Century Media Records signs Monsters Scare You!

Saturday, September 22, 2012 6:55 PM PT

Seattle, WA post-hardcore/electronica band Monsters Scare You! has joined the Century Media Records roster. Formed in 2008, the group released an EP in 2010 titled "Teratophobia."

9/22/2012 7:00:56 PM
frist psot

9/22/2012 7:04:44 PM
gayiest shit I've ever fcking seen. Watch 3 minutes and ralphed.
Skrillex is stoked

9/22/2012 7:19:01 PM
This band is so scene it hurts

9/22/2012 7:22:49 PM
how is this shit popular?

9/22/2012 7:26:48 PM
Century Media didn't want to have to sue more people so now they're signing shitty bands.....cause nobody will want to download this shitttttttttttttttttt

9/22/2012 7:28:05 PM

9/22/2012 7:30:14 PM
This is the new grunge. ^-^

9/22/2012 7:30:58 PM
^^^^^^you're gay

9/22/2012 7:58:42 PM
Why is Century signing all of these bands from Washington that nobody gives a shit about

9/22/2012 9:24:17 PM
ugly chicks in da van

9/22/2012 9:40:23 PM
Monsters Scare You? Really...?

9/22/2012 9:41:02 PM
Warped Tour is stoked.

9/22/2012 9:46:25 PM
stopped reading at seatle, wa

9/22/2012 10:39:52 PM
when did centruy media ever sign a band anyone cared about? i mean, this is just getting embarrassing though.

9/22/2012 10:56:49 PM
Had to turn the video off once the horribly gay clean singing started. The new wave of poorly-done electronica/metalcore is absolutely nauseating. Horse The Band was sick back in the day but everything has gone downhill from there. BTW I See Stars called and they want their riffs back. But hey at least these guys are up front about their homosexuality: thats always a plus.

9/22/2012 11:03:56 PM
anonymous3 hours agoThis is the first band that truly utilizes the firepower of electronics that we have today. I have to admit, it's not really my style. But I respect the hell out of them for doing what they do. Congrats on being signed!

Are you fcking kidding me? This is the "first band to utilize the firepower of electronics" is just fcking ridiculous. There are literally 20 bands I could name that do this style better than this band and those ones aren't even good.

9/22/2012 11:56:01 PM
lol, not century actually, just a side-label http://hollywoodwaste.com/ hw-roster/monsters-scare-y ou/

9/23/2012 12:13:01 AM
These Kindergarten kids are more hardcore then this band wow
http://www.youtube.com/emb ed/QVu3dXPIMB0

9/23/2012 12:22:40 AM
This is a new fcking low in music today.

9/23/2012 12:49:03 AM
Hollywood Waste and Century are the exact same thing. Don't kid yourself.

And, did they sign this because they lost Monsters Everywhere to NB?

9/23/2012 12:50:25 AM
Sorry, Surrounded By Monsters. Confusing my god awful bands

9/23/2012 12:55:36 AM
I remember my first Brokencyde concert

9/23/2012 12:58:56 AM
Haha, you were thinking of that band Vampires Everywhere. Another terrible band on Century with a monster/vampire theme. Where the fck do all these bands sprout up from? I do not understand how there could possibly be a market for music like this.

9/23/2012 1:04:16 AM
i will find the singer, rip his jerk open and take a shit in his jerk

9/23/2012 1:11:27 AM
Skrillex is stoked.

9/23/2012 1:40:45 AM

You OBVIOUSLY haven't heard Exotype.

9/23/2012 1:40:55 AM
Destiny Potato are stoked

9/23/2012 1:52:32 AM

You OBVIOUSLY haven't heard Exotype.

I haven't heard Exotype either but I'm sure they're better than this garbage.

9/23/2012 2:02:38 AM
this is everything i hate about music, its worse than garbage. it makes me sick to know people like this still exist 1, and 2, people will buy into this music. one can tell how 'groundbreaking' this crap is by the name of the band. death to anyone remotely interested in this band. i wish they were a christian band so i could hate them more..

9/23/2012 2:10:02 AM
What is with the "warning" at the beginning of the video? Did someone actually think this was funny or original?

9/23/2012 3:17:17 AM
victory are pissed they missed out on this shit.

9/23/2012 4:04:06 AM
inb4 bald guy gets kicked out for not having scene hair... Maybe they could buy him a wig.

9/23/2012 4:05:15 AM
*band, not vandals lol. Stupid predictive text

9/23/2012 5:40:34 AM
Asking Alexandria is stoked. Noone else is.

9/23/2012 8:30:49 AM
Blood On The Dance Floor is stoked.

9/23/2012 8:44:52 AM
vandals is actually a good way to say it.

9/23/2012 9:33:20 AM
Century Media, remember when they used to be a legit metal label?

9/23/2012 10:23:12 AM
Im convinced that there are only three rows of people in that crowd.

9/23/2012 10:35:54 AM
This is just kids hangin in their moms van, playin w toys their moms got em.

Monsters arent real. This band isnt real. Your mom however.... shes real.

9/23/2012 10:40:14 AM
Dude! That keyboard player is a lesbian I think.

9/23/2012 10:55:11 AM
closet gays from the century roster are stoked.

9/23/2012 11:07:25 AM
they must literally be running out of bands to sign. nobody is stupid enough to actually start or be in a band now a days so this is whats left.

9/23/2012 11:28:11 AM
A lot of people are talking shit on Monsters Scare You, and yet no one is posting links to THIER OWN music. Where is your band??

-Tom B

9/23/2012 11:43:00 AM
^^"THIER OWN"

Where'd you go to school? dckwipe.

9/23/2012 11:57:43 AM
"You've got to admit, CM know a profitable vandals when they see one. Can imagine this being very popular with the only demographic left that regularly purchase music (teenage girls)"

Here's the thing: They don't. They're trying, but failing. Vampires Everywhere was a flop, as I'm sure this will be.

And here's that other embarrassing "monsters" band, on Nuclear Blast: https://www.facebook.com/S urroundedByMonsters

9/23/2012 12:31:00 PM
gays scare you !

9/23/2012 12:39:21 PM
blame Lonnie Reed for both Into The Flood and this band for being picked up. He sucked someone's dck at CM and they apparently owed him big time for it. Seattle, WA has no lack of talented bands that deserve a record deal infinitely more than these douchebrains.

9/23/2012 1:06:50 PM
I will wear a suicide vest. I will get into their van. I will push the button. Allah will sort them out.

9/23/2012 1:14:38 PM
lol...

9/23/2012 1:56:59 PM
Into The Flood, Monsters Scare You and Lonnie are all Tacoma, not Seattle. Both bands were signed to sublabels before Lonnie worked with them. He's a good promoter anyway, not like most of the idiots in socal.

9/23/2012 3:14:01 PM
Release one album, gets dropped, breaks up, and about 5 people will care.

9/23/2012 5:34:17 PM
These fcking mickey avalon wannabes and anyone like them who just leech on whatever is popular are killing the hardcore scene by riddling it with estrogen infused pssy music.

9/23/2012 5:42:45 PM
the absolute worst garbage ive ever heard. what happened to actually playing the guitar? we wonder why the music industry is dying, cuz labels are signing talentless garbage like this.

9/23/2012 6:22:05 PM
I don't understand the hostility, if you don't like it don't listen. Also, if you're going to talk shit about a band...at least offer valid criticism.

9/23/2012 6:28:26 PM
WE SEE YOU TROLLINNNN, YOU HATINNNN ASS MO FO's

9/23/2012 6:53:56 PM
And you guys are so hard talkin shit on a blog site, if you think they're music is so bad make your own fcking band and get signed pussies.

Ps. Do the world a favor and if you have a penis stay off blogs sites those are for girls to bitch on, not boys.
Thanks
Karly

9/23/2012 7:33:56 PM
Hey Karly Late To The Party.

We all have bands, that is why we all talk so much shit. Duh.

9/23/2012 7:52:45 PM
Monsters Scare You! is hardcore music for people who don't like hardcore music.
They are posers. A bunch of clowns capitalizing on tattoos and bangs being handsome.

9/23/2012 7:56:18 PM
Karly obviously doesn't play an instrument. SO she's obviously not in a hardcore band. Inspiring speech though, but that would be the appropriate person to defend this shitty fcking band.

9/23/2012 8:31:43 PM
Hey I just met you,
And this is crazy,
So here's my numba,
So call me maybe?

9/23/2012 8:51:31 PM
MSY! Or DIE! You fcking bitches

9/23/2012 9:10:38 PM
Oh so since you're ALL in bands that gives you the right or the knowledge to talk shit about guys you don't even know, or have seen before? Ha ha. Where was your last show? At the local bar down the street for 12 people on a Tuesday night?

9/23/2012 9:17:33 PM
No this band has really achieved a lot in the sense of spending more time on twitter and on facebook than on writing a hardcore song. I use the term "hardcore" loosely. Because hardcore bands spend more time with their instruments than with a flat iron.

9/23/2012 9:33:23 PM
Guys... guys, can we just focus on how undeniably awful this band is? This band's music is the audio equivalent of shoving your penis into an electrical pencil sharpener.

9/23/2012 9:41:58 PM
Something tells me that Karly doesn't swallow. How pathetic.

9/24/2012 12:42:00 AM
Why dont you all post links to your bands up! I mean you can judge this band.. but lets all judge yours now.. Any takers?

9/24/2012 3:27:07 AM
This is a NEW LOW for Century Media. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse. That label is DONE FOR.

9/24/2012 3:46:31 AM
shit label signs gay band. shocking.

9/24/2012 4:41:32 AM
being signed doesn't mean a fcking thing anymore, enjoy the short-lived attention. this music is a disgusting shame to metal and is the furthest thing from it, GTFO

9/24/2012 5:51:55 AM
This music is so fcking terrible. Auto tune....really. doing kesha cover songs. For fck sake. This is where music is heading people. Gay ass songs with an even gaygier keyboard player that barley plays......where in the Hell is some old fashion hardcore metal........god help up all if this is what we have to look forward too in music!

9/24/2012 6:52:59 AM
Do any of you posting comments realize how fcking retarded you sound? For starters, the idea that anyone can point to a sound and unilaterally claim that it's 'good' or 'bad' is a stupid gay. I can rage at Skrillex or Justin Bieber or Nicki Minaj (fcking fck Nicki Minaj) all I want, but at the end of the day I know that I'm not the sole fcking arbiter of music- and that if I was, there'd be a shitload of pissed off teenage girls. (continued)

9/24/2012 6:54:58 AM
Likewise, if any of the equally scene-possessive gays on a pop-music blog had reign, you'd all shit bricks. If it's not your sound, if it's not your scene, then shut the fck up and listen to your shit. Some bands bend over for labels, some for money, and just as many bend over for elitist fans- MSY! is just having fun. They have their niche, their scene, and their fans are having a blast with them. (continued)

9/24/2012 6:56:42 AM
Do I drunkenly blast their music on my way home from the bar at 3AM? No. I blast Backstreet Boys- and I get on my knees and thank Jesus every night that I can, gays. Keep hating- music you don't like will always exist. Your scene will mature, will grow balls, will fck other scenes (like electronic), and will have little red-headed scene bastard children with them, who often become more successful than their predecessors. (continued)

9/24/2012 7:04:02 AM
God bless those little red-headed scene bastard children. God bless them all. MSY! or die!

- GIANT

9/24/2012 8:50:37 AM
This is miserable music. I could give a fck less what they look like, 'cause as soon as the next popular look is discovered they'll jump on that one I'm sure, but the music is just fcking horrible. I'm sure between all of the notably "popular" labels that there are 100+ bands that sound exactly the same and there's thousands more that are just trying to suck the right dcks to get their shot at a mall tour and some jailbait too. (continued)

9/24/2012 8:51:12 AM
It pains me that there are countless bands with the ability to play their instruments and craft real songs that get pushed to the side because the general public are fcking brainless morons who've made a gaggle of gays prancing around to Tiesto with breakdowns into a popular style of music. It sucks more that spoiled teenagers with the bare minimum ability to play their instruments or use their software cash in on these zombies on the regular. (continued again...sorry)

9/24/2012 8:51:40 AM
I don't know if I'm bothered more by the fact that people generally find this kind of music tolerable, or that there's actually musicians claiming to play hardcore (or a derivative of) while simultaneously lacking any and all integrity and simply hop on the most popular band-wagon.

9/24/2012 10:01:29 AM
hahahaha at this band of galactic sized gays sending their 14 year old fangirls to defend them on the internet.

9/24/2012 10:31:50 AM
"being signed doesn't mean a fcking thing anymore, "

Absolutely spot on correct. These dudes prob signed the worst deal imaginable, paid for the record mostly out of pocket and will be dropped as soon as this trend dies or a week after their record bombs.

9/24/2012 11:16:47 AM
Meh. If you don't like how "bands like msy" get signed and are "ruining" the scene..Go take a shower, you greasy fcks, and get out from behind your keyboard and get out in the world and DO SOMETHING. MSY is getting out there and making it happen. Keep talking shit..but all the while these guys are moving forward and you'll all still be here talking shit on the next band that gets signed. Pathetic.

9/24/2012 11:52:57 AM
Yeah, they'll be as big as the Browning. They should start planning for their mansions now.

9/24/2012 1:02:46 PM
conduit
1 day ago
victory are pissed they missed out on this shit.

best comment by far.

9/24/2012 2:08:21 PM
Not really sure what Century Media are doing. At least Nuclear Blast still signs metal bands these days. Might be power metal bands, but at least it's not this shit claiming to be "metal" or "post-hardcore" Remember when Post-Hardcore was good? Quicksand, etc.

9/24/2012 4:48:36 PM
I'm actually happy that they are getting all this negative attention cause obviously the music gave you guys some weird feeling in your pants that you never had so why don 't you all go put your slayer albums on and Maybe go tickle a pig and make it squeal I bet that'll be music to your ears. MSY is around to stay so in the wise words of Cory Fay "SUCK IT NERDS!" I'm for oneam damn proud of these boys.
Fame-

9/24/2012 5:44:30 PM
If the gays in this band ever read this. You have no musical talent, you are clinging on to extremely over saturated dying genre, the only people that will actually listen to your music are people who haven't heard anything better. I.E teenage girls.

9/25/2012 8:03:20 AM
"MSY is around to stay"

1 year, tops.

9/27/2012 1:04:40 AM
girls who lost their virginity at 11 are stoked

9/27/2012 9:09:35 PM
oh god no! they need to take their music and haircuts back to 2005. Century Media will regret this decision.

9/28/2012 7:22:33 AM
This is so funny! I understand that you may not be into this music and you are probably wondering why your band gets passed up on a record deal and this band gets one. Maybe because they do promote their asses off on social media sites like you are suppose to. Maybe they have more than 5 people at a show. So if a label passes over your band and takes a band you think is really shitty, then that tells me your band must be INCREDIBLY SHITTY!

9/29/2012 2:58:16 PM
I'm not in a band. But I know a lot of guys that are.
I'll tell you what though, those guys actually write their own songs and they put some fcking time into it.
The argument isn't some big dck pissing contest over whose band is superior. Its a matter of what we think of this band. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and just because all those defending Monsters Scare You haven't heard talent before, doesn't mean we should neglect expressing our own views on what we think is.
(cont.)

9/29/2012 2:58:35 PM
So if you pussies can't fcking grasp that concept grow up. You're not changing metal, you're changing pop. So actual metal and hardcore fans will not like your band.

9/30/2012 5:09:47 PM
After reading every single one of these comments, I still haven't seen a SINGLE link to ANY bands. If you're here to talk shit, post your fcking music. I'm dying to hear what you genius metal nerds have to offer. Pussies.

10/4/2012 8:20:36 AM
^^All in the band, even if stated otherwise.