NewsSeptember 22, 2022 10:32 AM ET2,586 views

The Overcoming Project (Fear Factory/Threat Signal) debuts exclusive single "Victory"

the overcoming project promo

Dr. Mike Trubetskov

Official press release:

"'Overcoming' depicts a thorny path through the Doctorate degree, burnout, and insane 60-hour working weeks for years to build a Metal studio. 'Overcoming' is a recipe of becoming a better person through brutal self-growth." - Dr. Mike Trubetskov

The Overcoming Project is a Psychedelic Metal project featuring world-class metal musicians Mike Heller (Fear Factory, Malignancy) on drums, Jon Howard (Threat Signal, Imonolith) on vocals, and Sergei "Efes" Fomin (FS Projekt) on bass.

Executed by Doctor Mike Trubetskov - Guitarist and Producer at EOL Studios.

Overcoming EP depicts a psychedelic journey through immigration, Doctorate degree, Type I Diabetes and insane burnout into discovering the true purpose and becoming a Metal Producer.

"Determination,"  "Overcoming," and "Victory" are more than just heavy songs with killer musicianship. These grow into eternal, psychedelic objects that keep evolving into new dimensions after each listen.

After releasing the "Anxiety" single in 2020 through Heavy Magazine, The Overcoming Project returns with a bang.

Watch the Lambgoat exclusive video below:

anonymous 13 days ago

I can only assume the author used that beach/guitar screengrab because even they're aware how lame this is.

VodkaVeins 13 days ago

Really cool vocals/lyrics guys. Sincerely...

gay

anonymous 13 days ago

I have a problem with overcumming

anonymous 13 days ago

Yeah because you can totally hook up a guitar at the beach. Find the outlet make sure it's plugged in, tie yourself to it with the power on and go into the water.

anonymous 13 days ago

^^^^Homie doesn't know about wireless systems or iPads lol

anonymous 13 days ago

Playing in front of ocean cause I like banging guys

anonymous 13 days ago

Dude couldn't make it ten words into that statement without dropping the degree he got. We get it bro.

anonymous 13 days ago

^^^^Homie doesn't know about wireless systems or iPads lol What is that? I just woke up from a coma! Aren't we between 1921 and 1929 the Era of Prosperity, which is dominated by the Republicans in the national government.

Dr. Feelinadequate

anonymous 13 days ago

Is this guy a M.D. or a Dr...?

anonymous 13 days ago

Dr Rockstar your patient is dying he said your music is killing him

WHAT THE

anonymous 13 days ago

"anonymous 2 hours ago Nah, it's almost 2023... Republicans now invent their own research and facts, and only talk to people who reinforce their outlook to avoid accidentally learning something from somebody semi-educated. permalink | report abuse …Dark Brandon rises…" Retard finishes his saltines and milk and figures out how to post.

anonymous 13 days ago

the vocals could be better cause right now they f*cking suck em them balls

anonymous 13 days ago

I can't wait for more news articles because I'm tired of seeing this stupid f*cking picture on the home page.

anonymous 13 days ago

Retard finishes his saltines and milk and figures out how to post. Milk is good

anonymous 13 days ago

anonymous 2 hours ago Nah, it's almost 2023... Republicans now invent their own research and facts, and only talk to people who reinforce their outlook to avoid accidentally learning something from somebody semi-educated. Oh you mean like there are 12 genders and men can get pregnant?

anonymous 12 days ago

Is he a "doctor" like Jill Biden or an actual doctor? Also, Demented Joe Biden declared that the pandemic is over!!!

anonymous 12 days ago

"Oh you mean like there are 12 genders and men can get pregnant?" Lol! Snowflake cuck liberal isn't coming back from that hammer of truth. f*cking liberal twinks.

anonymous 12 days ago

Weirdest f*cking press release ever

anonymous 12 days ago

So what if he has a Doctorate. Most people that come to this site are 28 - 40, living with their parents, and work part time at Chili's. Top that!!!

anonymous 12 days ago

Don't like the douche nugget vibe of this band. It's like if a lame grandpa wrote hatebreed lyrics, and the band name is stupid as shit. Too bad you couldn't get a f*cking clue with that doctorate, dorks.

anonymous 10 days ago

conservatives are pussies.

anonymous 10 days ago

When I first got into heavy music, the one thing I knew I wanted was doctors to make music. I kept thinking, "You know what's missing from metal? Doctors." And here I am today 3 decades later, greeted by Doctor Mike Trubetskov. It's a true blessing to finally have my prayers answered. Do we all understand how lucky we are? Doctor Mike Trubetskov's credits include: Beast Impalor, Katana Cartel, Tamerlan Empire, The Archanan, Mazikeen, The Overcoming Project, Spare No Words, All Is Violent, Auld, Claret Ash, Moodswyng, An Emotional Construct, TI Monkeys, Zero Seconds Of Silence (NST), Blondmoss, Grand Duke, Edan Hoy, Flat-Liner, Sonic Moon, Hunt For Home, Skoria, Chris Gorsuch, Dreamworm, FS Projekt, Geo, Stinking Hellebore, Gift Of Madness, and many more. I really hope my next dream comes to fruition next: Secretary metal.

anonymous 10 days ago

Hi, all - Chad from TI Monkeys here. As mentioned above, we are all truly blessed to have Doctor Mike Trubetskov bestowing his doctoral metal upon us. When I first met Doctor Trubetskov (also known as Dr. T-skov), I went to him to better understand a fungal growth that formed along the axis of my jungle bridge. He knew immediately that my perineum was compromised. But more importantly, he noticed my Sonic Moon handkerchief bandana, and my Threat Signal wifebeater. At that moment, we locked eyes after he was done ogling my gooch, and he hastily ran out of the room. Another Doctor came in and said, "Dr. T-Skov just quit advancing our foundational and imperative sciences in order to form a metal group, he exclaimed 'THE OVERCOMING PROJECT'." I am grateful for that fateful day, as I started TI Monkeys that same week. God bless, and thank you Jesus for Dr. T-Skov.