NewsMay 10, 2024 1:55 PM ET1,555 views

Six Feet Under reveal lyric video for "When the Moon Goes Down in Blood", album out today

chris barnes six feet under 24

Six Feet Under's fourteenth album, Killing For Revenge, hits shelves today via Metal Blade Records.

To mark the occasion, the band unveils a lyric video for "When The Moon Goes Down In Blood." Produced by Reino Aedmäe, who also crafted visualizers for "Zodiac" and "Blood Of The Zombie" from Six Feet Under's previous album, Nightmares Of The Decomposed.

Frontman Chris Barnes shared the following:

When The Moon Goes Down In Blood," "I think all of the songs on the album deal with revenge in one way or another. That's why the album's called Killing For Revenge. Each song has that as a theme in it, whether it be man against man, or nature against man. There's a macabre core theme and it's more straightforward as far as lyrics go and the tone of the storyline really being a lot more horror, and generally speaking, about killing people. My mood is always really just diving into my own imagination and kind of a meditative state of concentrating and listening to the music and letting it lead me into a storyline.

Guitarist Jack Owen added:

This was the last song written for the album. Chris suggested something 'early 1990s.' I created drum beats reminiscent of early Immolation or Suffocation, where the tempo was somewhere between a thrash beat and a blast beat. Back then we wrote guitar riffs that were simple diminished lines with tons of palm muting, just crunching along with the snare drum. The music was written pretty quickly and I sent it off to Chris and he replied. 'I got this!' Boy, did he! It turned out to be possibly the best song on the album. A brutal old-school vibe.

anonymous 74 days ago

When the moon goes down in GOO

anonymous 74 days ago

"Well, I made the duck blue because I'd never seen a blue duck before and I wanted to see one." - Chris Barnes

anonymous 74 days ago

Been a fan since the early 80s

anonymous 74 days ago

the lyrics really speak to me

anonymous 74 days ago

This is the worst death metal song I have ever heard

anonymous 74 days ago

Not repetitive enough

anonymous 74 days ago

Here is what every Death Metal band will eventually turn into this turd-shit. Keep on blarging hatdcore kids, blarg

anonymous 74 days ago

Man, this sucks. I can't sheetrock to this.

anonymous 74 days ago

Only received a 4 on Lambgoat. Will never listen. Let me know when they receive a Zulu 9.

anonymous 73 days ago

Always loved SFU

anonymous 73 days ago

Cool

anonymous 73 days ago

This album so far is way worse foe me than the last ones. Jack Owen sucks and is way overrated as a song writer. Chris's strongpoint is always mid paced material so these thrashier tunes don't work ass well.

anonymous 73 days ago