Thy Art Is Murder signs with Nuclear Blast Ent.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:34 AM PT

Official press release:

Australia's hottest new extreme metal export, Thy Art Is Murder, has signed to Nuclear Blast Entertainment. Their second album, Hate, was recently released in their homeland where it has been smashing boundaries once thought to confine bands of their ilk. The record came in at #35 on the Top 40 Aria chart, making it the highest debut of any Aussie death metal band ever! Nuclear Blast Entertainment is proud to finally properly release Hate in the U.S. on April 2nd and in Europe on April 5th. The album was produced and mixed by Will Putney (Suicide Silence, Born of Osiris, For Today) with artwork created by Brent Elliot White (Carnifex, Death Angel).

"Nuclear Blast has always represented the pinnacle of extreme metal, a last bastion in an ever evolving industry," commented guitarist Andy Marsh. "To say we now share a label with the greatest extreme metal bands of all time is ridiculous. It was never a dream, it was impossible. But we've done it. The future will be heavy."

1/24/2013 10:44:54 AM
Whitechapel tabs are not stoked

1/24/2013 10:46:21 AM
Angry fat high schoolers just came in their pants

1/24/2013 10:50:46 AM
this style of music is still marketable?

1/24/2013 11:10:57 AM
Australians just do things better usually. Their deathcore is more tolerable and even their Attack Attack sounding bands are less suicide inducing.

1/24/2013 11:48:11 AM
everything about this band is pure lol. gay band name, gay deathcore. vanflip.

1/24/2013 12:36:55 PM
An Australian band on Nuclear Blast? Seems like Australians bands are popping up everywhere these days.

1/24/2013 12:41:51 PM
Not terrible, but sounds way too much like Whitechapel.

1/24/2013 12:42:51 PM
Thy name is gay

1/24/2013 1:39:38 PM
Please don't ever bring that shitty music to my country. If you do, Oh Sleeper is going to show up and flip your van over and over and over for playing horrible music and Mike Reynolds is going to laugh since your gays.

1/24/2013 1:45:43 PM
TAIM started before Whitechapel just thought I would share that information.

1/24/2013 3:00:19 PM
^^^^ And we all believe you...

1/24/2013 3:46:05 PM
Except for me. I don't

1/24/2013 3:59:26 PM
I seen The Rock and CM Punk this past Tuesday for a taping of Smackdown....just thought I would let you pricks know that.

1/24/2013 4:02:41 PM
The Rock i hate that movie. Michael Bay is a tool.

1/24/2013 4:18:58 PM
fat guys who have fat beards to hide their fat faces are stoked. Fat.

1/24/2013 4:27:51 PM
THY ART IS MURDER 2005-present
Whitechaptel 2006—present

1/24/2013 4:40:59 PM
fat guys who have fat beards to hide their fat faces are stoked. Fat.

See I would just buy them lunch then they would be happy. Cause that's all they really care about anyway.

1/24/2013 4:41:42 PM
Mmmm...ribs...and corn bread...

Go fck yourself.

1/24/2013 4:45:49 PM
See I can't buy you lunch cause your getting paid to do my job. And then your going home and...following me to work and hanging around making it impossible for me to do my job...and your getting paid for it. No ribs for you. gay. If you want people to have any respect for you, you could at the very least not be a fat slob. At the very least.

1/24/2013 4:55:31 PM
yO yO yO i'm a gangster. I wish I was a rapper but then that guy there actually is a rapper but he has a master's degree and i never finished high school. shit i couldn't even hold down a job. And he's the leader of the crew that I claim I'm part of but then I'm going to call them up against him but he actually is friends with all of them. Yo Yo Yo I'm really scary BOO...

1/24/2013 5:42:08 PM
whore to a chainsaw was better

1/24/2013 5:47:07 PM
"This situation was all caused by the wrath of harlot. A harlot's wrath..."

-The Crucible

1/24/2013 8:26:21 PM
Lambgoat queers who argue about when bands start are not stoked...obviously. Whitechapel is shot anyway.

1/24/2013 9:03:37 PM
This band destroys 95% of other bands doing this style. Album rules. Also, they are the second Australian death metal band to sign to Nuclear Blast behind Psycroptic.

1/24/2013 10:20:46 PM
fck you Dirk Badoodi honestly. You're not a gangster, you're a pathetic loser. People like you should be removed from the gene pool and not allowed to have kids.

1/24/2013 11:38:10 PM
^^^^^^^ bunch of fcking jealous gays this band destroys live and on cd. YOUR life sucks and your mom is a transvestite which makes you a poo sperm baby.

1/24/2013 11:40:12 PM
fck off, please stop

1/25/2013 1:13:07 AM

Andy you never had a chance with her anyway your music sucks, your life sucks, your van deserves to get flipped but it already got repoed so get the hell out of here. Even Dirk Badoodi is cooler than you.

1/25/2013 1:16:44 AM
Yo yo yo...thanks for standing up for me but i'm still jealous so I'm gonna hang around and think about how jealous and pathetic I am...in fact i'm so pathetic that I couldn't even be a paramedic...see I made a rhyme too I'm gonna battle rap the crap out of you technique cause u a freak...

1/25/2013 1:19:20 AM
i never went to college or high school or middle school but i still listen to rap really deep rap homie...like nicki minaj shes my favorite shes a gangsta and u a wangsta...get it? like wang? penis?...i don't actually have one but i wish i did

1/25/2013 4:19:37 AM
sooooo dgent or is it djent rofl not even shure sumtimez

1/25/2013 5:23:09 AM
Katy Perry posted a video of a cat air drumming to these guys. They must be good

1/25/2013 5:25:29 AM
^^^^^^ it's djent. And no, this band has nothing to do with it.

1/25/2013 5:41:21 AM
actually took the time to read the press release and thought i'd be hearing a death metal band.

call a spade a spade and admit this shit is 2010 Deathcore, brow.

This band is the Aussie Impending White Doom Chapel.

1/25/2013 6:04:04 AM
Good dudes. Even though they hate wearing shoes

1/25/2013 6:09:11 AM
stoked on a lot of ozzy bands I am hearing at the moment

1/25/2013 9:47:51 AM
Good dudes. Even though they hate wearing shoes

I love shoes. In fact I spend all my money on shoes. I have a collection of them at home. I even go online to buy shoes because I can't find some of the shoes I want in those stores at that mall where all the gangsters kick it. Some people collect art, I collect shoes cause shoes are art.

1/25/2013 9:51:55 AM
^^^ What does Nicki Minaj think about all this?

1/25/2013 9:54:48 AM
How the fck would I know? I mean it's not like I ever talk to her or listen to her music. Your the only one who actually listens to her music and cares about her and you shouldn't. It's a waste of time and money. I'd rather my time and money on myself than someone else. Cause then Nicki Minaj will keep coming back asking for me to help produce her music and each time I say no.

1/25/2013 9:56:51 AM
Well, the reason she stopped asking is because I signed her to my label. See, here's the contract. And if she ever records any more music with Def Jam, that is breach of contract. Right, Nicki?

1/25/2013 9:58:54 AM
See once I signed her to my label, that means you can't keep making music with her name and likeness. If you want you can create a new Nicki Minaj, but it's never going to be the original one.

1/25/2013 10:44:39 AM
Marlon Wayans is the biggest gay in the history of gays. *spits on ground* *spits on ground again* *spits on ground a third time*

1/25/2013 10:45:28 AM
Better than have the shit that lambgoat reviews.

1/25/2013 1:37:14 PM
gay shit, waste of bandwith. Farthammer is knowledge son.

1/27/2013 8:35:28 AM
I will fck the singer in his ass the first chance i get!