Valkyrie (Baroness) signs with Relapse Records

Thursday, July 31, 2014 3:18 PM PT

Official press release:

Relapse Records is proud to announce the signing of Virginia hard rock riff worshippers Valkyrie. Formed in 2002, Valkyrie consists of brothers Jake and Pete Adams (Baroness, Samhain) on guitar and vocals, Alan Fary (Earthling) on bass and Warren Hawkins on drums. Drawing heavily from the classic eras of hard rock and heavy metal, Valkyrie play guitar driven rock n' roll replete with infectious solos and catchy, powerful vocals. The band has drawn numerous comparisons to greats like Thin Lizzy, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, early Iron Maiden, and Deep Purple.

The quartet has released two full-lengths along with a series of EPs and singles. Valkyrie recently recorded their first full-length in over 7 years at Earth Analog Studios in Champaign, IL with producer Sanford Parker (Nachtmystium, Pelican) earlier this month. The eight song album will see an early 2015 release via Relapse.

Guitarist/vocalist Jake Adams commented on the signing and new material:

"We are really excited about this new record. Some of these songs we have been working on for many years and we are glad to see them have a proper release on an excellent label. This new record will be a step up in terms of song dynamics and musicianship from the previous albums. We think our fans will dig the fresh approach to the classic Valkyrie sound."

7/31/2014 3:42:33 PM
I'm annoyed. My friend resides on the floor above me. He had no visitors for 2 years. Over recent weeks this changed and he grew great at attracting any women he wants. He found the Master Attraction web page (Start looking in Google) by Jake Ayres. Now all he does everyday is bang women. He's continually pulling ladies back and I can't help but hear it, every night. He makes them moan really loud! My best friend just signed up and got a favor later that day.

7/31/2014 3:47:15 PM
do the idiots at labels even read these posts? someone has to if theres anyone out there that can help sign my band ( Physics Of Demise) we are waiting and a label is all we need to take us to the next level.

7/31/2014 4:25:21 PM
^ lol

7/31/2014 4:26:49 PM
Awesome music, just preordered the shirt+ablum bundle. I'm sure these guys will be really big someday. Even though I already preordered this album I heard it's leaked already so I will hopefully be buying a copy of this album because of how purely amazing it is, the vocals, guitars, drums all flow into something that explodes with perfection. Im sure you guys already know, but these guys kick ass!

7/31/2014 4:31:09 PM
generic. wheres gwen stacy when u need them

7/31/2014 4:41:27 PM
YO! Fizix of D'mize! Yo shit be tit3, sunzzz!! Tell you dogz what, snd me a check for $4800.00 and ill get that shiz locked down tight doe! I be legit as hell 2! I got the refs and mad str33t cred! Send dat check fo real, MADD Tit3 Dope REX 148 Puletney St Buffalo IL 13579

7/31/2014 4:49:36 PM
This band is on it's last legs.

7/31/2014 4:55:44 PM
"hard rock riff worshippers Valkyrie" These guys are about as hard as Three Days Grace

7/31/2014 5:06:42 PM
just looked up that buffalo address, youre lucky its fake because illiciting improper funds over $1000 (in the US, anyway)
is a felony and I wouldn't be afraid to press carges my band ( Physics Of Demise) my not be signed but were not idiots.

7/31/2014 5:36:18 PM
and if you could take your boyfriends hard on out of your mouth with your "fizix of d'mize" babble you maybe could type something we all could read actually

8/1/2014 6:49:44 AM
Look, if someone wants to sign my band, Physics of Demise, that would be awesome. Even more awesome than that would be if someone fired some hot dudebutter into my yearning maw.

8/1/2014 7:48:12 AM
illiciting improper funds
illiciting improper funds
illiciting improper funds
illiciting improper funds

LOL at you looking up the address. You guys sure as smert arent ya?

8/1/2014 1:02:25 PM
more like dong worshippers these guys are total pussies