Mustaine blames promoter; promoter blames Mustaine

Monday, February 10, 2014 5:35 AM PT

Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine issued two statements yesterday regarding the band's appearance at this year's Soundwave Festival in Australia. First, Mustaine revealed that Megadeth will no longer play the Australian dates. Mustaine then addressed accusations that he had the band Newsted removed from some of the shows. Here you go:

"Due to circumstances beyond its control, unfortunately Megadeth has to cancel their Australian dates. Megadeth's decision is unrelated to the fact that Jason Newsted is performing at Soundwave. Jason and I spoke recently and continue to be friends...

"All I asked for was an apology for blaming me for something I didn't do. I am still willing to play, but the promoter would rather not apologize and prefers to say I asked him to lie, which I didn't. Am I the only one that sees how easy it is to fix this? The AJ Maddah that I know is a wise and caring man, and I don't know what has happened to my old friend. My bags are packed Aussie fans."

In his statement, Mustaine targets Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah, who subsequently responded to Mustaine via Twitter:

"Dave, we have been friends for a long time and I love you. Your family is like my own. But the only people being punished here are the fans. We took instructions from your representatives and we acted on those instructions as we would with any other artist. I realise that you fired your agent and manager and appointed new ones during the process. And that there may have been misunderstandings or miscommunications but none of those were at our end. Despite of this, I sent you a statement regarding possible misunderstandings/miscommunications, apologising to fans, etc,... even though my people did everything by the book and correct protocol was undertaken getting approvals for supports. There are strings of emails supporting this, including ones forwarded with instructions to remove certain artists. I am not sure where and how you believe you are owed an apology. And if you are, it should be from your own reps!

"All you are doing by cancelling is punishing the fans who have had no part in any of this. Your reps approved your supports and sent clear instructions. They even approved artwork and press release. If you have a quarrel, or you were not consulted then your issue is with your reps and not Australian reps or your old friend! So here it is Dave. I apologize for whatever slight you think I have done you. So, does this mean tour is back on?"

2/10/2014 6:06:22 AM
Jesus Christ, these are grown men?

2/10/2014 6:12:02 AM
gayz.

2/10/2014 6:33:25 AM
i dont know whats going on but i blame them both

2/10/2014 6:53:52 AM
Megadeth still has fans after years of Dave acting like an over privileged child?

2/10/2014 6:57:52 AM
"All I asked for was an apology for blaming me for something I didn't do. Lynched somebody, but don't know who."

2/10/2014 6:57:52 AM
Dave. The damn show must go on. Get over it.

2/10/2014 7:10:08 AM
pussies. all parties involved are pussies. there, i said it.

2/10/2014 7:59:06 AM
pssy blames pssy; pssy blames pssy.

2/10/2014 8:31:29 AM
How petty... Being a band that has to have certain bands kicked off a show. And allowing a band to have the power to have certain bands kicked off a show. No wonder rock stars' heads get so big.

2/10/2014 8:35:15 AM
Megadeth sucks to begin with.

2/10/2014 9:12:56 AM
metal up ur azzzzzzzzz

2/10/2014 9:32:48 AM
Dave is being the kid who goes home with the football. What a fcking pssy.

2/10/2014 9:48:57 AM
Dave cancels tour, changes band name to MegapssyRiot

2/10/2014 10:11:08 AM
MTV True Life: I've been a bitch and done nothing but bitching during my entire music career, and my name is Dave Mustaine.

2/10/2014 10:39:57 AM
1) these are grown-ass men, arguing like 14 year old girls
2) lol that Mustaine is still not over the Metallica thing
3) Megadeth's fans would be punished more if they agreed to play again. Specifically, their eardrums would be punished (in a bad way).
4) Frrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttt

2/10/2014 10:49:48 AM
I guess when you run out of news to report, you just propgate drama, eh?

2/10/2014 12:24:02 PM
^Mustaine himself

2/10/2014 12:59:25 PM
Peace sells, but Dave isn't buying.
Seriously though, what a pretentious prick. Not selling out arenas anymore when you tour with Nonpoint bud

2/10/2014 1:59:54 PM
Soooo it was Mustaine. Such a lady.

2/10/2014 2:37:29 PM
How can anyone still like Megadeth? Such a pathetic piece of baby kaka.

Also, suck my c-ck you fcking gays

2/10/2014 3:10:59 PM
I can't believe this is supposedly a "hardcore/metal" site and there's people on here who honestly think Metallica is better than Megadeth?
Just shows the new jacks on this site who are listening to bands that are stealing Megadeth riffs.

2/10/2014 3:44:33 PM
Real News: Today would've been Cliff Burton's 52nd birthday. fck all you.

2/10/2014 3:51:16 PM
Monday afternoon soap opera bullshit...

2/10/2014 7:06:04 PM
I blame emmure

2/10/2014 7:36:24 PM
I'm sure the guy who believes Obama ordered the Sandy Hook shootings is the guy who's on the right side of this argument.

2/12/2014 6:08:19 AM
i would personally love to have dave's address so i can mail him a pack of adult diapers for still pissing and moaning about being booted out of metallica...

2/12/2014 10:52:43 AM
^
When did he last "moan and complain" exactly?
New jack emmure troll

2/12/2014 10:53:29 AM
SuckMeBeautiful
2 days ago
Jesus Christ, these are grown men?

You post on lambgoat

2/12/2014 10:54:44 AM
1 day ago
How can anyone still like Megadeth? Such a pathetic piece of baby kaka.

Also, suck my c-ck you fcking gays

This coming from a new jack st. anger fan who has never even heard anything other than "symphony of destruction"

2/13/2014 8:03:49 AM
who the fck is Cliff Barton?

2/25/2014 7:55:19 AM