Housecore Horror Festival 2015 lineup takes shape

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 12:59 PM PT

Housecore Horror Fest 2015 lineup

Official press release:

Legendary metal frontman and Housecore Records founder, Philip H. Anselmo, is bringing his horror-themed film and metal festival back for a third year. After a great ride in Austin, the festival will kick off in San Antonio, Texas at the Aztec Theater on November 13th -15th, 2015.

The decision to return was driven by the desire to honor his friend and festival co-founder, Corey Mitchell, who tragically passed away last October. Mitchell was the driving creative force behind the festival's success, and Anselmo believes there is no better way to pay tribute to his friend than to carry on for a third year.

"I've got a great team in place to help make this what Corey and I wanted it to be," he says. "There are a lot of mixed emotions here because no one can replace him. But, we know he would want this to continue and so that's what we're going to do. We miss him and think about him every day."

Bands already confirmed to play are Suffocation, Autopsy, Cripple Bastards, Nails, SYk & Dalila Kayros, YOB, Eyehategod, Child Bite, Warbeast and many more to be announced soon. Maryland Deathfest co-founder Ryan Taylor will be booking bands this year and will help Anselmo craft a musical lineup that would make Mitchell proud.

In addition to showcasing the best in extreme metal, the festival will screen film gems from the personal vaults of both Anselmo and Mitchell. Horror filmmakers are encouraged to submit their films and winners will be selected in various categories and given the coveted Rot-Scar Award. "When Corey and I started this thing, it was important to us that we help independent filmmakers get their incredible work discovered," Anselmo continues. "Nothing has changed, in that respect."

Tickets to go on sale soon! Stay tuned for additional announcements.

5/20/2015 1:11:01 PM
Fronz, Doug, and David Gunn are all very stoked and plan to explain why.

5/20/2015 1:27:06 PM
This is something Judy Funnie will definitely attend.

5/20/2015 1:30:09 PM
Surprised but not surprised that nails is on this

5/20/2015 1:52:52 PM
FRONZ HERE AND LET ME JUST SAY ONE THINK H8ERZ PHILLIP H ANSELMO WANTS TO TALK THE DIRTY ON ME WELL DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PERFUME CALLED RAGE BY FRONZ1LLA I DIDNT THINK SO DO YOU WEAR EIGHT CHAINS I GOT A GREAT DANE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE pssy NOTHING THATS RIGHT SUCK MY fck SLAYER

5/20/2015 1:54:38 PM
is Phil's super secret new band, Cattle Decapitation going to be playing?

5/20/2015 2:29:52 PM
This is Phillip H Anselmo of Phillip Anselmo's 'Down'. I yahoo searched your name and saw who you were. I did not overdose and bust my ass for over 25 years tearing my vocal cords dying to watch some backstreet boy with unoriginal tattoos make fun of me. I'm from New Orleans boy were we play the heavy blues, brother. By the way I don't drive a tractor. I drive a 1994 F-150 with 124,745 original miles on it.

5/20/2015 2:44:22 PM
Hi Phil,

You're first mistake was using Yahoo for anything. This dates you. Let me guess, you tried looking up my SSN by asking Jeeves?

5/20/2015 4:12:40 PM
Both you turds should just shut up and jack eachother off.

5/20/2015 4:14:42 PM
Phil Anselmo drives dudes dicks.

5/20/2015 8:05:17 PM
Can they PLZ get 25 Ta Life on this?

5/20/2015 8:31:21 PM
The Beets should be on this

5/21/2015 5:29:43 AM
Warbeets

5/21/2015 7:37:21 AM
Insert Doug Reference Here

5/21/2015 12:24:39 PM
Bullshiiiiiiiiiit Phil, that truck would have way more miles than that.

5/24/2015 3:04:07 PM