Close Your Eyes part ways with two members

Saturday, July 18, 2015 1:54 PM PT

The revolving door that is Close Your Eyes' lineup continues to turn as the Abilene, Texas band has now apparently parted ways with both lead vocalist (and co-founder) Shane Raymond and bassist Alex Whitten. It was little more than six months ago that Raymond rejoined the band after originally departing in 2012.

Whitten had this to say:

"Yesterday was sad, stressful, and at the same time very therapeutic. Shane and I are no longer a part of the headache that is Close Your Eyes. What Brett [Callaway, guitarist and co-founder] does with the band now is entirely up to him because it is his band and he has the right to do so, but after almost 10 years my hands are clean of it.

"I initially wanted to come one here and let loose as to why this band is in the state it's in, but due to the friendships that have been affected, I will refrain. At the end of the day, things weren't what we thought they were and a lot of things were brought into question.

"I feel like a huge weight has be lifted off of my shoulders. I'm thankful for the things I was able to experience with CYE but I'm more excited to move on. In the next year, I will be opening a full time recording studio in Abilene as well as working on music with Homestead. I will also be continuing to book some shows as they are offered to me. I am excited for the future."

7/18/2015 2:10:27 PM
doug your eyes

7/18/2015 2:20:32 PM
If you're reading this and haven't figured it out yet, that fat guitar player is the sucky guy no one can deal with.

7/18/2015 4:11:50 PM
their old bassist who was married used to hit on my wife on facebook. fck this band.

7/18/2015 10:32:26 PM
Who??

7/18/2015 10:38:16 PM
2010 called they want there Victory records hype band back.

7/19/2015 10:42:17 AM
Close Your Eyes. Open Your Butt.

7/19/2015 1:23:34 PM
That hick guitarist has always been insufferable

7/19/2015 2:08:30 PM
Props to them for using the christian angle to try to get paid and laid. It's just a shame how much they suck dck and really couldn't do either. Satan is stoked. Band member flip. Who?

7/19/2015 5:34:54 PM
Isn't Alex just some fanboy that followed the band around?

7/19/2015 8:12:30 PM
gay acts like he was in the band for 10 years. Sorry you didn't enjoy your 5 seconds of fame/no one knowing who the fck you were. Now gtfo

7/22/2015 9:42:31 AM
Change your attitude brett! You've lost all respect from me, for ruined this talented band!