Hydra Head releasing Converge Caring & Killing LP

Monday, January 14, 2013 2:05 PM PT

Official press release:

As part of the mission to revitalize their great label, Hydra Head Records will soon be releasing "Caring and Killing" the first original recordings from Converge, on vinyl.

This is not new music. This collection of early Converge material from 1991 to 1994 has existed for many years on CD and Digital formats. However this new and improved version of this release features revamped packaging from Aaron Turner and J. Bannon. The release has also been remastered by Alan Douches at West West Side Music and in sonically superior to any previous versions on the release.

Keep posted to the Hydra Head website for release/ordering information, coming later this year. In the meantime, please support their "Hydra Health" project as they work diligently to repair and maintain their great label.

1/14/2013 3:02:53 PM
first fck

1/14/2013 3:54:42 PM
I'm trying to make as much money as possible on my shitty label and no popular/relevant bands are interested in working with me anymore so I'm going to start selling re-releases of popular bands that haven't been on my label in years cause money is more important than self-respect, right?

1/14/2013 4:31:11 PM
Alan Douches Alan Douches Alan Douches Alan Douches Alan Douches Alan Douches Alan Douches Alan Douches

1/14/2013 6:07:55 PM
I'm trying to make as much money as possible on my shitty label

The dude's trying to avoid bankruptcy and pay off debts, you retarded dipshit.

1/14/2013 6:41:31 PM
hydra head is boss

1/14/2013 7:39:24 PM
Hydra Head had/has the balls to take chances on a ton of bands that would never be multi platinum. Why? Art mother fcker. Real art, not some chodes who were desperate for bandcamp plays. Save HH!

1/14/2013 11:54:59 PM
Who's going to buy this? Just wondering...cause Converge has always been one of my favorite bands and I can't see myself ever spending my money on this. Can't imagine this selling more than (maybe) a few dozen copies. There's just no market for Converge rereleases.

1/15/2013 4:56:28 AM
no market for Converge Re-releases? Are you thick? Did you miss the scramble for Jane Doe, Petitioning, When forever...? Granted, most were people looking to pawn them off on deadformat, they all sold extremely well. This one will do even better, because it never hit vinyl.

1/15/2013 9:31:44 AM
Yeah, you're a fcking clueless idiot if you don't think this is going to sell very well.

1/15/2013 9:31:29 PM
The dude's trying to avoid bankruptcy and pay off debts, you retarded dipshit.

More like they need drug money. Where do you think those royalties went??

1/16/2013 6:15:08 AM
in sonically superior in sonically superior in sonically superior in sonically superior in sonically superior in sonically superior in sonically superior in sonically superior

1/25/2013 9:28:45 AM
Can't wait, one of my favorites!