The Black Dahlia Murder announces new album

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 10:42 AM PT

Official press release:

The Black Dahlia Murder have returned with the much-anticipated, new full-length album Abysmal, which is now officially set for a September 18th release through Metal Blade Records. This vicious slab of unrelenting aggression showcases TBDM at their very finest with a meticulous, pin-point precise rhythmic assault mixed with ferocious speed and dynamic hooks.

The Black Dahlia Murder will unveil pre-orders and the first track from Abysmal on June 24th.

The Black Dahlia Murder - Abysmal

Trevor Strnad (vocals) states: "The new album, Abysmal, is true to The Black Dahlia Murder formula, but further down the evolutionary path we began with our Ritual release. It has bigger, more dynamic and developed songs. It sees the band in a darker, faster and more melancholic place than anything we've done to date. It is an album wrought emotion on a scale that we haven't reached with our previous attempts. It's dripping with urgency, and an undeniable sincere life and death purpose. It has moments of triumph and moments of utter abandon and defeat. It runs the gamut. If you can't sense the message of despair in a song like 'Receipt' or the title track 'Abysmal,' than you are an unfeeling statue of a person. You speed freaks can also thank the ungodly contribution of our young skinsman Alan Cassidy, as the new album sees us approaching maniacal speeds unseen before in the TBDM catalog.

"I get a lot of inspiration from our continuing success as a band. There is a tremendous pressure to deliver for our fans. I want to wow them every time we come back and for our new material to keep them excited about us. I have had a long, intimate love affair with death metal and I enjoy sharing my continued excitement for it through this outlet. I am still obsessed with the macabre and the darker side of life, and I revel in creating dark lyrical content that makes the listener react in some way. I enjoy straddling the line between fantastic elements and real life horror, as there is constant atrocity all around us in the human experience. You don't have to look far to find something that is happening in the modern world that can fill ones sails with disgust.

"The impending Australian tour is just around the corner and I couldn't be more excited to get back into the world of touring. We've had a long bout of time at home while writing the album, the longest break we've had since releasing Unhallowed, and then leaving on tour. I feel recharged and read to kick some Aussie ass. It's gonna be a pleasure to be back with Psycroptic, as their new album is an incredible release and they are the coolest guys possible. The combo of us, them, and young bucks Colossvs ensures that beer is soon to be added to the endangered species list. Be sure to grab your six packs and hold tight!"

6/10/2015 10:53:46 AM
FONZ HERE AND YO DOUBLE YOU T F IS UP WITH THIS CHRISTOPHER FRONZAK KID FROM THE ATL OF GEORGIA PRETENDING TO BE ME ON LAMGOAT.COM? WE ALL KNOW YOURE A SILVER SPOON FED TRUST FUND BABY SO STOP AFTIBG LIKE A HUSTLER.

6/10/2015 10:54:07 AM
First for this album kicking ass

6/10/2015 10:55:06 AM
that album cover is brutal as FUUUUUUUUUU

6/10/2015 10:57:21 AM
so stoked

6/10/2015 11:16:53 AM
fcking stoked

6/10/2015 11:27:38 AM
Album art looks like Thy Art Is Murder's "Hate" album.

6/10/2015 11:47:36 AM
This album WILL be breasts

6/10/2015 11:58:14 AM
Why can't bands just say "Here's out new album; it kicks ass. Buy or download it."

3 paragraphs of Trevor is too much

6/10/2015 11:58:53 AM
damn it does look slightly like 'Hate', maybe it's bc they tarnished the Death name and TBDM is taking it back ???

inb4 Thy Art is trash

6/10/2015 12:27:19 PM
ya ya ya black douglia blah blah fck off

6/10/2015 12:29:11 PM
SICKIEZZZZ!!!!!! YO ITS FRONZ DON'T SETTLE FOR IMPOSTERS AND ESPESH DON'T SETTLE FOR CUT RATE DEATH METAL ACTS, BDM CAME 2 ME BEGGIN 2 BE PUT ON STAY SICK SO THEY CAN FINALLY GET 2 HUSTLIN N PUT A GOLD STEARING WHEEL ON THERE 92 FORD ECONOLINE, I HAD 2 BREAK IT 2 THEM GENTLY I CAN'T HAVE SMELLY UGLIEZ ON MY LABE. THEY CRIED AT FIRST BUT GOT OVER IT AND COASTED INTO AM/PM TO PUT A QUARTER TANK OF THE LOWEST GRADE IN THAT OLD BEAST, NOT EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD CALL "sTAYING sICK"...

6/10/2015 12:31:22 PM
I heart Fronz

6/10/2015 12:57:41 PM
You potato kids need to get a life.

"oh this album art looks like this, ohh cool look at my 4chan joke on another website."

enjoy the music and shut up.

6/10/2015 1:04:30 PM
Morning wood has exceeded capacity it will explode in monumental pleasure and exceed all expectations

6/10/2015 1:12:56 PM
LOLd at beer on the endangered species list.

6/10/2015 5:09:13 PM
pin-point precise rhythmic assault

6/10/2015 5:28:49 PM
My boner will stay hard for this

6/10/2015 6:42:50 PM
Stoked for this. Also that Colossvs band is pretty sick.

6/10/2015 7:42:37 PM
Was not a fan of Everblack. Sounds this like will be more of the same unfortunately. I'm also not sure if "faster" and "melancholic" really go together as adjectives for an album. I don't see why Strnad had to write an essay pumping this up, it seems a little over the top.

6/10/2015 7:57:09 PM
Sincerity

6/11/2015 6:56:36 AM
this made my penis wiggle around with glee

6/11/2015 9:27:19 AM
THIS WILL RULE

- Douglas Yancey Funnie

6/11/2015 11:56:28 AM
damn i REALLY hope this lives up to all those descriptive words he's using.

6/11/2015 5:15:12 PM
Shall we hit the bong before we doooo this!!!!?