The Contortionist singer quits band

Friday, March 22, 2013 5:10 PM PT

Official press release:

The Contortionist have announced the departure of their frontman Jonathan Carpenter today with his interim replacement in one fell swoop. Jonathan and his long-time girlfriend will be expecting their first child and Carpenter has made the decision to focus on his personal life. Mike Lessard of Last Chance To Reason will be taking on vocal duties while the band finds a permanent replacement.

Statements from each of the parties can be found below.

"It's going to be a jarring change of pace for my life, not being on the road most of the year. Making songs with the band and then performing them in front of the best fans has been a once in a lifetime experience. I wouldn't trade the perspective I've found in the past few years for anything. I got to meet so many amazing people and see a good chunk of the world. I absolutely intend to keep creating and playing music in the future, albeit in a more personal pursuit."

"I will miss seeing everyone in the TC family very much. I wish the best to all of my band buds and everyone who supports live music and all this heavy banger music we've been making. I feel very excited for my future with the love of my life and our pups, and our little one on the way."

"Music has always been one of my passions and that's what drew me to this band in the first place. The music comes first, and I know that the talent of the band will rise above this member change and they will find a new arrangement that will blow your minds." - Jonathan Carpenter

"We are sad to see Jon go, but at the same time remain fully supportive of his decision. We look forward to the process of finding a new vocalist and writing a new record." - Robby Baca

"I'm happy to be helping my friends in The Contortionist for the next few months on tour as a temporary vocalist. I'll be returning to my duties in Last Chance to Reason once these dates are finished in May. I look forward to seeing a bunch of new and familiar faces in the months to come, and to sharing new music from LCTR in the near future!" - Mike Lessard

3/22/2013 5:15:57 PM
love both of these dudes.

3/22/2013 5:16:56 PM
noooooooooo

3/22/2013 5:17:24 PM
well... bummer.

3/22/2013 5:24:32 PM
inb4 butthurt comments

3/22/2013 5:27:39 PM
5 comments in and no hate? this is a new record for Lambgoat....

also, fck this band.

HA!

3/22/2013 5:34:02 PM
Never heard of either band. They must sound like total douche-c-ckery.

3/22/2013 5:36:26 PM
You will not believe how upset i am, my night is ruined. Inb4 im a gay

3/22/2013 6:00:57 PM
"i'm just so excited to be out of the house!"

3/22/2013 6:25:02 PM
"Happy to be helping out my friends in the original Contortionist, and excited to get back to my Contortionist tribute band in May."

3/22/2013 6:28:37 PM
^ lolololol

3/22/2013 6:51:18 PM
I heard Mitch Lucker is looking for a new band.

3/22/2013 7:07:12 PM
Except Last Chance to Reason is a far better band than The Contortionist (not that they even sound remotely alike to begin with). Only know-nothing gays think otherwise.

3/22/2013 7:27:02 PM
Entirely too long of a fcking explanation for a band no one has ever heard of.

3/22/2013 9:23:32 PM
go suck your own dck contortionist.

3/22/2013 10:36:23 PM
Dude from LCTR is a perfect fill in. No doubt about it.

3/23/2013 1:08:56 AM
NNOOOOOOOOOOOO

3/23/2013 3:43:23 AM
Hunter Young joins.

3/23/2013 4:27:34 AM
"heavy banger music"

3/23/2013 7:11:59 AM
I was like two words into johns statement when i remembered i was reading about the contortionist. These guys suck, and if im not mistaken, i been up inside that baby mama to be.

3/23/2013 7:45:40 AM
^ guess she missed out on a winner with you

3/23/2013 8:57:32 AM
First it was Jake, then Dave, now John. This band can't keep a vocalist. No other members have ever left.

3/23/2013 10:38:44 AM

I think you're skipping the BTBAM step.

3/23/2013 11:51:02 AM
You can't have a child and be in a band simultaneously?

3/23/2013 4:37:41 PM
Sucks, because his vocals aren't bad. Hopefully they'll get someone with a stage presence this time though. Saw them with Hatebreed last month and the dude just fcking stood there and made mean faces when he wasn't singing or playing his keyboard.

3/24/2013 12:38:19 AM

LCTR has been around waaayyy longer than the contortionist..

3/25/2013 4:07:53 PM
love of my life and our pups love of my life and our pupslove of my life and our pupslove of my life and our pupslove of my life and our pups

3/26/2013 8:46:01 AM
PLEASE BREAK UP. YOU ARE A TERRIBLE BAND.