youth and this is the music I want them to hear.
Gabriel Haynes
#TheResistance

2/5/2016 6:58:30 PM
^99% of the bands mentioned on this site are fcking gay

2/5/2016 7:08:51 PM
^
Jealousy, how sad.

2/5/2016 7:09:25 PM
Just listened to it and...it's kinda weak. Nothing too memorable on this one.

2/5/2016 7:17:46 PM
Revising this to say that I've listened to it a second, third and fourth time and I absolutely love it. Grew on me really quickly. The majority of Luminesce presents a clean sound with catchy lyrics that will have you ultimately singing along. Every single time the chorus comes along, I now find myself acting as if I am a part of the band.

2/5/2016 8:03:17 PM
His is the kind of music those pig fckers in Alabama play while they fck a pig

2/6/2016 1:41:20 AM
The difference in vocal production between the cleans and the screams is bugging me immensely.

2/7/2016 8:22:19 AM
progressive and alabama dont go hand in hand.

2/7/2016 10:54:20 AM
Once again I simply can't get enough of this. The great Ash Avlidsen and Royal Division Management have come together for something special here... This band is going places and I mean big places! They may even be able to buy a small apartment for a few months with the loads of money they will make on tour! This is why djent is so inspiring to me
Ray djent Clark