Machine Head cancels shows; frontman needs surgery

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:45 PM PT

Official press release:

Machine Head must exit their current North American tour with Dethklok, All That Remains and Black Dahlia Murder due to matters completely beyond their control.

Frontman Robb Flynn must have emergency surgery. Flynn had planned to go under the knife in January after completing the tour as he has been playing through the pain of a double inguinal hernia since the tour started in October. He had hoped to continue the tour despite extreme discomfort, but it's become too difficult to continue on. Flynn will undergo surgery tomorrow, Wednesday, November 14 in Minneapolis before returning home to California to recover, rest and recuperate. Machine Head will rejoin the tour in Portland, OR.

Machine Head extends its regrets to fans, the other bands, and the other crews for having to leave the tour prematurely.

Below is Flynn's statement about his health and the tour.

"I've been toughing out an inguinal hernia below my waistline since June of last year, and a few months ago got a second hernia in my nuts. What basically happens is my guts drop into my nuts, and it looks like I have a third testicle (man, I can hear the jokes already!) It hasn't been that painful, and I've gone to the doctor a few times to take care of it, but he said after surgery I probably couldn't sing for a few weeks, and since that wasn't going to happen, I scheduled it for January when I had a break.

"Unfortunately, after the last few shows, my guts have been very swollen and hard to push back in. Yesterday, the pain was excruciating and I went to the emergency room last night. They said that I need surgery.

"I will be doing my damnedest to rejoin the tour in a couple weeks. Thanks to all the fans, bands, and crew for understanding. I'm determined to see you all soon and finish what has been a great freakin tour!"

11/13/2012 6:51:18 PM
hope he feels better

11/13/2012 7:02:09 PM
this happened last summer, they had to bail off mayhem fest because he hurt his throat or something. Best of luck to robb flynn.

11/13/2012 7:02:32 PM
the guts in nuts tour 2013

11/13/2012 7:06:15 PM
Damn...I had an inguinal hernia when I was five, one of my many painful childhood memories, lol. Best of luck to Robb

11/13/2012 7:19:07 PM
I didn't really need a visual of the singer for Machine Head pushing his "guts" back into his abdomen through his ballsack. Thanks, guy.

11/13/2012 7:19:45 PM
I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle I have a third testicle

11/13/2012 7:27:16 PM
^^^
ineedsalt demonstrating his comprehension skills ladies and gentlemen.

11/13/2012 7:28:57 PM
Almighty my ass

11/13/2012 7:28:59 PM
man up, do some heroin and get out there!!!!

11/13/2012 9:15:32 PM
Emmure should replace this.

11/13/2012 9:41:09 PM
anonymous2 hours ago
^^^
ineedsalt demonstrating his comprehension skills ladies and gentlemen.

comprehension skills comprehension skills comprehension skills comprehension skills comprehension skills comprehension skills comprehension skills comprehension skills comprehension skills comprehension skills comprehension skills

11/13/2012 9:52:28 PM
Machine Head were touring with those bands? Weird.

11/13/2012 10:47:00 PM
Well fck. I'm not going to overlay just to see bdm. fck all that remains and metalacoplypse. Hernias suck, get well rob.

11/13/2012 11:21:09 PM
Probably got the hernia from listening to Phil Labonte and company's new album.

11/14/2012 12:54:10 AM
Green to Red? Im washin my machine.

11/14/2012 1:49:04 AM
For all you fcktards that can't read. ReRead that shit. That is like one of the most horrifying things ever. Think about it, your abdominal wall is tearing and your intestine is falling down into the gentleman's sausage area. Inverted Gut Slit. Shit makes my balls shrink just reading it.

11/14/2012 6:52:33 AM
Dethklok will probably write a song about this.

11/14/2012 7:29:41 AM
Anonymous. It's not very horrifying at all. 1 in 3 males get at least 1 hernia in their lifetime. I've had two already and I'm only 29. It's common. Plus, it's ROB FLYNN. NOTHING CAN STOP ROB FLYNN!!!

11/14/2012 7:29:50 AM
^ LOL...probably. I just saw them on this tour and I can't believe he was fighting a hernia while playing live. Pretty badass.

11/14/2012 9:23:51 AM
Well this put me off my lunch

11/14/2012 12:28:02 PM
lol @ these comments

11/14/2012 12:38:26 PM
what did they have to remove the "gay" surgically ?

11/15/2012 5:13:11 AM
ten ton hammer to the scrotum should fix this

11/15/2012 12:46:45 PM
Trivium will happily replace Machine Head, they have basically tried to be every other band so I'm sure one more wont hurt

11/16/2012 6:04:18 PM
I had the exact same shit happen to me, third nut and all. shits not fun

11/17/2012 2:20:36 AM
Get well soon Rob!! Deez Nuts should replace them until he gets better. ---->8==D