NewsSeptember 23, 2023 12:26 AM ET22,780 views

CJ McMahon responds to being fired from Thy Art Is Murder, says he was forced to make apology

Thy Art Is Murder video

Thy Art Is Murder vocalist CJ McMahon was recently fired in a surprise decision by his band, the same day as the release of their latest album Godlike. Originally pushing back the album's release one week, the band re-recorded the album last minute with an unnamed vocalist. On the day of it's release the band made the announcement to release the singer, which McMahon said he was informed of via social media. The digital version of the new album features the new vocalist, while the physical editions, and the one sent to reviewers, features McMahon.

McMahon stated:

"I just woke up and saw the news. Yes this is how I found out. And yes it's not the whole
story. I'll be going live tomorrow at 5pm Sydney Australia time.

Burn everyone to death 😉"

Shortly after, McMahon posted a video, one he says is the original video he meant to release, after controversy over statements made on social media landed him in hot water with fans and his own band. McMahon explained that he was forced to make the original statement in which he apologized for his statements.

The caption on the video read:

This is the 2nd video I made weeks ago the band never posted, the apology video you all saw I was forced to make. I actually told the band to fire me as I didn't want to apologise as I didn't have anything to apologise for, the band said that if I left the band would be done so for the band I made the apology video you saw but this is the video I meant. I was shut down about posting this

In that video, transcribed by ThePRP, McMahon says:

CJ here. I wanted to talk about what's going on and about what I posted, but also apologize to everybody that's been upset and offended by this because I can now see how that has come across that I've offended the trans community. But I wanted to let you know that I apologize for this. None of this was my thought of doing at all. I wasn't trying to target the trans community. My issue with the video is you have a child that six months to one year old that can verbalize a word that is 'Yeah.' And that is it.

This woman could have said anything to this child, she could have said, 'Do you want to be an Islamic terrorist and blow up cities around the world?' The baby would have said 'Yeah.' 'Do you want to identify as a dinosaur and live as a dinosaur for the rest of your life?' And the baby would have said, 'Yeah. '

I think the world is fucked up enough as it is, with everything going on. Nothing to do with LGBTQ family, anything like this. at whatsoever. Snd I'll always stand with everybody with whatever their belief or whatever they want to be announced as or spoken to as or identify as. But the people that I will always stick up for first and foremost before anybody, is the people that can't stand up for themselves, and that's children. I feel that there's a lot of different walks of life other than the LGBTQ+ family that indoctrinate children and force feed children information and ideals many years before the these children should be spoken to him about these things.

I think around the world the sex ed conversation between school and children and parents and children range from about 10 or 11 or 12. And I think that's a that's a decent age to have these discussions about sex and gender and how the birds and the bees and all these sorts of things work. And I think for me, my opinion is that children should be protected from all of these things until these ages.

And I'm sure of course there is a very, very small percentages of children that have these feelings of, of being gay or being trans before the ages of 10, 11 and 12. And I think that these kids should be protected, nurtured, loved, respected, and looked after. If they do have these views. I've fully back all of this 100%.

The thing I don't back is these kids that the only information is the closest people around them. And then people force feeding these things that I feel are highly inappropriate for children to begin with at these young ages. I feel it's inappropriate, that is my opinion. And I stick by my opinion. I'm sure some of you if not all of you have seen videos of the LGBTQ+ family doing burlesque slash stripping shows in front of children.

Whether it's at a daycare center or a center that's been hired out for mothers to bring their infant and extremely young children to these events. I also feel that this is highly inappropriate. Whether the woman identifies as a woman and is straight in gender and sex and that is still highly inappropriate.

In Australia you can't go to a burlesque show, or a strip show until you're the age of consent, and the age of being able to drink alcohol, which is 18. I feel that this is the age in America would be 21 and I feel sure you're allowed to make that conscious decision for yourself. That me being a parent of two kids, I find that this behavior is completely inappropriate.

Again, none… my posts wasn't targeted at the trans community. It was there to protect children. That's all I want to stand for. I'm probably fucking up everything I'm saying right now, but I'm really trying to defend myself and also apologize at the same time for how it's come across. I shouldn't have said 'burn her to death.' But I was infuriated. I'm sure if I wrote that about a police officer or politician or priest or something like that they wouldn't be wouldn't have had gained any traction, everyone would have backed me.

Again, I apologize for the wording I used.

I don't know how I've been called a rapist. I don't know how I've been called somebody that wants to kill children. I don't know how the fuck we've gotten to that point.

But all I wanted to do is protect children at all costs from all things, including trans children. I would protect every child, black, white, trans, straight, gay, poor, rich, uneducated, educated, whatever it is. I don't care. I stand with fucking kids. And I stand to protect them at all costs. Whether they have anything to do with my life will be on the other side of the planet and I have information about it.

The two most things I can't stand in this world are rapists and fucking pedophiles and I believe they all deserve to burn in fucking hell. I'm not calling anybody from the trans pedophiles or rapist or any of these sorts of things. I apologize to all the people that have been offended the LGBTQ+ family, the trans people. All my intentions were was to protect children and this is all gone way too far and it's affected my life, my career, my friends, my family, my business, my staff, everybody.

I'm sure my trans friends that know me well would understand where I'm coming from and if they don't, I apologize. For that I've probably lost friends in this process.

In response, McMahon released a thank you video, as transcribed by Lambgoat:

Hey guys, I just wanted to make a short little video. I don't really want to go into anything else. It's more of a thank you for everyone with your support  and your kind words, it means a lot. And also, for the people who have come out of the woodwork that I don't know, and they don't really know me. The guys, Tommy Vext, Alex Terrible, and Ronnie Radkie, for reaching out. It means a lot to me that you guys have reached out and given me a lot of advice moving forward, thank you to everyone, as you can see I've got my little ones here who have no idea what a rockstar is, they just know what their dad is. So, I'm trying to look after my kids. Thank you so much for everyone, and the three guys I mentioned

meda widget. Press Enter to type after or press Shift + Enter to type before the widget

Related Lambgoat Video content:

Theprp straight shittin on lurk and slamgoat since 2001

anonymous 161 days ago

I bet he's driving driving while crying to Outback Steakhouse in one of those weird Ford station wagon cars with the pickup truck bed in the ass end. Total bitch

anonymous 161 days ago

vext alex terrible ronnie radke and Cj. that's a solid crew

anonymous 161 days ago

Ronald Radke the homo who dressed like a chick for the better part of 15 years is now the bat signal to all things masculinity, what an absolute shame

anonymous 161 days ago

A right wing russian, a murderer, and a guy that tried to make a career playing Trump rallys are all that came to your defense? Enjoy working at Burger King CJ.

anonymous 161 days ago

"Falling In Reverse vocalist Ronnie Radke, former Bad Wolves vocalist Tommy Vext, and Slaughter To Prevail vocalist Alex Terrible offered McMahon support." To the surprise of no one.

anonymous 161 days ago

I thought he deleted his social media?

anonymous 161 days ago

Rick Too Gay here. I'm still fat. Carry on.

anonymous 161 days ago

Buying bread from a man in Brussels He was six-foot-four and full of muscle I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich

anonymous 161 days ago

social media has turned people into soft, braindead losers

anonymous 161 days ago

He'll obviously start shoving things up his ass on only fans now to make a buck

BigDog 161 days ago

no care ever

anonymous 161 days ago

Can anyone legitimately give proof of ONE example of when a "stripping show" was performed for children?

anonymous 161 days ago

lmao, went through the struggle session and did the apology and got canned anyway. Who would've thought this genre would end up full of reddit-esque loser shit.

anonymous 161 days ago

To quote a wise man. "My brother CJ have a very funny retardation."

anonymous 161 days ago

Remember, in the real world, no one knows or cares who any of these people are. Teenagers and 20 nothing's will grow out of thinking any of this music is cool and all of this will finally be visible for what it is. Which is absolutely and irrefutably gay as f*ck.

anonymous 161 days ago

Inb4 Demi Lovato wearing a Thy Art is Murder tee leaving Starbucks.

anonymous 161 days ago

"I stand with f*cking kids"

anonymous 161 days ago

Matt Walsh is the greatest LGBTQ+ author of our generation. Looking forward to his appearance on Dancing With The Stars.

tommy vext is 🌈 af

anonymous 161 days ago

It was a godsend that Biden got elected because I could finally have my son's dick cut off

^ lol nailed it

Thy Manosphere is Triggered

anonymous 161 days ago

I honestly don't give a f*ck about the trans community whatsoever. Do your thing, who cares. That is my prerogative. Don't force your ideas on me or anyone else just like I don't force mine on you. If you don't like that, feel free to do something about it. Nearest gloryhole, five minutes. Your tiny cock, my enormous slobber knocker month.

anonymous 161 days ago

The biggest bottom feeder tweakers in "metal" have all offered their support!

anonymous 161 days ago

Holy shit what a f*cking loser. Your entire career is based on edgy atheism and now your bitch ass can't cope with being dropped by a band who is tired of your stupid f*cking personality. Being obsessed with cultural issues is for the fully autistic and severely mentally ill. Whining about the existence of trans people straight up means you sit around and think about cock all day hahahahahaha

anonymous 161 days ago

anyone who thinks trans people "force" their ideas on others has no life. You have no true friendships, no hobbies, nothing. You probably hate your entire existence and feel very insecure about your body. I'm assuming you either had absent or abusive parents, very little love in your life. There's just no way I could sit around and be angry about anything like that without feeling like a retard after more than a minute or two. Go outside.

anonymous 161 days ago

Month = mouth It's been five minutes. Where are my sweaty sweeties?

anonymous 161 days ago

But yeah, I don't know much what else to say. But all my intentions were, were to protect all kids trans straight, poor, rich black, white, yellow, pink, whatever they identify us protect our kids at all costs. Why don't you have a seat?

anonymous 161 days ago

Hahahahahahahahahaha. I'll take fries with that, CJ. Get bent. Society will keep paving over you windowlickers.

anonymous 161 days ago

"I honestly don't give a f*ck about the trans community whatsoever. Do your thing, who cares. That is my prerogative. Don't force your ideas on me or anyone else just like I don't force mine on you. If you don't like that, feel free to do something about it." ^ This is perfect. It translates to: I've been able to to fulfill my desire not care about something. Yet, I'm animated by the fantasy that caring about it has been "forced" upon me. I want you to know how I feel, but take offense at knowing how you feel. Might makes right (unless it's the cultural might that runs counter to my own tastes).

rick____tocchet 161 days ago

You offended .07% of the global population. YOU ARE FIRED!!!

anonymous 160 days ago

I lean left, and I stand for CJ. I agree with his sentiments. Protect our children at all cost.

OK dude

anonymous 160 days ago

Let's fight over a guy getting kicked out of a band. Maybe we will kill each other and the American oligarchs will buy out houses for pennies.

anonymous 160 days ago

I honestly don't give a f*ck about the deathcore community whatsoever. Do your thing, who cares. That is my prerogative. Don't force your ideas on me or anyone else just like I don't force mine on you. If you don't like that, feel free to do something about it.

anonymous 160 days ago

Thy flush is Counterclockwise.

anonymous 160 days ago

Physical copies of the new album will have his vocals. Vinyl and cds. They re-recorded for the digital/streaming version.

anonymous 160 days ago

Now it's two CJ's that were deathcore vocalists got canceled…hmmmmm

anonymous 160 days ago

he def has some solid names in his corner. that's a legit crew. Tim, your move …

anonymous 160 days ago

I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids I stand with f*cking kids

anonymous 160 days ago

Goddamn he-she's f*cking up everything

anonymous 160 days ago

"I stand with f*cking kids" - Leftists all around the world

anonymous 160 days ago

Lol, look at this asshole. Like he gets to decide when other people's children get an education and on what subjects. Doesn't sound very much like "freedom" to me. Then again, that's rightwing liars do all the time. They keep saying "freedom" but they mean "my freedom to control you." f*ck off CumJob McMahon

^gay

anonymous 160 days ago

I noticed the conversation always shifts on these subjects and no one wants to address the original elephant in the room. The video that CJ, Matt Walsh, Ronnie, etc sperg'd over is a toddler saying typical retarded toddler shit and the parent going "okay sweetie". Most of them want to be dinosaurs or cars too. Deranged trans people and far right grifters both latched onto this as some major trans affirming watershed moment because nuance and context are lost on this polarized cultural battleground desperate politicians have created in the last ten years.

anonymous 160 days ago

This genre went from songs with lyrics that said "pull the trigger bitch" to this. Soft

anonymous 160 days ago

This genre went from lyrics written by high school freshmen to those same freshmen being in their mid 30s with families. f*cking shocker.

anonymous 160 days ago

hopefully the non nude only fans will now be nude

Thy War is Info'd

anonymous 160 days ago

this is the most press coverage tommy vext has received since he beat the shit out of his girlfriend.

anonymous 160 days ago

How are they going to survive on the road without his senior discount?

anonymous 160 days ago

Just enjoying the libtards simp for people with mental health issues. Shows how much they give a f*ck behind all of their virtue signaling horseshit. Absolutely pathetic. It's no one wonder homelessness is sky rocketing in blue cities. f*cking enablers.

anonymous 160 days ago

It's also apparent that leftists are terrible at debating but would rather throw out ad hominem attacks rather than refute or respond to ANY sort of criticism towards their backwards agenda.

Settle down shadowgay^

anonymous 160 days ago

^Point made. Thanks little fella!

anonymous 160 days ago

^debate bros are the worst

anonymous 160 days ago

>liberals won't debate my point!!!!! You need to have a clearly defined point first. People can only make assumptions from your statement. Are you saying trans people are mentally ill. Are you saying all homeless people are mentally ill. Are you suggesting this must mean that all trans people are homeless? Who is throwing money at what mentally ill group and for what purpose? See when you make vague and gay statements, you are purposely giving yourself a bunch of wiggle room to backpedal or move goal posts because your argument was disingenuous and lacked a point from the start.

anonymous 160 days ago

What a pussy Wahhhhh my band made me apologize wahhh

anonymous 160 days ago

^ this. And I hope you realize that the shit you say is absolutely a reflection of your intelligence level. Calling you a f*cking idiot when you say stupid shit isn't an "aDhOmOnIm" attack. It's simply a conclusion based on the evidence. Calling a stupid person stupid is just stating facts, not an insult.

anonymous 160 days ago

Right wingdumb fux say all that shit because there IS no point. They literally just spew out any shit they heard on fox news or Tucker Carlson or from the latest Ron DeSantis rally, doesn't have to be relevant or interconnected to any point at all. Then say "cant argue my point!!" Cause there is no point. Unthinking, brainless repeaters, all.

anonymous 160 days ago

Deleting comments and videos like a true fiddler

Like a true fiddler

"LiKe A tRuE FiDdLeR"

Frankie Palmeri still goated

anonymous 160 days ago

But how are the breakdowns?

anonymous 160 days ago

There's nothing better than watching groups of people argue over what their chosen master told them to say and think. Point and laugh at the clown show, everybody.

anonymous 160 days ago

CJs version of the album is better and I hope he kills himself.

rick____tocchet 160 days ago

anonymous 1 minute ago "Furnace Fest is going on this weekend. Why no exclusive lambgoat shirt this year?" Saw them selling last years shirt for half off LOL among callous doughboys merch 1. Cause I am not there 2. All the bands suck besides for Friday 3. No one went to the show 4. No one gives a f*ck

CJ f*cks his own kids

anonymous 160 days ago

My sex-change operation got botched My Guardian angel fell asleep on the watch Now all I got is a Barbie doll crotch I got an angry inch

anonymous 160 days ago

When will people realize that apologizing to the "tolerant" left will NEVER work. You say something that goes against their narrative and they piss and moan like the bitches they are? You f*cking double down them tell them to either eat a dick and f*ck off or do something about it. Mother f*ckers are cowards anyways so they won't do shit. This CJ guy should have never apologized. Pathetic cry baby bullshit and he still got dropped. 😂😂😂

anonymous 160 days ago

Is everyone really that upset at what he said? What the f*ck is this shit. How could you possibly be offended by his statement? This is getting out of control

anonymous 160 days ago

What a loser. That's fing hilarious. Dude agreed to give a fake apology then got fired anyway LOLLLL then tries the "oh it wasn't sincere" . Lol who cares you're a bich with no integrity either way. Ronnie Radke? Who?

anonymous 160 days ago

^^ Nobody is upset. Although maybe should have been smarter to post about burning somebody to death. He got played by his band like a Lil bich. He looks like a weak loser

anonymous 160 days ago

^^^you are correct. Apologizing when you don't mean it is weak and you'll get eaten alive. You simply don't respond to whoever trying to cancel. He did appologize though so he's a bich. One might argue he could have simply shut the F up and not proclaim someone should be burned to death over a video based in a country he don't even live in. Come on I think we can at least agree he appears low IQ

anonymous 160 days ago

Ive viewed this Radke characters Twitter once and he said "back when I dressed like a fruit loop" Hey at least he knows

Thy Art is Kid Fukin McMahon style

anonymous 160 days ago

LOL you loser staff are hilarious. Leave up my most horrible comments but delete a harmless comment on Madi and her husband Fiking losers lol

anonymous 160 days ago

^ Same. All I want is the accident report. They deleted it!

anonymous 160 days ago

Libtard here, just waiting on the government to tell me what to do next. Can't think for myself. I trust them wholeheartedly.

anonymous 160 days ago

Bring the old guy back that wanted to kill women that shit was awesome

Thy Fart Is Turder

YWNBAW TND

anonymous 160 days ago

^^^^ sucks OAN tit. give me more talking points, daddy. at least your pay-as-you-go android can load it from the loading dock break room.

anonymous 160 days ago

Like 90% of the world doesn't give a shit. The band could have kept going and been fine but noooooo

anonymous 160 days ago

Notice how most "anti-woke" commenters on here care less about the issue, the band, or any other shit. They're only worked up because someone apologized for something. No greater transgression for a straight white man than showing remorse or contrition for anything ever. Sure, everyone f*cks up every now and then, but if you just refuse to ever admit it, or even reconsider something you did or said… then hakuna matata, my god-like brother! You're still golden. Just keep doing, and never pause for thought. That shit is for lesser life forms.

volodymyr zelenskyy Is a goof

anonymous 159 days ago

"Forced" apology. Aka given a CHOICE by the rest of the band. Lack of understanding of what that word means doesn't help based bro's case that trans acceptance is being "forced" upon them.

anonymous 159 days ago

Using the word "based" is just a free pass to let everyone else know what a retard you are. Is that on this week's vocabulary assignment from OAN? Seems you fruits have been using it a lot more recently, for a lot of really thin arguments.

anonymous 159 days ago

CJ McMahon jou ma se poes

anonymous 159 days ago

My trans daughter was a huge fan of this band. It broke her heart when she found out this news. Shameful. Tonight I will be giving her extra estrogen so that she can feel better.

anonymous 159 days ago

Isn't this the same South African guy that tried to kill the drummer of his Slam band?

Thy Ary Is Peepee

tactical_hotdog 159 days ago

My name is Rita Poon

anonymous 159 days ago

There's a ton of cancelling going on at LG too if you can't even state fact, like gays have a higher numbers of mental disorders.

anonymous 159 days ago

I wanna know if the following bands stand up for trans rights: Merauder Integrity Blood for Blood Icepick Trapped Under Ice Hatebreed One Life Crew Shattered Realm Bulldoze All Out War Madball If these bands don't support trans rights, they need to be kept off of all fests and cancelled. Protect Trans Kids.

anonymous 159 days ago

You can only get canceled if you apologize. Ronnie Radke isn't canceled because he never apologized. Same with Alex terrible, deadmau5, the list goes on and on Whoa it's almost like "getting cancelled" is a right wing boogeyman that doesn't really exist. If you say "I'm sorry" three times in the mirror, you're f*cked.

anonymous 159 days ago

Trans dudes who Stand With Ukraine are stoked.

anonymous 159 days ago

^^^ all irrelevant bands. the right molest children under the guise of religion.

anonymous 159 days ago

He's getting $20K from Ronnie Radke. Considering that's 11 years worth of income for him I'd say he came out on top.

anonymous 159 days ago

Trans dudes who Stand With Ukraine are stoked. Hi Jared!!!

anonymous 159 days ago

Most grade school kids are 2 or 3 grades below where they should be. So. It is important we are affirming in these unprecedented times because kids can't read and write anymore.

anonymous 159 days ago

f*ck cj mcmahon, ronnie radke AND thy art is murder.......bands like falling in reverse and thy art is murder give the metal genre as a whole a bad name in general, also, how have these two f*ckWADS not had the living shit kicked outta them

anonymous 159 days ago

f*ckin' dudes 40, and looks like he's 57, lay off the crystals ceej. band has always been shit since day one, funny now that he's some sort of christian proud parent homo bullshit, while roleplaying as some scum shirtlord underground drug addict. not suprising, death core was always a shit stain on music as a whole.

anonymous 158 days ago

You can only get canceled if you apologize. Ronnie Radke isn't canceled because he never apologized. Same with Alex terrible, deadmau5, the list goes on and on Zimmerman later wrote an apology for his earlier post. "What I said was incredibly stupid, and I don't actually hold those beliefs, at all.

anonymous 158 days ago

CJ McTheyThem

anonymous 158 days ago

"Burn everyone to death" - a grown man

anonymous 156 days ago

So many words for "put another shrimp on the barbie" hopefully this dude stays in Australian and keeps his boomer rants to himself.