Lamb of God singer gives first jailhouse interview

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:12 AM PT

Now jailed for more than two weeks on charges of manslaughter, Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe has provided his first official interview. Through his lawyer, Blythe spoke to Blesk.cz this week. You can read the entire interview here, but it's in Czech, so good luck. Using Google Translate, we've pieced together a few of the key questions and answers:

What happened during the incident at the club during the Abaton concert in 2010?

"I do not know about any incident. Because we play a lot of concerts, I don't usually remember much about individual shows. I just remember that the club had a small stage, which barely fit the group and our equipment. Also, there was apparently a security guard because many people climbed onto the stage - I think that one small boy in particular - but I could be confused with other clubs. Since I don't wear my glasses during shows, I see very little more than outlines. I can't see details. In any case, I did not attack anyone. The only thing that can happen is that I defend myself during unpredictable contact with audience members."

How do you spend your time in custody and with other inmates?

"I read and write letters to friends and family, and also keep a diary. I get along very well with my cellmate. I'm even trying to learn a little Mongolian. I'm also starting to write a book about Pankrác prison, in addition to some song lyrics."

Do you have reservations about the work of the Czech police and justice system in your case?

"As for the police, I believe that they are very professional and follow the principles of good conduct. But in terms of justice, frankly, I don't understand it because it's different than the U.S. I thought that if bail is posted, I'd be released. I definitely do not understand the need for my case, since our goal is to satisfy the audience and to ensure that they like the show."

7/17/2012 7:19:49 AM
ROT IN fckING SOLITARY CONFINE AND SET YOURSELF ON FIRE ALREADY

7/17/2012 7:19:56 AM
*CONFINEMENT

7/17/2012 7:32:14 AM
"I'm also starting to write a book about Pankrác prison" i think he's innocent for the charges against him, but he deserves the chair for that statement.

7/17/2012 7:33:30 AM
I wish I could tell you that Randy fought the good fight, and the Sisters let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but prison is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew.

7/17/2012 7:51:08 AM
New Album dropping soon, artwork to be revealed. Mein Kampf coming Summer of 2013

7/17/2012 7:51:22 AM
^ HOLY SHIT I WAS THINKING OF A SHAWSHANK QUOTE LOL

7/17/2012 8:24:43 AM
"I don't remember much about specific shows, we tour so much that it all becomes a blur, but I definitely remember not attacking this individual at this particular show. Honestly"

7/17/2012 8:43:42 AM
buttsexflip

7/17/2012 9:17:57 AM
lol loyd

7/17/2012 10:12:59 AM
there's a very clear video of randy throwing that kid by his head off the stage along with the security guard giving him a push. How do you not see yourself throwing someone smaller than you off a stage?

7/17/2012 12:18:10 PM
^ He will get quite the push in between his jerk prior to his release in Czech, trust me

7/17/2012 12:43:10 PM
This guy is a fcking fruitcake. I bet he's crying his eyes out in jail, what a fcking pssy. I hope his plane crashes after they let him out when he returns to the states.

7/17/2012 1:35:26 PM
OMG I can't wait for the book. Randy Blythes memiors will be unparalleled.

7/17/2012 2:58:12 PM
Inmates having a thing for soul patches are stoked.

7/17/2012 5:53:48 PM
our goal is to satisfy the audience our goal is to satisfy the audienceour goal is to satisfy the audience our goal is to satisfy the audience our goal is to satisfy the audience our goal is to satisfy the audience our goal is to satisfy the audience our goal is to satisfy the audience

7/17/2012 7:47:31 PM
Day 1 in prison. I got throat fcked and beatd.
Day 2 in prison. I just gave it up and really love it now.
Day 3 in prison. If I make it out of here I'm gonna date the singer from Life of Agony.

7/17/2012 8:09:23 PM
Everyone is gonna say Randy is guilty because they don't like his band. Im not a fan either because im not 15, but any person who has seen that video and thinks it's legitimately Randy's fault is insane. Anyone with half a brain knows that running onstage at a concert and trying to grab a band member will not end with you being gently taken off the stage. Serves that dumb ass kid right.

7/18/2012 10:05:59 PM
He's surely bitched up by now. I've seen a video of him in a fight, and the dude is pretty weak.