NewsSeptember 8, 2022 7:31 AM ET5,924 views

Mike Patton plans return to the stage with Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle

Eric Larsen

The venerable Mike Patton has announced his return to the stage this December after canceling shows with Faith No More last year. This time around, he intends to play three South American shows with Mr. Bungle.

As Faith No More prepared to play a series of headline gigs in America in September 2021, Patton announced he couldn't commit to future touring plans, citing "mental health reasons".

In July, Rolling Stone magazine published an interview in which Patton revealed that he suffers from agoraphobia.

Patton shared with the magazine:

"I was afraid of people, I got freaked out by being around people. And maybe that was because I spent two years basically indoors during Covid. I don't know. Maybe it reinforced feelings that I already had. That sort of anxiety, or whatever you want to call it, led to other issues, which I choose not to discuss. But I got some professionals helping me, and now I'm feeling better and getting closer to diving back in. Towards the end of the year, I'll be doing my first shows in, like, two years, which is the longest time since I started doing this, that I've been out of the game."

The situation of Patton's missed shows, and returning to play with Faith No More was discussed in the interview. When asked, "Where does Faith No More stand now?" he replied:

"Radio silence. [Laughs]. I don't know. We may reschedule stuff; we may not. I'll just leave it at that. It's a little confusing and complicated. So if we do, we do. If we don't, that's cool, too."

Mr. Bungle will play in Chile, Argentina and Brazil this December.

12/11 Santiago, CL @ Estadio Monumental - Knotfest Chile
12/15 Buenos Aires, AR @ El Teatro Flores
12/18 Sao Paulo, BR @ Sambodromo Do Anhembi - Knotfest Brasil

anonymous 152 days ago

Talented guy, fragile mind.

anonymous 152 days ago

Mr. Wendal

anonymous 152 days ago

CUM TO BRAZIL

anonymous 152 days ago

Must be tough times at Lambgoat when they are doing ads for Dr. Dan's freedom forum.

anonymous 152 days ago

A little late to the game lambbutt

anonymous 152 days ago

The world would be a better place if Mike Patton just stayed in perpetual lockdown and never left his house or made music ever again

anonymous 151 days ago

anonymous 151 days ago

anonymous 151 days ago

My god people... if you have nothing nice to say STFU. Jealous much?

anonymous 151 days ago

Mental health reasons… ha ha ha. For a country and people so happy to proclaim how strong the USA is, you people are a bunch of hardcore pussies. 🇺🇸🖕

anonymous 151 days ago

Mr. BUNGHOLE

anonymous 151 days ago

anonymous 11 hours ago "I tried and tried but this mr bungle thing is NOT good. Pretentious dweebs like to imagine they're cultured or whatever by praising this as sophisticated art but I gotta believe Patton is just throwing shit at the wall and laughing at the people who lick it up." Certified dumbass. First album is the weakest over all but has at least four fantastic songs, the second is almost too weird for its own good but interesting and has more than a few great songs and two fantastic ones, and California is amazing as a whole except the golem song. Yup I'm certified and carded.

anonymous 151 days ago

Everything Mike touches is amazing no voice like him. New tomahawk new dead cross. Hope to be able to see him perform again.

anonymous 151 days ago

My god people... if you have nothing nice to say STFU. Jealous much? My god people... if you have nothing nice to say STFU. Jealous much? My god people... if you have nothing nice to say STFU. Jealous much?

anonymous 147 days ago

Haters = Trump 2020 For Life and have chunky wives. Nothing more. Die.