Erra announces new lineup, records new EP

Friday, July 11, 2014 12:46 PM PT

Birmingham, Alabama's Erra has announced the departure of frontman Garrison Lee and guitarist Alan Rigdon. Now joining the band is Ian Eubanks, with whom the band just finished recording a new EP. Here's the official word:

"It has been rumored in the last few months that our frontman Garrison was leaving the band. Those rumors were actually true. Garrison had a great job opportunity come up back in March. We could tell for a while that his heart wasn't in it like it used to be, so we all talked about it and mutually decided that it was the right thing to do. There was no bad blood or tension in this conversation. As a matter of fact, he did 2 more tours with us after that conversation until we were able to find the right guy to fill the new vocalist spot (the Veil of Maya & Texas in July tours)

"So now that you're up to speed on the sad news, the good news is that we just finished recording a new EP with our new vocalist, Ian Eubanks.

"Ian has been one of our best friends from Birmingham for years now, and we hope that you trust us when we say that there is absolutely no one more qualified to fill the spot as our vocalist as Ian is. We've heard the new mixes and are extremely confident that Erra fans will be completely satisfied and accepting of this new addition to the band...(no seriously, you'll love it haha).

"Also, our bass player Sean [Price] has moved to guitar (the departure of our guitarist Alan is completely unrelated to Garrison's). We have not filled the bass position yet, but we aren't in a hurry and are searching privately within our own realm of friends, so PLEASE do not send any tryout submissions or messages.

"Lastly, I'll just say that the reason behind recording new songs as quickly as we did was to show you guys as quickly as possible that you don't have to be concerned about our band falling apart. We recorded these songs so you could hear them and say "oh thank god, they still write songs I like". So please, don't worry you guys haha. The band is stronger than ever, and I'm being completely honest about that. This is only the start to all the incredible news we have to share with y'all over the course of the next 3 months....It's all really insane and we are completely humbled and excited by everything that lays ahead.

"Thank you, and we love and appreciate all of you guys for caring about our band as much as we do."

7/11/2014 12:53:19 PM
Have fun wasting $20,000 producing this EP on a no-name band going nowhere on even Youtube let alone anywhere

7/11/2014 12:53:38 PM
They may have to bump this news to the 'more news not displayed below' page due to lack of interest and original commenting.

7/11/2014 12:54:17 PM
This band is on it's last legs.

7/11/2014 12:55:36 PM
Saw the singer at a Thy Art Is Murder show one time bragging to the band about how hot his girlfriend got.

7/11/2014 1:01:10 PM
Alright. I'm aggravated. My friend lives in the opposite room and he just became brilliant at attracting the ladies. He tried so hard to get laid for 2 yrs. and it never once worked. The guy discovered the Master Attraction website (Google it) by Jake Ayres. All he's doing now is banging women. He's always having the ladies back and I can't help but hear it, which is gross and I wish he had not discovered that site.

7/11/2014 1:03:28 PM
This band is ten times more talented than parkway

7/11/2014 1:04:29 PM
retarded metalcore band

7/11/2014 1:07:23 PM
I just can't get into this bands clean's singing. The rest is great, but idk I'm still willing to give these guys a chance
-Adam

7/11/2014 1:09:09 PM
I Think this band only made 10K on they're last album.

7/11/2014 1:10:45 PM
This band is really good, I'm digging the cleans too which is really unusual for me. I'm just glad to not hear a chipmunk haha.

7/11/2014 1:26:30 PM
great band. not too many people think so, but looking forward to their ep

7/11/2014 6:13:26 PM
erra is amazing, I'm surprised by all the hate

7/11/2014 8:23:53 PM
band rules

I second the comment above about enjoying the clean vocals, which is a thing I don't usually enjoy

7/12/2014 4:48:45 AM
Dont like the clean vocals but the dudes are legit.

7/12/2014 5:33:46 AM
Really dig their albums! Saw them live and they absolutely sucked was nothing like the albums and their old vocalist couldn't hack it on stage. Very let down, hopefully the additions will be better.

7/12/2014 4:00:52 PM
Horrible band live. End of story