Kylesa cancels tour with Thrice

Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:13 AM PT

Kylesa has announced that they've cancelled their fall tour with Thrice due to the illness of someone close to guitarist Laura Pleasants. The band had the following to say:

"Thanks to everyone for an amazing year to date. The fests have been awesome, the shows have been great and despite being physically exhausted, we've had a blast. Cheers to all who made it possible. However, we also have some sad news to report. We had some things lined-up this fall including a tour with Thrice and a few other cool bands but unfortunately we will now have to put touring on hold until next year as one of our members deals with the terminal illness of a loved one. Right now we're still planning on playing MFNW; we'll keep you posted on additional/surrounding shows if there are any."

Pleasants commented: "Kylesa is a band comprised of individuals who love music. But we are also individuals who have families just like everyone else. I have to cancel the next few months to be with family due to the declining health of a loved one. I understand that canceling a tour not only affects the immediate band members and bands we play with but it also affects the fans, the promoters, the booking agencies, the venues, etc. That is, a lot of people are involved and a lot of people are affected. I thank all of these people for their support and understanding."

The band added: "We all wish Laura and her family the best through this difficult time, and we hope you all do too. We will be back out there again in 2012 and we look forward to seeing you all then. We'll have plenty of other non-touring related news for you shortly, maybe even a surprise or two; so stay tuned and we'll keep you posted."

7/23/2011 9:28:34 AM
first post

7/23/2011 10:14:30 AM
oh no! :(

7/23/2011 11:12:20 AM
i like laura. my condolences.

7/23/2011 11:46:56 AM
they just didn't want to tour with thrice

7/23/2011 11:55:20 AM
see what happens when you book shitty tours ?

7/23/2011 12:16:29 PM
I saw this coming

7/23/2011 1:37:27 PM
DO YOU NOT WANT TO GET PAID!?!?!?!....HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/23/2011 3:01:23 PM
doublecheeseburger 7/23/2011 1:37:27 PM DO YOU NOT WANT TO GET PAID!?!?!?!....HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! read this in the voice of Oprah. dont know why, either.

7/23/2011 6:50:33 PM
This is the point where you suck it up and find a fill in. Horrible business decision to pass up this tour.

7/23/2011 7:12:20 PM
Prayers have been answered :)

7/23/2011 9:59:58 PM
I love Kylesa, but for some reason I didnt think they would do well on this tour. Oh well, Ill still go cause I love Thrice...maybe they can find a good band to fill Kylesa's spot?

7/24/2011 1:48:23 AM
I was close to hooking up with this girl last time the came through, and was expecting to seal the deal this time, now I'm fckin pissed.

7/24/2011 2:25:38 AM
This didnt take long.

7/24/2011 3:32:48 AM
Looks like I'm not seeing this tour anymore

7/24/2011 5:24:24 PM
bad career move

7/25/2011 10:05:17 AM
i was hoping it said kylesa cancels tour with thrice. realizes theyre awful.

7/26/2011 10:42:01 AM
that sucks.

7/27/2011 9:59:38 PM
Not to sound insensitive, but get a fcking fill in. This tour would have gotten them so much exposure. Most Thrice fans are post-teen years dudes a good number of whom probably would have dug Kylesa.